NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM
May 9, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #721 of 1,275
I have some more shots the shells and Uber cable.

Don't want to get much closer, I dropped them earlier on the concrete, really scratched up one side. 
wink_face.gif

May 10, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #722 of 1,275
May 10, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #723 of 1,275
After approximately 200 hours burned-in since I collected the Plus5, the pleasure of listening to them just went up a notch...just eases all those pressures and stress accumulated throughout the day and just get lost in the music...

Am listening to Jheena Lodwick "It's now or never" (DSD)...everything just open up a bit more with the bass wide, controlled and fast. Vocal is so lush and clear that you can feel the singer's emotion (and her breath intake
tongue.gif
) with every verse and when the violin floats in in the middle of the song, my my my...it was a heart-rending and heart warming performance by the violinist to my ears and very well presented by the Plus5. Nothing is ever exaggerated, just the way I like it. The music just fills my head and move out of the way and allows me to enjoy the music and not being distracted by glaring high, recessed mid or weak bass.

Back to enjoying the rest of the album...
ksc75smile.gif

May 10, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #724 of 1,275
Myself am spending more time with Plus5 from Tralucent DacAmp One this evening. 

While I'm still gathering thoughts on the overall tonality I've never heard such dynamics come from a set of balanced armatures before, the penetration of the mid-range is akin to a full-size headphone when at moderately high volumes. When a heavy note hits in the mid-range you literally 'feel' the detail in dynamics which to a point can actually make you 'jump'  if you're not ready for it. Its not something I've encountered from any other IEMs before.

And the bass, how they accomplished so much impact from BA's is beyond me. I don't know what they've done inside Plus5 but its completely unique compared to anything I have heard.

I'm going to get into them balanced from the sources I have here and try and detect any change from the single ended configuration I'm using.

(I have only a 2.5mm balanced Uber 2 cable with an adapter to single end 3.5mm)

May 10, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #726 of 1,275

I'm going to get into them balanced from the sources I have here and try and detect any change from the single ended configuration I'm using.

(I have only a 2.5mm balanced Uber 2 cable with an adapter to single end 3.5mm)

Can someone perhaps provide some info about what type of adapter is good for this? Is this some generic adaptor or is something special needed to make sure SQ does not get degraded (given how expensive the phones, cables, and dacs are it would be a shame to not maximize SQ potential becasue of something like this is suboptimal)?

May 10, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #727 of 1,275

Can someone perhaps provide some info about what type of adapter is good for this? Is this some generic adaptor or is something special needed to make sure SQ does not get degraded (given how expensive the phones, cables, and dacs are it would be a shame to not maximize SQ potential becasue of something like this is suboptimal)?

It is a 2.5trrs to 3.5trs....generally when the cable is wired for the AK players. There's probably a very little degradation in sound as you are adding another connection.

May 11, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #728 of 1,275

I don't think there's any degraded SQ personally, not that I can hear. 

Makes the overall jack a little longer though which you may want to be mindful of.

The beauty is however it gives a huge amount of versatility when switching between several sources.

Real handy thing to have.

May 11, 2016 at 5:15 AM Post #729 of 1,275

I don't think there's any degraded SQ personally, not that I can hear. 

Makes the overall jack a little longer though which you may want to be mindful of.

The beauty is however it gives a huge amount of versatility when switching between several sources.

Real handy thing to have.

Makes sense. Thanks to both you and Gavin for explanations.

May 11, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #730 of 1,275
Yesterday night, I am with 2.2. Tonight, I am P5's...

1 thing I like about P5 is the rendering of live recording music for me...

Tonight hightlight... Antonio Forcione's LIVE! Album. Fantastic :guitar: performance...

May 11, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #731 of 1,275
Yesterday night, I am with 2.2. Tonight, I am P5's...

1 thing I like about P5 is the rendering of live recording music for me...

Tonight hightlight... Antonio Forcione's LIVE! Album. Fantastic :guitar: performance...

I was listening to that album earlier! It's so well recorded. Sounds excellent on both Plus5 and 2.2.

May 13, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #733 of 1,275
Congrats Michael! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back