New York Area Meeting Anyone Thinking About It?
Oct 12, 2002 at 3:02 AM Post #47 of 235
Saturday's or Sunday's are best, with a bit of notice.

Isn't Grado Labs in Brooklyn? How easy is it to get to via public transportation?

Oct 12, 2002 at 3:35 AM Post #48 of 235
If someone wants to Pm me with a Phone Number to Grado Labs I'll be happy to make a phone call or two, but I do think that since we have an option for a site (NYC Head's building), We should turn our attention to a date we could all get together be it at NYC's or Grado's
So far this is the list I see of participants:
Williamgoody
Bifcake
NYC Head
Grinch
Jpelg
Bozebuttons

Dave the Rave and HighwayStar, are you guys definitely in?
Are the Labs free to use?

I'll PM joelongwood, he may have the number to Grado Labs.
And I agree about a Saturday or a Sunday.

Oct 12, 2002 at 4:18 AM Post #50 of 235
Quote:

Originally posted by jpelg
Saturday's or Sunday's are best, with a bit of notice.

Isn't Grado Labs in Brooklyn? How easy is it to get to via public transportation?

NYC subway stops a couple of blocks away if you can't hook up a ride. I think williamgoody will be driving car service that day...
very_evil_smiley.gif

BTW, from Grado's website: 718-435-5340

Oct 12, 2002 at 5:49 AM Post #51 of 235
I'm down for either NYCHead's apt building or Grado labs or both. Sat 11/9 is fine for me.

I'd prefer Fri night or Sat night so that I can park on the street if we're going to Manhattan.

Oct 12, 2002 at 8:05 AM Post #53 of 235
originally huy hua set up the grado labs visit over at headwize... but don't take my word for it right now, as i am drunk.

pie.

Oct 12, 2002 at 6:07 PM Post #54 of 235
Hey, not bad for four in the morning
biggrin.gif
It's huy_ha actually but he hasn't been on in two weeks. I'll try emailing him...

Oct 12, 2002 at 9:59 PM Post #55 of 235
I can make it after 2pm 11/9. What about parking. near building?
I can bring my cary 300sei if parking is available close to building.
If anyone wants a ride from western suffolk let me know.

Oct 13, 2002 at 7:37 AM Post #56 of 235
Hello there. I received an email regarding last year's proposed tour of Grado Labs. I was in contact with them and their initial response was that they didn't open up the place to the public. Then Mr. Grado emailed me saying that he would accomodate a small group of fanatics like us. After Sept. 11, we again exchanged emails, of course postponing any tour. I didn't follow up after that exchange.

I am still interested in taking the tour, but won't be able to make the 9th of November, so it would be bad to have me coordinate that trip. You should email Grado (the address is on their web site) and explain. They were ver fast with response and very gracious.

Grado Labs, by the way, is rather deep in Brooklyn.

Oct 14, 2002 at 10:08 AM Post #57 of 235
Just letting you all know that I'll be dropping an email to Gradolabs today, or calling (I haven't quite made up my mind how I should approach this yet) today when I get home from work.
NYC Head. You should look into the very real possibility that we'll be having this little pow wow at your place. So if you have to let building management or neigbors know, or whatever other arrangements you may need to make. Plus think about what would be the absolute maximum of number you can accomodate. I know right now we have six firm comfirmations on the board for attending, plus I may have two more members who may wish to attend. So far it looks like 11/9 is shaping up to be a possibility.

NYC Head I want to thank you for your very kind offer to put up this meeting and going through the trouble of geing ready to possibly host it. It's really gracious on your part and we all really appreciat it very much.

Oct 14, 2002 at 11:01 AM Post #58 of 235
If I'm in the city on that day I'll come along. What I bring depends on how far I have to lug it. Bringing a few amps isn't out of the question as long as I can figure out how to carry them safely.

Oct 16, 2002 at 2:09 AM Post #60 of 235
OK, so let's see what happens here. I would enjoy visiting Grado Labs; let's hope that works out. If not, then I will be glad to have people meet in my building: it is a four block walk from the 96th Street subway. You can find parking nearby (at least within five blocks). If we do meet here, then anyone bringing heavy equipment can double park while we unload, and then go look for a spot. For those of you who wish to pay for safe, and close parking, there is a lot right next to my building, which may be the best option if you are bringing equipment.

But let's wait to see what happens with Grado Labs. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back