New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
Dec 21, 2018 at 10:20 PM Post #4,846 of 9,433
I have another question. If I update the firmware to allow for loading of APKs and for some reason I’ve told myself the SPK sounds different, is there a way to downgrade the firmware?

I know it’s a silly question but I’ve experienced updating firmware on other brand player’s and had noticed a significant difference in the sound quality. So I’m just a little suspious. Haha

Not possible to revert to old firmware.

Dec 22, 2018 at 4:14 AM Post #4,849 of 9,433
Well I bit the bullet and picked up a SPKM after auditioning it extensively this afternoon. Using my UERR I compared the SPKM to the SR15 and the SE100. I didn't audition the SPK because it was out of my price range and didn't want to face any possibility of going over budget. The short review is that I found a big difference between the SPKM and the SR15. The SR15 had a softer less extended bass and the top-end was clearly more crunchy / harsh. The SE100 was much closer to the SQ of the SPKM. Good base extension and definition. The high-end is extended and crisp but not "harsh." However, after careful listening, the SPKM is just a touch more refined and defined in SQ. It is a little warmer in the middle and a very touch smoother up top. The bass is extended like the SE100, but there is a little more definition in the tone.

This is my first AK dap. Loving it so far.

IMG_5072.jpg

Dec 22, 2018 at 9:50 PM Post #4,854 of 9,433
Okay, I know I’ve been asking a lot of questions here and I appreciate everyone’s help.

I’m on FW 1.16CM. I’ve placed APKs in the OpenService folder but I don’t see them in the Services list.

What am I doing wrong? I feel I’ve followed the directions on AKs website to no avail. I downloaded QQ music from QQ.com yet it’s not populating in my list of services.

Dec 22, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #4,855 of 9,433
Okay, I know I’ve been asking a lot of questions here and I appreciate everyone’s help.

I’m on FW 1.16CM. I’ve placed APKs in the OpenService folder but I don’t see them in the Services list.

What am I doing wrong? I feel I’ve followed the directions on AKs website to no avail. I downloaded QQ music from QQ.com yet it’s not populating in my list of services.
Since QQ Music is a Chinese Music streaming service only available in China, it can only be installed on AK players running the Chinese "CN" firmware. It will not install on players running "CM" firmware.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Dec 23, 2018 at 4:51 AM Post #4,857 of 9,433
Hi Jason,
I am facing an issue with my SP1000M since this morning. The screen is not reactive. I was just listening to music and browsing music when the screen suddenly was stuck. Even if i want to switch off, the switch off screen pops up but I push Ok or cancel and nothing happens. The only thing I can do now is waiting battery drains which will take a lot of time because the DAP is not playing music. What should I do?
Thanks for your help

Dec 23, 2018 at 5:01 AM Post #4,858 of 9,433
Hi Jason,
I am facing an issue with my SP1000M since this morning. The screen is not reactive. I was just listening to music and browsing music when the screen suddenly was stuck. Even if i want to switch off, the switch off screen pops up but I push Ok or cancel and nothing happens. The only thing I can do now is waiting battery drains which will take a lot of time because the DAP is not playing music. What should I do?
Thanks for your help
Did you try long press and hold power button?

Dec 23, 2018 at 5:54 AM Post #4,859 of 9,433
Did you try long press and hold power button?
Yes, when i do that the small power screen pops up. I press ok or cancel but the screen does not react. This is the first time it happens. I cannot do anything untill battery drains. That’s going to take a lot of time before I can use the DAP

Dec 23, 2018 at 6:06 AM Post #4,860 of 9,433
Yes, when i do that the small power screen pops up. I press ok or cancel but the screen does not react. This is the first time it happens. I cannot do anything untill battery drains. That’s going to take a lot of time before I can use the DAP

I think he means hold the power button until the screen goes off... in other words longer than what you've tried, like 30 seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back