New Woo Audio Flagship amp !
Jun 8, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #18 of 49
Especially considering two of the highly-anticipated reference-level tube amps, the Liquid Fire and Eddie Current Super 7, are priced at a significantly lower level, and the BHSE, Zana Deux, and Beta22 are all markedly lower.

Is the new Woo amp going to be more of a "statement amp", given the price?  I'm sure it will be an exceptional amp, but at that price point, it seems designed for self-imposed exclusivity.
Quote:
8000 dollars is lot of money

Jun 9, 2011 at 12:34 AM Post #19 of 49
Especially considering two of the highly-anticipated reference-level tube amps, the Liquid Fire and Eddie Current Super 7, are priced at a significantly lower level, and the BHSE, Zana Deux, and Beta22 are all markedly lower.

Is the new Woo amp going to be more of a "statement amp", given the price?  I'm sure it will be an exceptional amp, but at that price point, it seems designed for self-imposed exclusivity.

The new Woo amp should be aimed to be competitor with the TTVJ Apex Pinnacle which is priced at $10,000, clearly not those that you mentioned.
No doubt that would be another masterpiece from the Woo family. Always impressed by the design of all of their amps.

I suspect their new DAC would have tube output stage :cool:

Jun 9, 2011 at 3:27 AM Post #20 of 49

Quote:
I suspect their new DAC would have tube output stage
cool.gif

Yet many would prefer a SS DAC with their Woo tube amps.

Jun 9, 2011 at 7:09 AM Post #22 of 49
Don't forget its an integrated amp, not just headphone amp.

Yes, its way beyond the price range I'd consider, but there are other speaker amps out there with no thought to headphone output at all in the same price range.

There's nothing wrong with Woo making this, I'm sure they know it'll have a very limited custom base - it's a statement product.

Jun 9, 2011 at 10:44 AM Post #25 of 49
     Quote:

There are plenty of other amps as well (Balancing Act, Leben, Apache, Apex P/V, RWA Isabella etc)
At this price he's competing with the Pinnacle. I'm guessing people would buy this to primarily use it as pre-amp/speaker amp rather than a headphone amp.

Jun 9, 2011 at 10:46 AM Post #26 of 49

Quote:
Hooray! The new "mono block" cost $8,000-10,000.
beerchug.gif

That's mean I will not tough or even think about it, what a good news is I'll have a loooooooooooooooooooong relation with my WA5LE.
biggrin.gif

I am with you dannie, I love my WA5LE, the tubes I have in it and the upgrades.
What at one time I thought I had gone overboard on being my WA5LE and the way I have it setup, now seems to be a bargain.

Jun 9, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #30 of 49
When Jack states that this can drive "any headphone" and "innovations never seen in the industry" I wonder if he has some hybrid electrostatic/dynamic design in the works? !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back