New Yamaha Headphones
Oct 13, 2021 at 10:07 PM Post #106 of 136
Hello all, I'm quite new to this world and definitely new to this forum. I've put my eyes on L700A and reading here just sparked even more interest. But I was wondering if someone can tell me about wired performance. Somewhere I read it was not better than BL which puzzled me a bit, but again, you have a true newbie here. Has anyone made some tests in that regards?
And, if I may, what about mic performance when out in the street? Is it bearable? Will I be able to stay in that call when picking up my kids at school (yes... I'm a father)?

Thank you so much!

In my experience it's petty normal for ANC Bluetooth headphones to sound better wireless vs wired, that's how they're designed and tuned digitally to use, wired support is an afterthought

Oct 14, 2021 at 2:22 AM Post #107 of 136
Hello all, I'm quite new to this world and definitely new to this forum. I've put my eyes on L700A and reading here just sparked even more interest. But I was wondering if someone can tell me about wired performance. Somewhere I read it was not better than BL which puzzled me a bit, but again, you have a true newbie here. Has anyone made some tests in that regards?
And, if I may, what about mic performance when out in the street? Is it bearable? Will I be able to stay in that call when picking up my kids at school (yes... I'm a father)?

Thank you so much!

In my experience it's petty normal for ANC Bluetooth headphones to sound better wireless vs wired, that's how they're designed and tuned digitally to use, wired support is an afterthought

I would like to add that out of all the ANC Bluetooth headphones I've tried, this headphone in wired mode has the closest sound to its Bluetooth mode.. which is a good thing. I can't comment on mic quality as I haven't ever used it for calls. If you are very specific in regards to ANC quality in calls, I know for sure that the latest iterations of ANC headphones from Bose, Sony, and even Apple are pretty advanced in that area. I suggest checking out Gymcaddy reviews on YouTube for the other headphones as Yamaha headphones are not that well known.

Oct 26, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #109 of 136
Thank you all for your feedbacks! I should give them a try.
For anyone interested, I've found a Korean YouTube review (but with English subs) that offers some tests about ANC and recording quality, plus lots of feature explanations (don't know how biased it could be):

This video was really informative about the ANC, especially if you can tune out the korean VO, hahaha

Oct 26, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #110 of 136
I took the yh-l700a 10 days ago so I wanted to share my very newbie impressions and some doubts.
The ANC is fine to me, I think external noise is decently attenuated and I could not hear any hiss. This is the first headphones of this level that I own so it's easy to me to say they sound pretty good, I don't have much to compare with except for a pair of Shure 215 earbuds that I also like.
The 3d, while quite gimmick for some, it's very captivating to me and I enjoyed listening some lives on Tidal Hi-Fi.
For the first week it has been quite hard to keep them for more than a couple of hours but now I can keep them for almost a full day-work, except for some rest from time to time.
No one complained about hearing me while everyone did when I was using the wire mic on my shure.
Now some bads. I noticed a very weird "crack" noise coming from the drivers when the battery went below 20% the first time. Weird and harmful to my ears, fortunately it lasted probably 1/4 of a sec or so but I didn't like it.
The app sometimes loses the connection even while in a meeting and connected to the same device with sound and mic working fine.
For some unknown reason, sometimes jumping from a meeting to another using the same app (MS Teams), the volume increased significantly, and at least once making me nervous because it was clearly too loud.
Anyone had some issues?
I'm thinking about giving a ride to some Shure Aonic 50 and have a comparison. Anyone tried both and has something to share?

Thanks again for your feedbacks, very appreciated!

Jan 1, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #113 of 136
How do they compare with the L700? Tank you.
Very different cans. The bass is a little too much on these for most music (unless I’m really in a bass mood then these come out), I mainly use them for TV/Movies now which they work really well for.

