New tube amp: the Cayin HA-1A MK2
Apr 2, 2021 at 7:19 AM Post #691 of 970
Ok boys and girls! The Amp has arrived and I will pick it up from FedEx tomorrow.

Any interest for pictures of the unboxing, internals, etc? I am taking your requests.... 😀

Apr 7, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #692 of 970
Hello friends,

I recently got an HD600 for myself. I have a Topping E30+L30 Stack currently(L30 is replaced by Topping so new unit). I heard some people say the HD6x0 series sounds best with Tube Amplifiers. The only decent one available in my country is Cayin HA-1A MK2. Shall I get it or something else around the same budget? Please note I will be using E30 with it too, and I have no other Cans mostly IEMS in my collection.

P.S I don't want to import it from outside as it will attract a lot of customs being too big and heavy.

Thanks

Apr 18, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #693 of 970
Hello friends,

I recently got an HD600 for myself. I have a Topping E30+L30 Stack currently(L30 is replaced by Topping so new unit). I heard some people say the HD6x0 series sounds best with Tube Amplifiers. The only decent one available in my country is Cayin HA-1A MK2. Shall I get it or something else around the same budget? Please note I will be using E30 with it too, and I have no other Cans mostly IEMS in my collection.

P.S I don't want to import it from outside as it will attract a lot of customs being too big and heavy.

Thanks

If you are looking for a all-tube headphone amplifier, then you don't have a lot of selection at sub-$1000 price range. The HA1AMk2 works fine with HD600 and HD650, I have tried that in many occasions.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 20, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #694 of 970
After R2R DAC-rolling, dac setting dialing, tube rolling and 6.3"-out A/B testing on this amp, finally settled on
Psvane EL84-T Mk2 PRE-AMP and Gold Lion AMP tubes....just found the Gold Lions added that dash of 'sweetness/slight warmth' vs ultra-neutral Psvane 12au7 Mk2 (to my ears anyway A/B-ing those 2)

Best dac/amp pinnacle I've heard to date with my planars. :L3000:

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #695 of 970
I plan to order this amplifier for my Audeze LCD-2C. Is there anybody who use such a set? I read that HA-1A MK2 with stock tubes not going well with this headphones. I'd be really appreciate with any advice

Apr 23, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #696 of 970
I plan to order this amplifier for my Audeze LCD-2C. Is there anybody who use such a set? I read that HA-1A MK2 with stock tubes not going well with this headphones. I'd be really appreciate with any advice
It depends on the exact year of your LCD-2, they vary in darkess and also your DAC which one is that ?

From tubes I have experienced, it would be PSvane for the pre-fazor LCD (darker/rolled off treble), and Gold Lion (natural/dash of warmth over neutral tonality) for the newer LCD-2s...generally in brush strokes...it also depends on your target 'temperature' of DAC/amp/LCD-2 and how bright/neutral/dark you want things...

Apr 23, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #698 of 970
If you are looking for a all-tube headphone amplifier, then you don't have a lot of selection at sub-$1000 price range. The HA1AMk2 works fine with HD600 and HD650, I have tried that in many occasions.
Thanks man,

I ordered it it will be delivered in about a week. will update.

Apr 25, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #702 of 970
Got my unit <3 currently in burn-in stage :)

_DSC0582edit.jpg

Apr 26, 2021 at 4:23 AM Post #704 of 970
Is this headphone amp discontinued in US? I checked everywhere, seems like no one is shipping it anymore.
Do you have any Cayin resellers there? Importing it will be a trouble with Custom taxes as it weighs like 11 Kilos otherwise Jaben Singapore has it on sale.

Apr 26, 2021 at 5:25 AM Post #705 of 970
Is this headphone amp discontinued in US? I checked everywhere, seems like no one is shipping it anymore.
Check with MusicTeck, not sure about their next order schedule but they sell HA-1AMK2 actively in past few years.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back