New WESTONE W-SERIES
May 8, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #437 of 1,383
I am on the fence.  Earphone solutions has been an impressive vendor to work with and if it were not for them I would cancel.  I have not decided but I guess I have a couple weeks to make up my mind.  It looks like my original guess of June was pretty close after all.

Seriously though, check out the 846 if you have not already.  You might be able to get earphone solutions to let you demo for a week or so during the wait.

May 8, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #438 of 1,383
The problem is that JH is going to OEM for AK and release their universal Roxanne as the new AKR03, which will sure be much more impressive then the W60 and its like $300 more I think.

Update: I just emailed Earphone Solutions to cancelled my pre-order and put the money for the AKR03 instead.

May 9, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #439 of 1,383
Got an update from Earphone Solutions, and the reason for the delay was due to an unspecified language problem on the box for the US market.  Also, they will have the JH Universal Roxanne with the balance cable (same as AKR03) in June.  I am changing my pre-order to the JH.  Sorry guys.

May 10, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #441 of 1,383
my FiiO wire is starting to fall apart. I just got these a little over a month ago. How is FiiO warranty service, it seems like they are based out of China. How would a replacement work?

May 10, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #446 of 1,383
What was it like? Anything you could compare it to? W3 or TF10 perhaps?

I briefly compared it with W3, both using the M-size star tips.

I find the W30 to be a little fuller sounding. Also, the fit/comfort is better due to the new housing.

The rest are mostly the same.

Can't comment on TF10.

May 11, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #448 of 1,383
By fuller I hope you mean fuller mids...if the bass gained any fullness over W3 I think the IEMs might spontaneously combust XD
I briefly compared it with W3, both using the M-size star tips.

I find the W30 to be a little fuller sounding. Also, the fit/comfort is better due to the new housing.

The rest are mostly the same.

Can't comment on TF10.

May 13, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #449 of 1,383
After about three months, the shielding on the braided Epic cable that came with my W40 is starting to come off around the ear area. Westone said that Amazon, the place I purchased them, is not an authorized reseller, and I'm not covered under warranty. Super lame, Westone. :frowning2:

May 13, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #450 of 1,383
Amazon isn't an authorized reseller? Have they gone nuts?

I have been lusting after the W30 but I've heard enough negatives about Westone lately that I'm rethinking my decision...nothing wrong with my TF10...
After about three months, the shielding on the braided Epic cable that came with my W40 is starting to come off around the ear area. Westone said that Amazon, the place I purchased them, is not an authorized reseller, and I'm not covered under warranty. Super lame, Westone. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back