New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
May 8, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #6,181 of 9,409
I'm considering order the amp Cooper to paire with my sp1000 ss! it will be coper + SS
How do you think it will sound ?
Awesome...:L3000:

May 8, 2019 at 11:08 PM Post #6,182 of 9,409
I actually wonder the same thing. What would a copper amp do to the SS sound? Might be a way to warm up the SS a bit for those tracks that need it. Cheaper than buying a CU.

May 8, 2019 at 11:10 PM Post #6,183 of 9,409
I actually wonder the same thing. What would a copper amp do to the SS sound? Might be a way to warm up the SS a bit for those tracks that need it. Cheaper than buying a CU.
Yeah, screw it: i'm all in on the SP2000 Copper; just gonna go for it...

May 8, 2019 at 11:17 PM Post #6,184 of 9,409

I do not think there will be a sound difference in the amps. Look at the back of the amps and they are all the same black coloured casing unlike the amp that was done for the AK300 series.

May 9, 2019 at 12:34 AM Post #6,185 of 9,409
I do not think there will be a sound difference in the amps. Look at the back of the amps and they are all the same black coloured casing unlike the amp that was done for the AK300 series.
Same goes to me, i am quite skeptical on the amplification necessity for iems which technically would not benefit much.

Of course if money and portability not a concern, who would mind some “add-ons” to the already great sounding sp1000.

May 9, 2019 at 1:01 AM Post #6,186 of 9,409
Same goes to me, i am quite skeptical on the amplification necessity for iems which technically would not benefit much.

Of course if money and portability not a concern, who would mind some “add-ons” to the already great sounding sp1000.

Most iems will not need but the recent batch of those having the piezoelectric drivers eg Noble Audio Khan, VE Elysium, Jomo Audio Trinity will benefit from the added amp power.

May 9, 2019 at 1:14 AM Post #6,187 of 9,409
Most iems will not need but the recent batch of those having the piezoelectric drivers eg Noble Audio Khan, VE Elysium, Jomo Audio Trinity will benefit from the added amp power.

As will all of us who are driving full size cans from the sp1000. I am sure it will make driving my diana phi, LCD x, and clears easier. I am interested in how it will do with the Khan as well. This is making it easier for me to not need to buy a desktop amp and dac setup.

I liked the sp1000 more than the hugo2 with my 2 channel as well. That is if I was not using the mscaler.

Last edited:
May 9, 2019 at 4:18 AM Post #6,190 of 9,409

I use a copper IEM cable with my SP1000 SS for exactly that reason.

May 9, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #6,193 of 9,409
My music collection is worth over 1/4 Million $, if you base it on the average CD price of $12.99. For that I am more than willing to be consigned to eternal damnation for not giving millionaire musicians their royalty checks.
So basically, you're saying you only listen to music made by millionaires? Because there's a LOT of great music made by artists who aren't millionaires... or barely "thousand-aires"... or even barely scraping by. I'm sure they could stand you paying for their recorded art. As would the engineers, producers, and musicians who help them create recorded music.

May 9, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #6,194 of 9,409
So basically, you're saying you only listen to music made by millionaires? Because there's a LOT of great music made by artists who aren't millionaires... or barely "thousand-aires"... or even barely scraping by. I'm sure they could stand you paying for their recorded art. As would the engineers, producers, and musicians who help them create recorded music.
Bro, give it a rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back