New York Area Meeting Anyone Thinking About It?
Nov 12, 2002 at 5:48 AM Post #166 of 235
Dark,

Change your plans and kill two birds with one stone:

1. Give Sovkiller a ride
2. Give Sovkiller a ride back.
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 12, 2002 at 5:43 PM Post #167 of 235
Is there still room for one more? I live a couple of miles away from Grado Labs in Brooklyn.

For what they're worth, I can bring:

Sennheiser 202 and 497
Sony V6, C180
Koss Portapro, KSC35, KSC 50

I've also got this new Philips 8cm MP3/PCDP that I think is pretty nifty (EXP 431).

Nov 12, 2002 at 10:47 PM Post #168 of 235
I would love to check this out. I have lurked here for a while and registered becuase of this. I grew up not very far from Grado Labs. I think it's pretty cool that Brooklyn has a world-class audio shop.

By the way, if you're looking for a place to eat afterwards, Ocean Palace is a fantastic Cantonese restaurant. It's about 8 blocks away in the heart of Brooklyn's Chinatown. Try the pork with fried milk or the mixed vegetables in tofu skin wrapper. They're not on the English menu, but they're fantastic.

Nov 13, 2002 at 12:02 AM Post #169 of 235
I really don't want to read through 167 posts to see if directions are there, so can anyone post directions from lower Manhattan? I'll be crossing the Brooklyn Bridge.....and then?????
Thanks.
Nevermind.....just got directions. I'll be taking the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel. Grado Labs is 6 miles from my son's place on Hanover Square. See you guys on Saturday!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 13, 2002 at 6:57 AM Post #171 of 235
Do you know the weight of the MGHead???? To carry it for two or more hours!!!! Na I will pass if is this way....

Nov 13, 2002 at 11:50 AM Post #173 of 235
I live in the same town, but public transportation is not the top of the line and is a Saturday, from here to Hackensack that is a lot closer, is an hour trip, sorry Willy but I will pass this time, my fault, what can I do?

Nov 13, 2002 at 7:19 PM Post #175 of 235
Dave, BustedKeaton, and any other last minute interested parties,

Everyone is welcome to attend. Please be advised that space is limited.

Nov 13, 2002 at 8:05 PM Post #176 of 235
Sovkiller -

Well you dont have to bring the MG Head, it would be nice but its understandable that you wouldnt want to lug it around on the bus/train.

I cant imagine it would take 2 or more hours from West New York, Im about 3x the distance that you are from Manhattan and the bus only takes an hour to get to the Port Authority from here. Once I get there I have no idea how to get to Grado Labs but it shouldnt be too hard to figure out.

It might be a little bit of a hassle but itll be worth it. Where else you gonna get to listen to all this dank headphone equipment at once?

Nov 13, 2002 at 10:20 PM Post #177 of 235
I would like to take it there, is like I want to test it with some other stuff, is not to go there just to use the ears, com'om guys that's is not fair, but as I say before the problem is mine, and don't worry about that, is too nice that everybody is worry about me, but if I would have a car this would be completelly unnecessary...the problem is not the distance, is a Saturday, and the traffic usually at that time is a real pain in the ass, of course the train is faster but I have no idea of how to take one, as I've never needed to use it, of course I'm not a kid and there is always a day to learn it, but not carrying my MGHead....Sorry guys next time I promise I will attend and don't feel guilty is my fault not yours, I feel very pleased that everybody was trying to help me!!!!Sorry guys

Nov 14, 2002 at 1:08 AM Post #178 of 235
Recieved 2 boxes from Headroom yesterday.One had the blockhead with cardas balanced cables. The other box had rs1s and hd600 with balanced cables. A HEADROOM bag with a cosmic and panasonic SL-CT470CD PLAYER.I would like to thank TYLL & TODD for lending us this gear for everyone to hear at the meet.I have to go now so I
can listen to the blockhead. See you all at the meet
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 14, 2002 at 1:25 AM Post #179 of 235
Quote:

Originally posted by bozebuttons
Recieved 2 boxes from Headroom yesterday.One had the blockhead with cardas balanced cables. The other box had rs1s and hd600 with balanced cables. A HEADROOM bag with a cosmic and panasonic SL-CT470CD PLAYER.I would like to thank TYLL & TODD for lending us this gear for everyone to hear at the meet

I'd also like to thank Todd & Tyll for extending themselves like this and giving us the opportunity to sample these amps. A big thank you to all at HeadRoom, it's greatly appreciated.

Quote:

Originally posted by bozebuttons
I have to go now so I can listen to the blockhead. See you all at the meet
smily_headphones1.gif

LOL, you lucky dog. Hard work babysitting that BlockHead, eh ? Enjoy !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back