New York Area Meeting Anyone Thinking About It?
Nov 15, 2002 at 12:50 AM Post #181 of 235
Orpheus has just supplied me with some impressive looking diy
interconnects and replacement cables for akg-1000 ,one with spade connectors and one with a regular headphone connector.I will also bring the stock akg-1000 cable. I would like members to do comparison tests of these cables and write down there thoughts.
I will have to bring some paper and pens and put them by the setup.If anyone else can bring another akg-1000 it will make this alot easier to do.
And yes a BIG THANK YOU to John Grado for hosting this meet.
There will alot of great gear for all to hear.

Nov 15, 2002 at 1:09 AM Post #183 of 235
LOL, I didn't have to carry the BlockHead !

Guys, it was Bozebuttons who initiated talks with John Grado and made this possible. We owe him a BIG thanks !

And of course to John Grado for opening his doors to us. This meeting wouldn't be taking place without his generosity.

smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 15, 2002 at 2:30 AM Post #185 of 235
For real, thanks to everyone who helped make this happen. You rock!

BTW, would anyone happen to have an EAR HP4 they could bring? Im most likely going to buy one after the meet but coming from England so I wont have a chance to hear it first.

Nov 15, 2002 at 3:09 AM Post #186 of 235
Does anyone have the Stax system they can bring? I'd love to hear one.

Bozebuttons, you're the man!!! We'll have to chip in (money wise) and get you laid.

To confirm:

We're meeting at the Grado labs this Saturday, 11/16 at 2pm. Is that correct?

Thanks

Nov 15, 2002 at 3:55 AM Post #187 of 235
OK, looks like I'm bailing. I really wanted to go, but I also really want to do my other stuff, and I shouldn't really go on any semi-major road trips untill i get my car repaired and inspected.. I damn near had to get and push today! Anyway, it sounds like a great meet and I hope I get to go to one soon and I hope you guys have fun. Sorry I can't make it, or give Stov a ride.

EDIT, to make it easier on my self I won't go back and review all the cool gear that's going to this.. It'll just mess with me.
frown.gif

Nov 15, 2002 at 4:15 AM Post #188 of 235
Thanks Dark for you offer anyway, I'm dying of going there but what can I do, I hope next time (if any other) I will attend, anyway this motherfu....r send the tubes by regular mail from Canada instead of the priority I asked and paid for, so it will take about a week or more to receive them, so for now no mullards just the Rayhteon so is a real shame, I'm working on getting another pair of HD600 (and on january I will go for the cardas cable if finally they fix the differences in the plugs) by the way of JandR matching price so if I could get the rebate also it will be a great deal, yes is too bored to alike cans, but I need another pair of cans and any other decent offer to match my MGHead so I will have a couple until I got another different one....

Nov 15, 2002 at 4:28 AM Post #189 of 235
Quote:

Originally posted by bifcake
Does anyone have the Stax system they can bring? I'd love to hear one.

Bozebuttons, you're the man!!! We'll have to chip in (money wise) and get you laid.

To confirm:

We're meeting at the Grado labs this Saturday, 11/16 at 2pm. Is that correct?

Thanks

1PM. All the details are on page 7, see my posts...

Nov 16, 2002 at 3:32 AM Post #190 of 235
Thanks Highway.

1pm it is! I'll see everyone there. I'm easy to spot. I look like my avatar.
biggrin.gif

Nov 16, 2002 at 3:57 AM Post #191 of 235
Just finished packing all the gear I have 12 boxes alltogether full of amps ,headphones,cables ,power cables ,sources.If anyone could bring some extra power strips I will need them as I can't find any of mine.I Will try and get there on time as I am working till 12:00
tomorrow.Highwaystar save me one big bench to put all this stuff on. I will need some help unloading.

Nov 16, 2002 at 4:51 AM Post #192 of 235
Quote:

Originally posted by bozebuttons
Just finished packing all the gear I have 12 boxes alltogether full of amps ,headphones,cables ,power cables ,sources.If anyone could bring some extra power strips I will need them as I can't find any of mine.I Will try and get there on time as I am working till 12:00
tomorrow.Highwaystar save me one big bench to put all this stuff on. I will need some help unloading.

Gotcha covered buddy !

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back