New tube amp: the Cayin HA-1A MK2
May 31, 2021 at 12:27 AM Post #736 of 978
So some hum/hiss when nothing is connected to the amp is normal, correct?
yes, happen quite often when there is RF interference in the room

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 31, 2021 at 8:52 AM Post #737 of 978
So some hum/hiss when nothing is connected to the amp is normal, correct?
How is all your gear arranged on your desk/rack? I had a ZDT Jr. before I had the 1Amk2. When I first got it it had some hum and hiss like you describe. It's first position was right next to my external HDD. Moving the ZDT Jr and the HDD about 2 feet away from each other solved the problem. If your 1Amk2 is close to other electronic gear, give it some physical separation and see what happens.

May 31, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #738 of 978
How is all your gear arranged on your desk/rack? I had a ZDT Jr. before I had the 1Amk2. When I first got it it had some hum and hiss like you describe. It's first position was right next to my external HDD. Moving the ZDT Jr and the HDD about 2 feet away from each other solved the problem. If your 1Amk2 is close to other electronic gear, give it some physical separation and see what happens.
Hmm I have my amp positioned on the floor less than a meter away from my PC which is also on the floor

Jun 1, 2021 at 4:53 AM Post #739 of 978
IMG_1480.jpeg

Finally bought both Cayin units :D
Enjoying now! Actually I was a bit shocked how neutral this setup sounds even with vacuum tube mode on DAC.

Jun 1, 2021 at 11:00 PM Post #741 of 978
An ifi iDefender+ seems to have reduced the hiss/hum by quite a bit, but still not silent (this is at the lowest impedance setting)

iFi Defender handles ground loop noise, if this is effective to your system, you probably should look at the ground related issues in your setup. It can be ground loop from your DAC or source, or it can be insufficient ground isolation among your USB devices.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jun 4, 2021 at 8:15 AM Post #743 of 978
Has anyone tried the HA-1A MK2 with all open-back ZMFs? I am looking to build a system around the ZMF open back trinity and considering it as the main amp. The other options I am looking into are the Liquid Platinum, Hagermann Tuba and Feliks Echo MKII. I have posted/will post a similar question in their respective threads, not to hijack this one. Any thoughts/suggestions are most welcome. Cheers!

Jun 4, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #744 of 978
Has anyone tried the HA-1A MK2 with all open-back ZMFs? I am looking to build a system around the ZMF open back trinity and considering it as the main amp. The other options I am looking into are the Liquid Platinum, Hagermann Tuba and Feliks Echo MKII. I have posted/will post a similar question in their respective threads, not to hijack this one. Any thoughts/suggestions are most welcome. Cheers!
I haven't tried any of the open-backs with it, just the Atticus, which I've also listened to on the Echo MK1. I do have an Auteur on the way though

Jun 4, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #746 of 978
How do you like it with the Atticus? And could you please give me a heads up once your Auteur arrives? Thanks
The Atticus slams even harder on the Cayin than the Echo, there seems to be more sub-bass as well. I do have some hiss/hum though which may be caused by the stock tubes, which are apparently not that good. The Echo had a much blacker background

Jun 9, 2021 at 8:04 AM Post #748 of 978
Anyone tried the Bottehead Mainline vs the Cayin ?

Edit : NVM, it's underpowered for my planars I was told.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2021 at 8:45 AM Post #750 of 978
Not with my XCs...planars seem to be quite resistant to the noise floor vs some dynamics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back