New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
Jul 31, 2023 at 5:55 PM Post #9,301 of 9,409
Where are you from ?

Aug 9, 2023 at 2:09 AM Post #9,304 of 9,409
Hi Senior Head-fier,

I am a newbie in audiophile community and I have just successfully get my hand on a SP1K SS. However I have some trouble with it about the language it support for input keyboard. From the SP1K manual I read, base on the FW region it can define which language is support for keyboard input. My SP1K is now staying at 1.70CM which I believe it is not support the Chinese (Simplified) input which I want for easier music browsing. That is when I came to head-fi and seeking for help. Luckily, after reading through more than 100 pages of the threads on AK Ultima SP1000, I found some are very profound about AK firmware (like @TYATYA and @kel77). I just have some question regards to FW and would love and appreciate to get some help from senior head-fier.

1/ How can you put SP1K into flash state or should I say how to flash the SP1K?

2/ After I have the desired update HEX file in the root folder of SP1K. I just need to shut it down and restart for the OTA update? Or I have to actually flash it -> plug into PC -> copy the HEX to root -> unplug -> OTA Update?

3/ Does anyone have any idea about which firmware would support Chinese input? As I have read some pages of the thread and spot out one of the users - @kel77, got SP1K in Chinese so I think it would be sense for Chinese region firmware to support Chinese keyboard. I am living in Australia and the firmware auto update would be 1.70CM. So I think I need to change into firmware ending with CN?

4/ If firmware region change cannot solve the upper case, and I got a solution from FW 1.20 which is the most stable for installing APK, especially for my case would be a Chinese Keyboard APK. When I OTA back to 1.70CM would the Chinese Keyboard APK still tag along and be usable in 1.70? I have read some of users experince about the FW later than 1.20 would cause a lot of instability to the apps that is not on the Open App Service list of Iriver's AK.

If there is anything against the rules if the community of spoonfeeding helping here, please help me through PM if it is possible for you. But I think lots of new head-fier out there have the same question like me as well so everyone is welcome for helping out. Once again, thank you so much for your time on this long post.

Kind regards,
A very new Head-fier wandering in a Wonderland.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2023 at 4:13 AM Post #9,305 of 9,409
Hi Senior Head-fier,

I am a newbie in audiophile community and I have just successfully get my hand on a SP1K SS. However I have some trouble with it about the language it support for input keyboard. From the SP1K manual I read, base on the FW region it can define which language is support for keyboard input. My SP1K is now staying at 1.70CM which I believe it is support the Chinese (Simplified) input that I want for easier music browsing. That is when I came to head-fi and seeking for help. Luckily, after reading through more than 100 pages of the threads on AK Ultima SP1000, I found some are very profound about AK firmware (like @TYATYA and @kel77). I just have some question regards to some of the tips you have sent out over the thread so far.

2/ After I have the desired update HEX file in the root folder of SP1K. I just need to shut it down and restart for the OTA update? Or I have to actually flash it -> plug into PC -> copy the HEX to root -> unplug -> OTA Update?

3/ Does anyone have any idea about which firmware would support Chinese input? As I have read some pages of the thread and spot out one of the users - @kel77, got SP1K in Chinese so I think it would be sense for Chinese region firmware to support Chinese keyboard. I am living in Australia and the firmware auto update would be 1.70CM. So I think I need to change into firmware ending with CN?

4/ If firmware region change cannot solve the upper case, and I got a solution from FW 1.20 which is the most stable for installing APK, especially for my case would be a Chinese Keyboard APK. When I OTA back to 1.70CM would the Chinese Keyboard APK still tag along and be usable in 1.70? I have read some of users experince about the FW later than 1.20 would cause a lot of instability to the apps that is not on the Open App Service list of Iriver's AK.

If there is anything against the rules if the community of spoonfeeding helping here, please help me through PM if it is possible for you. But I think lots of new head-fier out there have the same question like me as well so everyone is welcome for helping out. Once again, thank you so much for your time on this long post.

Kind regards,
A very new Head-fier wandering in a Wonderland
You need firmware 1.7CN.
With that firmware go to Settings > language and you can choose simplified or traditional Chinese.

