NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM
May 14, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #736 of 1,275
I am happy I terms of fit with the JVC spiral dots. A bit too much vacuum effect but nice isolation. I will try others if I can this weekend. The best fitting Tralucent iem for ne so far.

Not a fan of the cable with the little circles on the sockets.

Clear improvement in build quality over my former Ref1 Too.

But without circles on the plugs we couldn't have the fuzzy dice emblems. 

You must understand. 

May 14, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #737 of 1,275
This week I'm putting everything else away focusing purely on Plus5. The tonality between the new 1Plus2.2 and Plus5 can be rather conflicting (for me) with 2.2 being on the vibrant thinner side, Plus5 being on the thicker deeper side of the spectrum. My preferences lean for the earlier naturally but I make a big effort to understand different signatures.

May 14, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #738 of 1,275
I think the Plus5 are indeed surprising. They manage to sound full and big, so they are not congested at all. And the fullness does not equate to looseness, everything is well defined. However if you like thinner signature and a lot of vibrancy and treble sparkle like you get on the 1plus2, or Hidition NT6, these are not necessarily for you.

May 15, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #739 of 1,275
I think the Plus5 are indeed surprising. They manage to sound full and big, so they are not congested at all. And the fullness does not equate to looseness, everything is well defined. However if you like thinner signature and a lot of vibrancy and treble sparkle like you get on the 1plus2, or Hidition NT6, these are not necessarily for you.

How are these in comparison to your other 5 BA TOTL, SE5ULT?

May 16, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #742 of 1,275

I do notice that the trio looks quite similar.
For anyone who is interested to know the difference, I have taken the above pic for your viewing pleasure.
The first difference is the faceplate, followed by the tube and lastly, the shell of p5 is the smallest among the trio
From the left -> right: P5, Ref.1 Too, 1p2.2

May 16, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #743 of 1,275
Nice photo and useful to deal with the questions on physical aspects of the 3 Tralucents. Thanks, Sabre2! :thumbsup:

May 16, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #744 of 1,275
Nice photo and useful to deal with the questions on physical aspects of the 3 Tralucents. Thanks, Sabre2! :thumbsup:

Hopefully, the Mrs don't get to see it 
wink.gif

May 16, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #745 of 1,275
May 16, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #746 of 1,275
May 18, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #747 of 1,275

I do notice that the trio looks quite similar.
For anyone who is interested to know the difference, I have taken the above pic for your viewing pleasure.
The first difference is the faceplate, followed by the tube and lastly, the shell of p5 is the smallest among the trio
From the left -> right: P5, Ref.1 Too, 1p2.2

Come on, tell us the truth Sabre, which one are you using the most?

I'm having a hard to time deciding between 2.2 and Plus5 recently. Plus5 takes a little adjusting between their tonality, though once you get in the zone they begin to become quite enticing with their amphsoemere and presentation. I still find them quite thick at times though with a strong bass presence. 

Be interested to hear which you lean for the most! 
smile.gif

May 18, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #748 of 1,275

Come on, tell us the truth Sabre, which one are you using the most?

I'm having a hard to time deciding between 2.2 and Plus5 recently. Plus5 takes a little adjusting between their tonality, though once you get in the zone they begin to become quite enticing with their amphsoemere and presentation. I still find them quite thick at times though with a strong bass presence. 

Be interested to hear which you lean for the most! 
smile.gif

Hiya H20, been hiding in my cave these days and rotating around these phones.
What I like about P5 is it gives me a feeling of grand and surrounded by the music, smooth and non-fatigue.
Whereas, for the 2.2, its give me a feeling of excitement, perhaps due it being precise.

Nevertheless, I would say I have enjoyed both very much, and the selection of which phone to use would very much depend on my mood and the songs being played.
Tough time for me as well 
smile.gif

May 18, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #750 of 1,275
hehe, agree @flymetothemoon
. if she knows that Kiat hide the actual price on his very 1st post of this thread, I'll probably need more bags to appease her :wink_face:

If that happens, please feel free to tell her that Kiats is actually an Englishman who lives somewhere out there in the Welsh Marches and is excruciatingly difficult and absolutely futile to try to track down. :speak_no_evil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back