NEW! Velodyne vTrue Studio Headphones
Sep 20, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #2 of 119
Heavy, Beats-esque, "as the artist intended in the studio" marketing, weird ergonomics - yep they're certainly modern headphones! Probably will cost $299 and sound about as good as every other speaker-company-turned-lifestyle-brand headphone product out there. :frowning2:

But yes, they look cool enough. Should we expect an unboxing video? :p

Sep 23, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #4 of 119
Quote:
Should we expect an unboxing video?
tongue.gif

Well of course we should...  and if we play our cards right, we might just get a review video too!

Quote:
I reached out for a review unit so I hope to bring it to you.

See what I mean? 
biggrin.gif

Sep 25, 2012 at 2:16 AM Post #5 of 119
I wonder who makes them for Velodyne? I kind of feel sorry for the home audio manufacturers - they are all desperately trying to become relevant in a mobile audio world - or to at least grab a few extra percentage points on their revenue. I suspect it's an indication of how little capital it really takes to launch a headphone product. Or am I being too cynical of the plethora of head-fi brands?

Sep 25, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #7 of 119
Quote:
Not at all.

Unfortunately, it is universal law that everything eventually dies or transforms in some way.

As for the new headphone, well, more hipster jewelry.

Very best,

WUT?!?!

That post did not start with a "Heya,"!  You sir must be an impostor!  I demand to know what you have done with the real MalVeauX!

Sep 25, 2012 at 7:42 AM Post #10 of 119
holy toledo those are ugly

Sep 25, 2012 at 7:58 AM Post #11 of 119
Which models in particular are you referring to?

Quote:
I guess I don't get the new Beats look on phones like Dennons new line. Not attractive at all. Hopefully they will sound better then they look.

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:05 AM Post #12 of 119
They somehow made a simple design look incredibly tacky and uncomfortable.  It doesn't look anything like Beats.....it looks like something even worse.  Sorry to be a hater, but I would be embarrassed to wear these in the dark in my basement, let alone on the street.

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #13 of 119
Quote:
I wonder who makes them for Velodyne? I kind of feel sorry for the home audio manufacturers - they are all desperately trying to become relevant in a mobile audio world - or to at least grab a few extra percentage points on their revenue. I suspect it's an indication of how little capital it really takes to launch a headphone product. Or am I being too cynical of the plethora of head-fi brands?

Considering there are about two dozen closed, portable, bass-centric cans coming out this season, you may be right as apparently it is a fast growing, highly profitable and lucrative market.  There are 4 or 5 on my short list.  This will not be one of them.

Sep 25, 2012 at 10:31 AM Post #14 of 119
Quote:
Which models in particular are you referring to?

All of their new line, but particularly the 7100.  Let me see if I can explain it.  Instead of having a headband holding a separate cup with the driver like traditional cans such as D2000, D5000, ultrasone (although many think they are ugly), etc...  These cans are adopting the one piece look with the driver and housing recessed into the headband itself or a flat attachment to the headband that hides the driver housing.  I never found this one piece housing look very attractive, although I would not disagree if one argued that my tastes in design may be dated.

Sep 25, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #15 of 119
Quote:
All of their new line, but particularly the 7100.

Just to add my two cents, I can't stand the look of the D7100.  It looks like I've got a pair of dead Platypus draped over a perfectly good looking pair of cans. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back