Aug 9, 2023 at 4:46 AM Post #9,306 of 9,409
The region firmware is not able to be downloaded and I think AK does not allow you to switch between CN or CM.
If you wish to have the correct region version with language support, you need to purchase it from start.

Aug 9, 2023 at 4:51 AM Post #9,307 of 9,409
The region firmware is not able to be downloaded and I think AK does not allow you to switch between CN or CM.
If you wish to have the correct region version with language support, you need to purchase it from start.
Ooohhh that is a bugger. Then would my question 4 would temporary solve the problem? Did not know why Iriver did that to Region FW, just a diverse of music listener and having keyboard in that language would be easier to fond music though.

Aug 9, 2023 at 7:04 AM Post #9,308 of 9,409
Ooohhh that is a bugger. Then would my question 4 would temporary solve the problem? Did not know why Iriver did that to Region FW, just a diverse of music listener and having keyboard in that language would be easier to fond music though.
I have not tried as my apps are all music apps that AK whitelisted.

Aug 9, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #9,309 of 9,409

Here is a link to SP1000 firmwares. I have no idea about CN versions, sorry.

If you copy a firmware to the root of internal storage, you will get a pop-up to install. Note that rollbacks typically wipe internal storage but upgrades do not.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18RuBSVFe2seI4BuLxmGYPlLm54sGA8FU

Aug 9, 2023 at 1:25 PM Post #9,310 of 9,409
Hi Senior Head-fier,

I am a newbie in audiophile community and I have just successfully get my hand on a SP1K SS. However I have some trouble with it about the language it support for input keyboard. From the SP1K manual I read, base on the FW region it can define which language is support for keyboard input. My SP1K is now staying at 1.70CM which I believe it is not support the Chinese (Simplified) input which I want for easier music browsing. That is when I came to head-fi and seeking for help. Luckily, after reading through more than 100 pages of the threads on AK Ultima SP1000, I found some are very profound about AK firmware (like @TYATYA and @kel77). I just have some question regards to FW and would love and appreciate to get some help from senior head-fier.

Kind regards,
A very new Head-fier wandering in a Wonderland.

Hi
1/ force "update.hex" to be located at the "SP1000 root" folder by many ways: pc with cable, phones with cable.
Or in my case wifi with phone.
The dap in power on stage.
2/ once 1 is done, pop up appears automaticaly on the scr and it will be something like: Do you want to join the party. Yeah ofcouse you select yes.
3/ Chinese language comes in fw with "CN" ending letters in their name.
Flash "CN" on an international hardware unit is up to you.
4/ Recommend to try with 1.20 or 1.17 because it support more fun than just flashing a fw/language

OTA update will auto get the dap a fw according hw of the dap.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2023 at 3:54 AM Post #9,311 of 9,409
Hi
1/ force "update.hex" to be located at the "SP1000 root" folder by many ways: pc with cable, phones with cable.
Or in my case wifi with phone.
The dap in power on stage.
2/ once 1 is done, pop up appears automaticaly on the scr and it will be something like: Do you want to join the party. Yeah ofcouse you select yes.
3/ Chinese language comes in fw with "CN" ending letters in their name.
Flash "CN" on an international hardware unit is up to you.
4/ Recommend to try with 1.20 or 1.17 because it support more fun than just flashing a fw/language

OTA update will auto get the dap a fw according hw of the dap.
Thank you so much!!!

Sep 11, 2023 at 6:10 PM Post #9,312 of 9,409
Hi together,

I am considering the SP1000 as my first DAP as I have found a pretty good used offer. I would use it with Apple Music which as far as I have found out at the moment needs at least Android version 5 so it should work. Would you consider the SP1000 a good Idea or do you think it is absolutely outdated?

Best regards

Bojan

Sep 11, 2023 at 6:40 PM Post #9,314 of 9,409
Same here, I still use it

Sep 11, 2023 at 7:55 PM Post #9,315 of 9,409
I use my SP1000M even though i have SP3000:smirk:

Attachments

• IMG_1400.JPG
    IMG_1400.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back