New WESTONE W-SERIES
Apr 24, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #361 of 1,383
When you purchase the Westone 40 series you get a 'Quality Control' snippet in the box? These cracks are really big to go un-noticed before packing. Makes me wonder whether the plastic shell of my 4R will open after a couple of years.
Quote:
  I received my w30 yesterday, everything is okay except I found a crack in both of the iem, I am not sure if it is after I switch the cable.

Apr 25, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #365 of 1,383
i think the cracks will get worse over time, they still need me to take more photos for them to look at before they get me a RA#
You are dealing entirely with your dealer, not Westone?

Apr 25, 2014 at 3:43 AM Post #366 of 1,383
Just to compare for others who may have same problem:

Apr 25, 2014 at 3:47 AM Post #367 of 1,383

Looks worse in a picture!

Apr 25, 2014 at 6:13 AM Post #368 of 1,383
I'm wondering if they are overtightening the faceplate screws at the manufacturing stage.

Apr 25, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #371 of 1,383
  Mine have the same crack as well. 

How long you had yours? I've had them 6 weeks, replaced cable first day and never since. Probably wouldn't have noticed crack if it hadn't been mentioned here, but now I have, best to get it sorted, emailed retailer who wants them returned for repair/replacement. But if new ones can show a crack it's a bit worrying.

Apr 25, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #372 of 1,383
I really wish Westone acknowledge in this and other threads about their quality control, or they just don't really care. They should redesign or improve their manufacturing method, they actually save money in the long run. Made in USA used to be a good thing.

Apr 25, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #373 of 1,383
  I really wish Westone acknowledge in this and other threads about their quality control, or they just don't really care. They should redesign or improve their manufacturing method, they actually save money in the long run. Made in USA used to be a good thing.

None of the ones in the pics are UM series - the ones made in the USA.

Apr 25, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #374 of 1,383
These cracks are a bummer for you guys and Westone too, and is the kind of thing that might take some time to get resolved. Westone's customer service is *excellent* though, so I'm sure they will make this right by everyone.

Apr 25, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #375 of 1,383
  Actually i was trying to deal with the dealer at first..and they agree to exchange for me at first... But then they said that is not a crack... So I am not going to waste more time with them...I just contact Westone this morning and wait for their reply.

What exactly did your dealer say it is then? Very interested what Westone respond with. Three of us now here with same problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back