New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
Nov 28, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #4,562 of 9,406
BROTECT on amazon was significantly better than the OEM ones, but it's still not as good as those glass ones that are sold for an iphone.
BRotect stuck better, less air bubbles, but I did have an issue on the bottom corner where I have to keep pushing it back down.
Brotect had better response and didn't mess up the screen's sensitivity. The OEM ones made the screen response clumsy.
I wish someone made true glass screen protectors, but compared to OEM brotect was very good.
Also brotect markets itself as a flexible glass... it still feels like a plastic, just a higher grade of plastic than I'm used to and not nearly as good as glass screen protectors used on iphone.

Nov 28, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #4,563 of 9,406
@JasonNYC hey, you guys may want to know that the sp1k power button isnt a click button below 32 degrees, got in my car after work and it wouldnt work right, once it warmed up it got better
anyone else have an issue with their sp1k when its cold out?

Nov 28, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #4,565 of 9,406
Going by some of the complaints that the sticker is hard to remove from A&K screen protectors, I think some people might not be aware that the sticker is actually attached to a harder transparent cover that peels off after screen protector is applied. The actual screen protector part is very thin, but you can still just see it after you peel of the layer that the sticker is attached to. Once applied, with the top sticker layer removed, the actual screen protector left on doesn't interfere with touch sensitivity at all. It's really one of the best non-tempered glass protectors with easy installation I've come across. It's just not clear the first few times you put one on exactly how it's supposed to be installed.

Nov 28, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #4,566 of 9,406
Going by some of the complaints that the sticker is hard to remove from A&K screen protectors, I think some people might not be aware that the sticker is actually attached to a harder transparent cover that peels off after screen protector is applied. The actual screen protector part is very thin, but you can still just see it after you peel of the layer that the sticker is attached to. Once applied, with the top sticker layer removed, the actual screen protector left on doesn't interfere with touch sensitivity at all. It's really one of the best non-tempered glass protectors with easy installation I've come across. It's just not clear the first few times you put one on exactly how it's supposed to be installed.

Yeah. I messed mine up and got fingerprints on it lol.

Nov 28, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #4,567 of 9,406
Funny- I have the same issue with the Brotect on the bottom right corner. It just needs to get smoothed down a bit whenever I use the device. Other than that it works well.

Cold? HOW cold? I walk with mine in a belt case and it works fine in the 50's. Even the very low 50's.

Nov 28, 2018 at 10:04 PM Post #4,568 of 9,406
apologies if this is off-thread...

I'm interested in the sp1000m. Is there a separate thread on it? Any reviews of it posted on head-fi? thx

No separate thread, assuming due to similarities with SP1000. My review was posted here.

Nov 29, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #4,570 of 9,406
Funny- I have the same issue with the Brotect on the bottom right corner. It just needs to get smoothed down a bit whenever I use the device. Other than that it works well.

Cold? HOW cold? I walk with mine in a belt case and it works fine in the 50's. Even the very low 50's.
It was high 20s low 30s, just sitting in my car

Nov 29, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #4,575 of 9,406
I have a question about playing back files on a dnla nas. Will the sp1000m read those directly? Do I need to have AK connect running on the nas?
If the NAS supports DLNA, the SP1000M will see the files. You need to turn on AK Connect service on the player in the settings and on the menu select AK Connect to see the available DLNA devices on the network. If you want to play files on the SP1000M from the NAS, select the NAS in Library and Speaker would be My Device.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back