New Virtual Dynamic Cables
Sep 29, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #16 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
there is nothing wrong with VD cables. i have used some in the past and have liked them. moreover, they are priced in line with other large cable manufacturers.

That may or may not be the case, but their advertising/marketing claims (like so many others in their industry) do not come close, in my opinion, to having the level of substantiation traditionally required by competition authorities, self-regulatory organizations, and/or relevant case law in the vast majority of jurisdictions that pay attention to such things, such as U.S. and Canada.

Sep 29, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #17 of 37
Sep 29, 2009 at 10:03 PM Post #18 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That may or may not be the case, but their advertising/marketing claims (like so many others in their industry) do not come close, in my opinion, to having the level of substantiation traditionally required by competition authorities, self-regulatory organizations, and/or relevant case law in the vast majority of jurisdictions that pay attention to such things, such as U.S. and Canada.

Their way of doing business is extremely unethical and they are just dishonest people. That being said, I find their power cords to be superior to any other cords on the market that I've tried (around 40+). At the time I heard their digital cables and speaker wires, they didn't impress me. Never got a chance to listen to their analog interconnects though.

Sep 29, 2009 at 10:25 PM Post #19 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerrycan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Something, for Patrick?

He'll rewire his tent using these no doubt.
biggrin.gif

Oct 1, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #21 of 37
The Audiogon ad doesn't say what length these are at the $899 price.

The ad copy in that listing is extremely aggressive. It's a "buy now, or suffer the consequences" type A approach.
Very Rick.
I would love to hear a review, not DBT from a Head-Fier with good ears, comparing them against lamp shade cord. You have 45 days, and nobody gets hurt (except for maybe the Home Depot lampshade spool).

Oct 15, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #22 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by xkRoWx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cable isn't shielded with ERS paper, and the magnets and brass clamps are probably too small to Patrick's taste..

I know how much strain a 5-6 lb. and 7-8 lb. VD cable puts on my gear. I couldn't imagine a 30 lb. one like the Judge.

If they eventually can make power cords just as good as the ones they have now (because frankly I think that's all VD is good for) but thinner and more flexible, I can't think of a single person who wouldn't welcome that.

Oct 26, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #23 of 37
not sure why everyone here hates VD cables a lot. I agree that their cable prices are really very expensive(they make a lot of profit from them). However, the sound from their cables are also very good too. I have just bought their Ultraclear RCA cable (new product) and received it today. Out of the box, I love the sound right away. I will burn it in for a few hours with my speakers before comparing it with the Synergistic Acoustic RCA through headphone setup. Their listing price is 899$ for 1 meter but i pay less than that for a 2 meter because i am their VD customers and the cables are still in the introduction process. Of course, if you are a true audiophiler, i think you will care more about the sound than the money.

Oct 26, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #25 of 37
what i mean is that if you think the price is reasonable for you, then buy it. Of course, i am not that kind of stupid enough to believe that their cable price can cost over 4000$(they say retail price is 10000$?????). There are other cable brands also making expensive cables too(Nordost "top of the line now is Odin over 8000$, Synergistic,...).

Oct 26, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #26 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and I think VD cares much more about your money than whatever sound they might make.

How is this any different from any other company in the free market? It's all about [size=large]THE MONEY[/size].

Oct 26, 2009 at 10:39 PM Post #27 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How is this any different from any other company in the free market? It's all about [size=large]THE MONEY[/size].

Yeah, it's too bad some companies act that way. They should take the attitude of the rest of us who work hard for a living who do it because we prefer work as opposed to golfing or lying on the beach. The money means nothing to me, and I'm sure many others feel that way. I think I'm just going to turn down my next paycheck. In fact, we should all do that to show those money grubbers who care about making money from their products how evil they are and how righteous we are.
biggrin.gif

Oct 28, 2009 at 4:08 PM Post #29 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would love to hear a review, not DBT from a Head-Fier with good ears, comparing them against lamp shade cord. You have 45 days, and nobody gets hurt (except for maybe the Home Depot lampshade spool).

I've got a pair of the Ultraclear cables. Please send the lamp shade cord (I'm still trying to figure out why a lamp shade would need a cord, as my experience is that the electricity should normally go to the bulb socket, but what do I know?). I'd buy some myself, but let's face it, that Home Depot stuff ain't cheap in a spool.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 28, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #30 of 37
I volunteer to make you a pair of lamp shade ICs. Just let me know what specs you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back