New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
Oct 17, 2018 at 4:48 AM Post #4,217 of 9,409
You need to download the Android File Transfer for mac
I did the first part. it's OK
Now it should appear the new App of TIDAL on SERVICE, but it does not happen.
I forgot something?
IMG_3909.JPG

Oct 17, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #4,220 of 9,409
I had a serious listening to my SP1000CU yesterday, and the sound is not the same, the mids are more bold without lacking "air" , this is the best DAP i ever heard

I noticed a sound difference but put it down to the Tidal apk. It opened up my IE 800s as well. I see you use the 800s as well.

Oct 17, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #4,224 of 9,409
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1576008759358483/permalink/1946898735602815/ yes thats what i feel , this is a post from King Rudi group in the Facebook i don't know if i post it correctly

To my ears, after fw upgrade (from 1.08 to 1.10), I hear no difference in sound when it comes to SP1000 SS. We all hear things diifferently, use different headphones, and often compare by memory when you don't have 2 identical DAPs side by side with the same amount of hours on each and the only difference of fw rev in order to do a true blind a/b comparison.

I love Rudi and personally post in his group quite often, but... i have seen the same "sound update" description after every single a&k and sony fw upgrade :wink: So, let's just leave it at that.

Btw, still need to finish my SP1000M write up (been busy at work), but after 150hrs of burn in, the gap in sound is very small. So far, many people heard SP1000M fresh out of the box after the purchase or after a dozen of hours at RMAF or other shows. After the burn in (150hrs), the biggest difference I hear is in soundstage expansion with SP1000 SS being more holographic, while SP1000M is more focused, a nice above average width but not as wide as SP1000 SS. The treble opened up more after the burn in, and I hear more sparkle now, closer to SS level.

Oct 17, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #4,225 of 9,409
To my ears, after fw upgrade (from 1.08 to 1.10), I hear no difference in sound when it comes to SP1000 SS. We all hear things diifferently, use different headphones, and often compare by memory when you don't have 2 identical DAPs side by side with the same amount of hours on each and the only difference of fw rev in order to do a true blind a/b comparison.

I love Rudi and personally post in his group quite often, but... i have seen the same "sound update" description after every single a&k and sony fw upgrade :wink: So, let's just leave it at that.

Btw, still need to finish my SP1000M write up (been busy at work), but after 150hrs of burn in, the gap in sound is very small. So far, many people heard SP1000M fresh out of the box after the purchase or after a dozen of hours at RMAF or other shows. After the burn in (150hrs), the biggest difference I hear is in soundstage expansion with SP1000 SS being more holographic, while SP1000M is more focused, a nice above average width but not as wide as SP1000 SS. The treble opened up more after the burn in, and I hear more sparkle now, closer to SS level.

What about the bass? I have not tried SP1000 before and my portables until now were Hugo1/2, DX200 and KSE1500 (AMP and DAC connected to computer or mobile). What really amazed me with SP1000M was the bass. I have never heard from any portable device such an amazing bowed double bass before. It is just faaast and hard hitting. I very much like hearing detailed, hard hitting but not overwhelming bass (electric or acoustic). It is simply amazing. Also a lot of body in the mids (though I rarely hear vocal music). Just want to try hearing a new piece but can't stop listening to till the end.

Oct 17, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #4,226 of 9,409
OT.
Do you guys here think that single crystal interconnect cable (ex.from dap to amp) transmits signals follow direction?
Assum that one end is S(start) and the other is E(end).
When S plugged in dap and E plugged in Amp it transmit a smoother mid and softer treble. When do reverse direction, mid is less smooth and treble is a bit higer.
Does this effect exist really, or I just hear a placebo effect?

Oct 17, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #4,227 of 9,409
OT.
Do you guys here think that single crystal interconnect cable (ex.from dap to amp) transmits signals follow direction?
Assum that one end is S(start) and the other is E(end).
When S plugged in dap and E plugged in Amp it transmit a smoother mid and softer treble. When do reverse direction, mid is less smooth and treble is a bit higer.
Does this effect exist really, or I just hear a placebo effect?

Unfortunately not possible within the limits of physics that we know of.

Oct 17, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #4,228 of 9,409
What about the bass? I have not tried SP1000 before and my portables until now were Hugo1/2, DX200 and KSE1500 (AMP and DAC connected to computer or mobile). What really amazed me with SP1000M was the bass. I have never heard from any portable device such an amazing bowed double bass before. It is just faaast and hard hitting. I very much like hearing detailed, hard hitting but not overwhelming bass (electric or acoustic). It is simply amazing. Also a lot of body in the mids (though I rarely hear vocal music). Just want to try hearing a new piece but can't stop listening to till the end.

I don't hear any difference in bass between SP1000 SS and SP1000M. I just did yet another blind test during my lunch break. Using U18t with Leo II cable, balanced, playing the same song, volume matched with SS volume at 60 and M volume at 57 (M is slightly more efficient), and I hear nearly identical lows, mids, and treble, while the only giveaway is a more holographic staging of SS. With a few hours out of the box, M treble was smoother when paired up with U18t and compared to SP1000 SS. Now, I only hear a difference in soundstage. I was able to confirm the same using Andromeda and Mellianus iems. When tested with Mason v3, I do hear its pair up with M to yield a little smoother treble, so perhaps different IEM/headphone pair ups might yield some subtle difference in treble response, but it's not as drastic as I heard it out of the box before burn in. Btw, I have probably close to 160hrs on SP1000M now. Also, keep in mind, I'm comparing SP1000M to SP1000 SS, and not SP1000 CU.

Oct 18, 2018 at 1:44 AM Post #4,229 of 9,409
After FW upgrade I started noticing a glitch on my device.
If the SP1000Cu is turned off when I plug it in for fast charging it shows after a few minutes it is fully charged .. I then turn it on and it shows 100%, but after a few minutes of listening it quickly goes down to the real percentage.
This doesn't happen if I plug it in while the unit is turned on.

Anybody noticed the same glitch?
It happened two times now, let's see if it will happen a third time tomorrow..

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018 at 2:36 AM Post #4,230 of 9,409
After FW upgrade I started noticing a glitch on my device.
If the SP1000Cu is turned off when I plug it in for fast charging it shows after a few minutes it is fully charged .. I then turn it on and it shows 100%, but after a few minutes of listening it quickly goes down to the real percentage.
This doesn't happen if I plug it in while the unit is turned on.

Anybody noticed the same glitch?
It happened two times now, let's see if it will happens a third time tomorrow..

Same here, my SP1000SS was about 8%, a few seconds after I pluged in the charging cable it was at 78% and after that it took the normal time to fully load. But it was in a few seconds from 8% to 78%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back