NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM
Mar 17, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #318 of 1,275
I have been very fortunate to have met up with Gavin today and tried out the Plus5. The source used was Gavin's AK380cu+cu amp and my own AK380cu. I personally found these to be the best sounding iems I have heard so far even when compared to the Laylas which I also auditioned at the same time. The bass of the Plus5 definitely had more impact and I never imagined that ba's were capable of reproducing this type of deep, powerful bass that I had only heard on iems which had dynamic drivers like the Ref1 or the 1plus2. Another thing about the Plus5 was that they sounded cleaner, more revealing and had better separation between the instruments and vocals. Yet everything sounded very cohesive...very real. Being a metalhead and a guitar player myself, the majority of music I listen to is guitar based. Therefore being able to hear the nuances of the guitar being played in its various stages of distortion sounding so lifelike was a definite plus for me.
I guess the only negative that I can think of right now is that my wallet hates me even more now...
ksc75smile.gif

Mar 17, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #319 of 1,275
I have been very fortunate to have met up with Gavin today and tried out the Plus5. The source used was Gavin's AK380cu+cu amp and my own AK380cu. I personally found these to be the best sounding iems I have heard so far even when compared to the Laylas which I also auditioned at the same time. The bass of the Plus5 definitely had more impact and I never imagined that ba's were capable of reproducing this type of deep, powerful bass that I had only heard on iems which had dynamic drivers like the Ref1 or the 1plus2. Another thing about the Plus5 was that they sounded cleaner, more revealing and had better separation between the instruments and vocals. Yet everything sounded very cohesive...very real. Being a metalhead and a guitar player myself, the majority of music I listen to is guitar based. Therefore being able to hear the nuances of the guitar being played in its various stages of distortion sounding so lifelike was a definite plus for me.
I guess the only negative that I can think of right now is that my wallet hates me even more now... :ksc75smile:     

Heheh! Welcome to the club of tormented wallets... :speak_no_evil:

Mar 27, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #321 of 1,275
As a matter of update, I understand that the new stock cable will be made out of 7n occ copper. This will be interesting as I beleive this will be first time that Tralucent will have a copper cable. Gavin's very pleased with it. And I am, of course, dying to hear it for myself. :yum: Warrior1975, you are not alone in patiently, or impatiently as the case may be, waiting for goodies from Gavin. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Mar 27, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #323 of 1,275
Sorry bro, I guess we suffer together... But my wait is shorter, but you already have the Ref 1 Too... So you are better off... For now. :smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

Haha! Indeed! The wait will be worth it, I am quite sure. :)

Mar 28, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #325 of 1,275
Mar 28, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #327 of 1,275
Mar 28, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #328 of 1,275
The flagship Plus5 can be order it from anywhere else,or only from Gavin?
Seen Ref1 being available on a website.

Best to send PM to Spkrs01

Mar 28, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #329 of 1,275
The flagship Plus5 can be order it from anywhere else,or only from Gavin?
Seen Ref1 being available on a website.

Best to send PM to Spkrs01

Thank you Kiats, maybe Plus5 is the best earphone to match Tera's output impedance without any bass rolloff.
Waiting for more people with a Tera Player to tell me what they think :)

Mar 28, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #330 of 1,275
Thank you Kiats, maybe Plus5 is the best earphone to match Tera's output impedance without any bass rolloff.
Waiting for more people with a Tera Player to tell me what they think :)

No worries. Well, I hope to get mine soon. Will offer thoughts to be aggregated with other views. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back