New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
Nov 26, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #4,531 of 9,411
That's detail dwg. Thanks.
But I focus on real effective can archive.
I found ground is nothing need if drives are battery operating mode.
Set dap vol =0 and amp vol =max(to gain any noise of transmition to max level) to confirm is best way.
Also touch to metal body during test (to gain more noise cause by groundless problem)
I have a/bed with unbalanced/balanced connections. I believe there is a difference.YMMV. (Astell & Kern used to have a 2.5mm + 3.5mm cable to XLR(L & R)(800-900usd) ...based on same concept)
Btw all the users of masskobo 404/424 use grounding connection. It is being stressed upon by the Mass kobo's designer/engineer Masuda San.

Nov 26, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #4,532 of 9,411
Not sure if this has been mentioned before... I just noticed that playing Tidal from the AK Connect app that if it is an MQA album it gets the full decode along with indication and blue or green dot. This bodes well for the Roon integration. Well done!!!!! Now if the AK Connect app would show the M for master it would be an easier search.

Nov 27, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #4,533 of 9,411
Has anyone had a chance to compare the SP1000M to Hugo 2 with an SR15 or similar transport in terms of sound quality?

The convenience of the SP1000M as a single package seems hard to beat but I want to avoid the desire to upgrade, at least for a little while.

Nov 27, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #4,534 of 9,411
Has anyone had a chance to compare the SP1000M to Hugo 2 with an SR15 or similar transport in terms of sound quality?

The convenience of the SP1000M as a single package seems hard to beat but I want to avoid the desire to upgrade, at least for a little while.
Not sure if it’s the same but I’m using my SP1000 atm as a DAC from my iMac and I have to say the SQ is very good. This is also after sold my Dave so it has a pretty tough act to follow.

Nov 27, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #4,535 of 9,411
Not sure if it’s the same but I’m using my SP1000 atm as a DAC from my iMac and I have to say the SQ is very good. This is also after sold my Dave so it has a pretty tough act to follow.
That’s reasuring. I was planing on doing the same - selling off my office rig and replacing it with a single device like the SP1000M. The least efficient can I use there is the Aeon Flow Closed so it should be ok, I hope.

Nov 27, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #4,536 of 9,411
That’s reasuring. I was planing on doing the same - selling off my office rig and replacing it with a single device like the SP1000M. The least efficient can I use there is the Aeon Flow Closed so it should be ok, I hope.
I’m using the Audeze 4Z and Oppo PM1. It also drove the T1’s 2nd Gen just fine although I have just sold those. Too many headphones lol

Nov 27, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #4,537 of 9,411

SP1000 makes beautiful music with my Utopia’s. When Roon comes it could be end game for portable device. i.e. no elastics holding it to Hugo2

Nov 27, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #4,539 of 9,411
Can anyone explain why is everyone so obsessed with Roon? What does Roon offer that Tidal doesn't?

Curates your library files as well as integrates Tidal as one library with awesome search and discovery modes. Sound quality is top notch as well. They have a try before buy.

Nov 27, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #4,541 of 9,411
The SP1000 doesn’t support MQA from Tidal yet right? Or am I wrong? If so debating picking up a month to “trial” it.
Embedded app does. Android app installed via APK does not. Will not be available on the Android APK app until early 2019 when the Android LG exclusive expires.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Nov 27, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #4,543 of 9,411
Just ordered the ALO continental c5v. Couldn't pass it up at 50% off. Will be here later this week. Does anyone have any experience with it and the sp1000? Hoping it is a great pairing.

Nov 28, 2018 at 1:33 AM Post #4,545 of 9,411
Can anyone explain why is everyone so obsessed with Roon? What does Roon offer that Tidal doesn't?

• It merges my offline library with Tidal.
  • It gives me new ways to explore my library - search by producer, song writer or read reviews and biographies and follow links.
  • Per device DSP engine - I can run Audeze Reveal, EQ, Crossfeed or any number of other DSPs on the server rather than the device.
  • A great remote control, I can use my phone to control my computer so I can kick back in a chair (less important for the AK portable players, but it would still mean less faffing about with wires if the AK is plugged into an amp.
  • Multi-room - like Sonos but running with whatever gear I want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back