NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM
Mar 5, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #151 of 1,275

As promised, I'm passing on the pricing information of the Plus5 and the other Tralucent IEMs.

Gavin has decided and has set the following prices for the Tralucent IEMs:

1Plus2.1 @ US$1580 (stock cable) / US$2780 (with Uber Too cable)
Ref1 Too @ US$1680 / US$2880
Plus5 @  US$1880 / US$3080

I understand that the IEMs will now come with the same stock cable. BTW, the Uber Too cable (now with rhodium plated connector pins) is US$1880 if purchased separately.

Incidentally, the 1Plus2.1 is a revision of the original 1Plus2.

I am waiting for the pictures of the production units of the​ Tralucent Plus5.
atsmile.gif

I remembered when evaluating my 1st Tralucent (the 1Plus2) and comparing other IEMs at even higher price range...long story cut short...Tralucent out performed "most" (can't say "all" as I did not audition every single IEM) that I've come across.  

I think to get the uber is one of the key to get the most out of any Tralucent IEMs and I'd suggest anyone who'd take the plunge needs to make this deeper cut in the very first move.

Mar 5, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #152 of 1,275
I remembered when evaluating my 1st Tralucent (the 1Plus2) and comparing other IEMs at even higher price range...long story cut short...Tralucent out performed "most" (can't say "all" as I did not audition every single IEM) that I've come across.  

I think to get the uber is one of the key to get the most out of any Tralucent IEMs and I'd suggest anyone who'd take the plunge needs to make this deeper cut in the very first move.

Agree with you on the Uber Too, Flymetothemoon. I think Gavin tuned the Ref1 Too and now the Plus5 with the Uber Too. In any event, getting Uber Too with the Plus5 now rather than separately later would mean savings of around $700, if my maths is correct... :)

Mar 5, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #153 of 1,275
Significant savings. Always wanted to hear any Uber cable. Not that I'm unhappy with my Whiplash mod setup, but still extremely curious about Uber as I know synergy would be ideal. With my active lifestyle, Uber doesn't exactly fit, but I am able to enjoy music at my desk again, after I left my previous business where I didn't have those same liberties.

Mar 5, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #154 of 1,275
Significant savings. Always wanted to hear any Uber cable. Not that I'm unhappy with my Whiplash mod setup, but still extremely curious about Uber as I know synergy would be ideal. With my active lifestyle, Uber doesn't exactly fit, but I am able to enjoy music at my desk again, after I left my previous business where I didn't have those same liberties.

No sure about the flexibility of the uber Too but my original uber cannot be used while on-the-go.  I spent 100% of uber usage at home or office.

Mar 5, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #155 of 1,275

The Uber too is quite a bit more flexible than the original one... I actually go to the gym with the ref1 too and the uber too. So far I've had no problems with my workouts or the iems.

Mar 5, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #156 of 1,275
No sure about the flexibility of the uber Too but my original uber cannot be used while on-the-go.  I spent 100% of uber usage at home or office.

That was my understanding... Which was the primary reason I purchased my Whiplash setup (which I absolutely love).

The Uber too is quite a bit more flexible than the original one... I actually go to the gym with the ref1 too and the uber too. So far I've had no problems with my workouts or the iems.

Awesome news, thank you!! I loved lifting when I used my Ref 1, great experience.

Mar 5, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #157 of 1,275

Actually, I've never had any issue with the Uber Too with on the go usage. It's a fair bit more robust and flexible than the original Uber cable, which I have as well. & lets say that I don't face the same struggles as I do with the Linum cable of my ACS Encore... :wink:

Mar 5, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #159 of 1,275
I don't care for the thinner cables. I purposely purchased the 8 strand because of looks and I like the cable to have a little more heft to it.

Indeed! Sadly, the options with the Encore are more limited.

Mar 5, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #161 of 1,275
You too? I thought I was the only one. Every other person I've spoken to, or most everyone says the opposite. Finally, I'm not alone!! You must be my brother from another mother!! :wink:

Hahah! Indeed! :yum:

Mar 6, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #164 of 1,275
When you consider KSE1500 is US$ 3000 this is priced correctly if will sound better !

Really? When you consider the KSE1500s price includes an electrostatic IEM, cables, an amplifier and a DAC and all of the R&D of 40 people behind it. While the Plus5 uses 5 off the shelf balanced armatures, a solid core cable and a designer who considers this a "hobby" the comparison is foolish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back