Music wise the H95’s surpass them in every way to me. The H95 are my endgame wireless cans, stopped looking once I got them.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2022 at 3:32 PM Post #114 of 136
I took the yh-l700a 10 days ago so I wanted to share my very newbie impressions and some doubts.
The ANC is fine to me, I think external noise is decently attenuated and I could not hear any hiss. This is the first headphones of this level that I own so it's easy to me to say they sound pretty good, I don't have much to compare with except for a pair of Shure 215 earbuds that I also like.
The 3d, while quite gimmick for some, it's very captivating to me and I enjoyed listening some lives on Tidal Hi-Fi.
For the first week it has been quite hard to keep them for more than a couple of hours but now I can keep them for almost a full day-work, except for some rest from time to time.
No one complained about hearing me while everyone did when I was using the wire mic on my shure.
Now some bads. I noticed a very weird "crack" noise coming from the drivers when the battery went below 20% the first time. Weird and harmful to my ears, fortunately it lasted probably 1/4 of a sec or so but I didn't like it.
The app sometimes loses the connection even while in a meeting and connected to the same device with sound and mic working fine.
For some unknown reason, sometimes jumping from a meeting to another using the same app (MS Teams), the volume increased significantly, and at least once making me nervous because it was clearly too loud.
Anyone had some issues?
I'm thinking about giving a ride to some Shure Aonic 50 and have a comparison. Anyone tried both and has something to share?

Thanks again for your feedbacks, very appreciated!
Hi. Were you able to make any comparisons with the Shure Aonic 50? And if you are still using the YHL700A, how is the ANC and mic quality for calls on phone & MS Teams?

I'm also now confused between these two cans.

Feb 8, 2022 at 4:37 PM Post #115 of 136
I decided to keep them and did not try the Shure. I've got used to them, I keep them several hours per day for work (MS Teams) and few hours a week to enjoy some music.
No one ever complained for mic performance except if I was outside and it was windy. In general, the mic can collect some noise when you are outside but I live in a flat in a noisy neighbourhood in Rome and I can pick up calls out in the balcony without much issues reported by listeners. ANC for me is decent but I believe there are better cans out there on this regards.
The mic is definitely a huge improvement compared to the one that come out with my shure 215 which, according to listeners, was a pain.
Bluetooth range is more than expected, I can walk 3 rooms away (concrete walls) and they still keep the signal, even if at lower quality.
All in all I'm satisfied, the only thing I'm missing for work is a mute button that, for some reason beyond my comprehension, is extremely rare on this type of cans.
By the way, from times to times the companion app does not recognise them but apart from early days when I was eager to test and check everything, this turned out not to be a problem at all. You can reach out to all available functions with buttons so now I rarely use that.

Feb 9, 2022 at 9:36 AM Post #116 of 136
For anyone interested, I've found a Korean YouTube review (but with English subs) that offers some tests about ANC and recording quality, plus lots of feature explanations (don't know how biased it could be):

Listening to the recording between 3.00 - 3.20, the sound from the headphones seems muddled with other details not prominent. Is it just because of the recording or the sound of YH-L700A? ANC seems quite decent!

Feb 14, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #117 of 136

@MFHRaptor @hannibal80 @Romani Folks, can you please confirm about the accuracy of the sound of the headphones demoed in this video recording between 3.00 - 3.20, the sound from the headphones in the video seems muddled with other details not so prominent. Is it just because of the recording or is this the sound of YH-L700A?

Feb 14, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #118 of 136
@MFHRaptor @hannibal80 @Romani Folks, can you please confirm about the accuracy of the sound of the headphones demoed in this video recording between 3.00 - 3.20, the sound from the headphones in the video seems muddled with other details not so prominent. Is it just because of the recording or is this the sound of YH-L700A?

You can't hear what a headphone actually sounds like by listening to a recording of it on YouTube.

Feb 14, 2022 at 11:08 PM Post #119 of 136
You can't hear what a headphone actually sounds like by listening to a recording of it on YouTube.
Completely agree! Outside of this thread, there are not many resources available as a reference point. Hence wanted to confirm with the owners if it was even something which sounded like their headphones, was surprised by the side by side comparison of the original audio and the YHL... I'm really interested to buy this piece, totally confused between YHL-700A and Shure Aonic 50...

Feb 14, 2022 at 11:53 PM Post #120 of 136
I'd say it fairly represents the YH-L700A's sound, but I don't know what you mean by "muddled with other details". YH-L700A's sound is clear and infused with richness and warmth.. somewhat bloated, but in a good way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back