New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
May 17, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #8,162 of 9,409
Directly from the SP1000 (both internal memory and SD card) - issue occurs in either case
When I first got my SPKM, I had a similar problem with certain tracks. Those tracks wouldn't play, often the whole album would stop. In my case, it turns out that some of the files I ripped had *very* minor errors. The tracks would play fine on any other device, but not on the SPKM. Once I re-ripped them, everything has been hunky-dory.

May 17, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #8,163 of 9,409
I can't connect to wifi at all. Message says check my connection - my connection is fine on all other devices I use. Will doing a settings reset erase my playlists? Thanks.

Hi there, I am having the very same issue with my brand new SP1000 running the last firmware. Have you solved this issue eventually?
Also, what would be the best way to get in touch with their support? I tried via the Q&A section of the astellnkern.com but they haven't been back in touch.

Cheers

May 17, 2020 at 10:37 PM Post #8,164 of 9,409
Contact Jason here. He's back a page or two, I think. Scroll back until you find him.

You can do a user reset and if you don't check the erase playlist box, your playlists stay. If you do a system reset, you are back to a clean start.

If you have more than one wifi login, try a different one. I have one for a slower router speed (2.4gh) and one for a faster router speed (5gh). Same password, they both have the same name with the exception that one has the word "faster" after it. It won't accept the one that is faster.

May 17, 2020 at 10:48 PM Post #8,165 of 9,409
Contact Jason here. He's back a page or two, I think. Scroll back until you find him.

You can do a user reset and if you don't check the erase playlist box, your playlists stay. If you do a system reset, you are back to a clean start.

If you have more than one wifi login, try a different one. I have one for a slower router speed (2.4gh) and one for a faster router speed (5gh). Same password, they both have the same name with the exception that one has the word "faster" after it. It won't accept the one that is faster.

I have done a "settings reset" but hasn't solved the issue. I could do a factory data reset (I only got this 1 week ago, not much work will be lost) but I am afraid it won't solve the issue. What's weird is that it didn't seem to be having this issue on day 1 when I was still on firmware 1.0something.

I don't have the possibility to select different Hz but with other wifis it works perfectly - I tried with my iPhone hotspotting, no issues (I just don't have too much data to use).

Also, what's weird is the issue itself. It says either "password don't match" (most of the times) or it reboots.

Anyway thanks for your help, I'll try to contact Jason then!

May 18, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #8,167 of 9,409
Hi @JasonNYC,

can I request for 3 software improvements?

1st: that A&K give us the chance to decide in which way the albums below the artist been sorted (by alphabet or by year)
2nd: when I delete an artist or an album directory structure remain in the player. Is it possible change the software in this way that the artist or/and albums will delete too?
3rd: I like to see the possibility to lock the buttons (stop/etc.) when the screen is off.

If the dev department have the chance to improve this points, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for your kind attention

Markus

May 18, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #8,168 of 9,409
When you delete an artist or album the directory structure remains? How are you deleting? Because when I delete, it all goes away. Also, you can always delete using whatever app you use to transfer music to the device, whether Android File Transfer or Commander One or whatever.

I don't use it, but my understanding is that the buttons can be locked.

As to sorting, are you saying when you go to Artist and then see the albums of that artist, they are in alpha? So, The Beatles>Revolver, Rubber Soul, Sgt. Pepper, and so on? You should be able to change that yourself with a tag editor by putting the date in front of the title. I wouldn't hold my breath for AK to make a change like that.

May 18, 2020 at 4:00 PM Post #8,169 of 9,409
Hi @JasonNYC,

can I request for 3 software improvements?

1st: that A&K give us the chance to decide in which way the albums below the artist been sorted (by alphabet or by year)
If the dev department have the chance to improve this points, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for your kind attention

Markus
[QUOTE="olddude, post: 15622494, member: 357486" As to sorting, are you saying when you go to Artist and then see the albums of that artist, they are in alpha? So, The Beatles>Revolver, Rubber Soul, Sgt. Pepper, and so on? You should be able to change that yourself with a tag editor by putting the date in front of the title. I wouldn't hold my breath for AK to make a change like that.

[/QUOTE]
I posted on here a couple times recently about this. I previously have owned three A&K players (AK240, AK300 & AK70MKII). I exclusively have a 2+TB portable hard-drive-stored AppleMusic/iTunes collection of CD’s encoded in ALAC with all album artwork and tags meticulously maintained. My three previous AK players all sorted albums by release date, and I loved the players and their software for that! No need for some outside tag editor or anything as I imported these recordings over to the AK players using Android File Transfer. The whole set-up was something that worked and made sense to me. Just bought a brand-new KANN CUBE and the new software sorts the albums alphabetically and can’t be changed (I was told this via AK customer service e-mail). I’ve been going in and changing the album titles in my library to a suffix of [Year Of Release] “Album Title”. A little (honestly, a lot of) extra work, but it’s been putting me back in touch with some of my forgotten tunes and making me be a little more selective of what artists/albums I’m putting on the KC.

May 18, 2020 at 4:57 PM Post #8,170 of 9,409
To work around this, shoose folder mode. All media servers react there owne way on the same data-base. Everytime my data is indexed by a different engine, there appears inaccuracies that weren’t shown before.
In folder mode just the tree is displayed, in the order you put it there.
Then it depends on if you had made the wright choice in structure in the first place as you started your data-base.
When your chose wrong, start at A and work your way throu til your reach Z
Sorry....

May 18, 2020 at 6:10 PM Post #8,171 of 9,409
Most IP's allow for several addresses. Make a new one if that is the case and see if it works. Then just use that one for the SP.
That's a smart idea! It is not obvious how to do that from the admin portal but I'll get in touch with my internet provider.

When you delete an artist or album the directory structure remains? How are you deleting? Because when I delete, it all goes away. Also, you can always delete using whatever app you use to transfer music to the device, whether Android File Transfer or Commander One or whatever.
I need a way to edit the metadata of the files in my SP. So far the only way I can see to do that with Android File Transfer is to move these files to the computer, edit the metadata there (I use Meta), and move them back. That's because Android File Transfer doesn't allow to "open with" your files. Quite a hassle! I just tried Commander One and it actually has the "open with" option. I tried to directly open the files in my SP with Meta using Commander One and it all looked ok except that Commander One is not happy. It appears a (refresh-like) icon next to the name of the file I modified and after a while it turns into a warning-like icon and nothing has changed.

How do you guys change your SP files metadata?

May 18, 2020 at 7:25 PM Post #8,173 of 9,409
You change the metadata on the computer. I would NOT try to change anything while in the device.

Commander One version 2 is, to my mind, crap when it comes to moving files. My Mac was dying so I bought a new one just before all the virus stuff happened (great timing) and my version One would not port over. So I installed Two and really can't recommend it. Transferring files is really hit and miss, with the transfer often crapping out in the middle. Then I have to unplug and replug after restarting the app and erase the aborted files and try again. I'm using AFT much more at this point. I did contact Support and they admitted it didn't like transferring FLAC. Worthless support, in my eyes.

May 18, 2020 at 7:30 PM Post #8,174 of 9,409
May 18, 2020 at 7:58 PM Post #8,175 of 9,409

Users who are viewing this thread

Back