New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
May 15, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #8,146 of 9,433
By the way guys, what album art size do you usually tag into your music on the SP1000? Is there any advantage of resizing everything to match the native resolution of the SP1000? Would it help load the art faster in albums view?
In most of my music the imbedded album art is 500x500 size and between 72 and 300 dpi. Works fine on playing music on the player memory as well as from mediaservers.

May 15, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #8,147 of 9,433
In most of my music the imbedded album art is 500x500 size and between 72 and 300 dpi. Works fine on playing music on the player memory as well as from mediaservers.

Thanks! Good to know because I had a SP1000m before and it loaded my micro SD card music too slow after boot up and I think it was partially because I had files that were tagged with very high resolution album art.

May 16, 2020 at 7:45 PM Post #8,148 of 9,433
So I just bought a new 1tb micro SD card and I'm wondering if I should format the micro SD on the device first or through windows? I heard that formatting it straight from the player first will allow the device to scan the media in the card faster after booting up.

May 17, 2020 at 4:33 AM Post #8,149 of 9,433
So I just bought a new 1tb micro SD card and I'm wondering if I should format the micro SD on the device first or through windows? I heard that formatting it straight from the player first will allow the device to scan the media in the card faster after booting up.
FAT32 format by the player it self, (nothing to choose there) Windows wil format in exFat on microSD that big. It could work but for the SP1000 (but I am not shure of that, I think the 1tb card is factory formatted that way) FAT32 is reccomended. Cluster size has influense as well, but I can't advise you on that matter. SP1000 format will choose for you automaticly.

May 17, 2020 at 4:41 AM Post #8,150 of 9,433
Today I saw Tidal v2.24.0 apk on apkpure to download for whom not like to use the Rush Wars installer. Nice stable version by the way

May 17, 2020 at 5:00 AM Post #8,151 of 9,433
I’m a newbie on here, so please go easy on me 🙂 I’m using my SP1000 connected wirelessly to a MuSo 2 speaker set-up using AK Connect and the sound is amazing 👍 I am playing flac files (both 16-bit and 24-bit) loaded to the device, but I’m having horrendous problems whereby tracks are being “skipped” when playing albums - in each case, a message appears on the screen reading “Transition not possible” and the “skipping” usually misses out 2, 3 and sometimes 4 tracks. If I simply play albums/tracks on the device itself (ie. via headphone) the problem goes away and all is perfect - I have also tried the same set-up with an SR15 and I get the exact same issue.......... Does anybody on here have any similar experience - can anybody help/advise me?

May 17, 2020 at 5:43 AM Post #8,152 of 9,433
I’m a newbie on here, so please go easy on me 🙂 I’m using my SP1000 connected wirelessly to a MuSo 2 speaker set-up using AK Connect and the sound is amazing 👍 I am playing flac files (both 16-bit and 24-bit) loaded to the device, but I’m having horrendous problems whereby tracks are being “skipped” when playing albums - in each case, a message appears on the screen reading “Transition not possible” and the “skipping” usually misses out 2, 3 and sometimes 4 tracks. If I simply play albums/tracks on the device itself (ie. via headphone) the problem goes away and all is perfect - I have also tried the same set-up with an SR15 and I get the exact same issue.......... Does anybody on here have any similar experience - can anybody help/advise me?
Do you have the same issue with your phone?

May 17, 2020 at 6:17 AM Post #8,154 of 9,433
I get this on mine. I noticed when my SP1000 was in a cold room from the winter months it would do this. If kept in a warm room it was fine. I never noticed this on my AK240.
Ok that's really good to know that I'm not the only one, and it was particularly cold that morning. Did you find any issues with the player after the fact?

Thanks for putting me at ease!

May 17, 2020 at 6:39 AM Post #8,155 of 9,433
I’ll give it a try with SP1000 and Muso 1st gen. I had some difficultys playing from media-server on Muso, connected by WIFI. Wired and later changed WIFI modem.

May 17, 2020 at 6:47 AM Post #8,157 of 9,433
No - phone to MuSo works perfectly - no issues
Maybe try to put your SP1000 on fixed ip adres by mac to ip binding in your router.

May 17, 2020 at 7:05 AM Post #8,158 of 9,433
Maybe try to put your SP1000 on fixed ip adres by mac to ip binding in your router.
Just to clarify, the SP1000 (and the SR15) play tracks perfectly (and fully) but then don’t play the “next” track on the album or playlist - they “miss out” either one, two, three, sometimes four, subsequent tracks and seem to play whatever subsequent track they “find”, displaying the message “Transition not available” in the process

May 17, 2020 at 7:48 AM Post #8,159 of 9,433
I’ll give it a try with SP1000 and Muso 1st gen. I had some difficultys playing from media-server on Muso, connected by WIFI. Wired and later changed WIFI modem.
Just played full album 24-88 on repeat all. No problems continues playing track 1 again continuesly without any hick ups or errors. Players in open service can’t reach the Muso thou

Last edited:
May 17, 2020 at 7:53 AM Post #8,160 of 9,433
Just to clarify, the SP1000 (and the SR15) play tracks perfectly (and fully) but then don’t play the “next” track on the album or playlist - they “miss out” either one, two, three, sometimes four, subsequent tracks and seem to play whatever subsequent track they “find”, displaying the message “Transition not available” in the process
This look like miss hits in wifi connection. Do you play music from SP1000 s memory? Or from your network by media server?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back