New York Area Meeting Anyone Thinking About It?
Oct 7, 2002 at 1:25 AM Post #31 of 235
I'm definitely interested. I live in Manhattan and have a set of HD 600's. I am in the market for a nice amp for solely classical music to go with these. Any suggestions? (<$2k)

Oct 7, 2002 at 7:27 AM Post #32 of 235
Quote:

Originally posted by nyc head
I'm definitely interested. I live in Manhattan and have a set of HD 600's. I am in the market for a nice amp for solely classical music to go with these. Any suggestions? (<$2k)

NYC head,

What kind of source do you have? If you have a REALLY good source, then Headroom Max may be the way to go for you. Otherwise, it may be overkill.

Oct 7, 2002 at 6:52 PM Post #33 of 235
Thanks for the input.

By the way, if anyone is interested, I live in a large apartment buildilng with lounges on each floor, each of which have 11 outlets. If necessary, we could meet in one of those rooms in my buiding in upper east Manhattan.

Oct 8, 2002 at 6:19 AM Post #34 of 235
NYC head,

What would we use for sources? It's fairly simple to plug in the amps and the phones, but being limited to portable players would suck.

BTW, are the lounges quiet? What about the building people? Will they object?

Oct 9, 2002 at 10:45 PM Post #35 of 235
Yeah, that's the problem. Basically, a few people would need to haul their CD P's, amps, and phones to the building.

As for the people, that's no problem. Are the lounges quiet? Well, they aren't soundproof, and you can hear a low hum from traffic on 1st Ave.

Just a thought.

Oct 10, 2002 at 3:32 AM Post #36 of 235
Well so far NYC Head's idea is the best we have so far. All those in favor say aye. Besides, we could have a ball in the city.

AYE.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 11, 2002 at 6:36 PM Post #40 of 235
I'll take the train into the 'City'. Count me in.

Oct 11, 2002 at 11:39 PM Post #42 of 235
Ok that's six, I could probably count on a seventh. NYC head the ball's in your court. What do you think?
Everyone who Ayed so far, we need to agree to a day if it works for NYC head. So let's start thinking about when it would be convenient for us all.
So long as I have about two weeks notice, almost anytime is good for me.

Oct 12, 2002 at 2:16 AM Post #44 of 235
Hold on a minute guys, not to derail this, but the original meeting (that was cancelled due to the terrorist attacks of Sept 11th) was alledgedly to be held at Grado Labs. Who originally coordinated this ? Do they still have the contact information ? And why hasn't this been rescheduled ? No offense to nyc head who has graciously offered to let us storm his apartment building, but I think all would agree Grado Labs might be better suited for this type of event and provide a more rewarding experience. I think it's worth investigating.

What do you think ?

If it can't be scheduled in a timely fashion or carries too many stipulations, then I fear nyc head will have his hands full
biggrin.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 12, 2002 at 2:22 AM Post #45 of 235
OK. Seven is a quorum. I suppose we would always welcome more, but seven is a fair number. I can provide the beverages for everyone (non-alcoholic, that is--bottled water, soda, juices, etc; sorry, but alcohol is a bit expensive, so BYOB, but not too much, please.) Any Saturday is the best day for me. Does this day work well for everyone, or do people want to try to meet in the middle of the week, or Friday after work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back