New Xin Reference Amp by Dr. Xin !!!
Jun 1, 2007 at 5:14 PM Post #361 of 559
How does this compare to Super macro 3 V6? If i am using ER4 and Shure E5C?

Jun 1, 2007 at 5:18 PM Post #362 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by nakedtoes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It is a totally different animal. Unconstrained and free.

Jun 1, 2007 at 5:19 PM Post #363 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sounds like a BEAST!
eek.gif

Jun 1, 2007 at 5:46 PM Post #364 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by som4ew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Ref.shipped on 22/may/07, is it beta or 1st version?

So how is it that new orders of the Reference are shipping out, while some of us (me) are waiting on old orders of the Micro? Is this just one of the mysteries of the mysterious Xin?

Jun 1, 2007 at 6:08 PM Post #365 of 559
It is some versions of the Reference that is not the final amp. Testing and getting opinions is what it is about so others will benifit in the end.

Jun 1, 2007 at 7:51 PM Post #366 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by nakedtoes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

X2 on what Jamato8 said. BTW, I hope you are aware that you can send your Supermacro III Ver. 6 to get it upgrades to almost the same level as the Supermacro IV. Pretty cool if you ask me, good luck.

Jun 2, 2007 at 1:25 AM Post #368 of 559
I read that the full upgrade to new boards will not be free. I don't know what the cost will be on the Micro but on other amps I saw a cost of 150 for new boards, which isn't bad for what you are getting.

Jun 2, 2007 at 10:50 AM Post #369 of 559
Hi Miguel! I'd like to ask if you can compare the Reference to the Heed Can Amp, or to the Millet Hybrid, while using the AKG K701 or more demaning headphones.

Jun 2, 2007 at 4:45 PM Post #370 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Miguel! I'd like to ask if you can compare the Reference to the Heed Can Amp, or to the Millet Hybrid, while using the AKG K701 or more demaning headphones.

I do not have a Millet Hybrid, if you mean the TTVJ Millet Portable we will compare them later today. As far as the Heed I no longer have it. Sorry.

Jun 2, 2007 at 5:08 PM Post #371 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by ldj325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So how is it that new orders of the Reference are shipping out, while some of us (me) are waiting on old orders of the Micro? Is this just one of the mysteries of the mysterious Xin?

I added Ref to my SuperMacro order(it took me 3 1/2 months to recieve my order).Now I've send my SuperMacro back to upgrade to 30/5 tweak.
frown.gif

Jun 2, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #372 of 559
Quote:

So this is a good thing?
biggrin.gif
I'm just curious because I have a supermini IV on order now and I haven't the heart to change it to a Reference yet. But if the reference would be decent with ER4 and e5c then I will switch, because I'm guessing it would be significantly better than supermini for 250+ ohm headphones.'

Oh, and one other thing. I have read through this whole thread but I can't remember if you guys tested the Reference with any Grado SR- series. How does the reference sound with Grados?

Jun 2, 2007 at 8:45 PM Post #373 of 559
I don't have Grado, just the HD650's and some IEM's. The UM2's sound very, very good with the Ref. and the HD650's are powerful and dynamic. At around 300 hours now the amp is opening up even more. I had some Black Gates in but I took them out as I want to hear it without them and they require at least 400 hours to really settle in and I don't want to wait that long. The amp is very dynamic, transparent and exciting but in my opinion, not really colored in any frequency range and it is neither too warm or anylitical.

The Reference topology is supposed to trickle down to all the other amps so I see no reason the Mini would not be great but the sound signature might be slightly different and I don't see this as a negative as the Mini has always sounded good and the options are mucho fun.

Jun 2, 2007 at 9:01 PM Post #374 of 559
Quote:

I don't have Grado, just the HD650's and some IEM's. The UM2's sound very, very good with the Ref. and the HD650's are powerful and dynamic. At around 300 hours now the amp is opening up even more. I had some Black Gates in but I took them out as I want to hear it without them and they require at least 400 hours to really settle in and I don't want to wait that long. The amp is very dynamic, transparent and exciting but in my opinion, not really colored in any frequency range and it is neither too warm or anylitical.

The Reference topology is supposed to trickle down to all the other amps so I see no reason the Mini would not be great but the sound signature might be slightly different and I don't see this as a negative as the Mini has always sounded good and the options are mucho fun.

OK, thanks for your reply jamato :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back