New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
Oct 20, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #7,336 of 9,411
@JasonNYC is there any update on roon support? I am waiting to see how this will work in my system.

Oct 20, 2019 at 9:48 PM Post #7,337 of 9,411
I would be very much obliged if someone could help me please .I have recently purchased an SP1000 which I am pairing with a Campfire Solaris.I have just bought a **** cable to use with balanced output.I would be obliged if someone could confirm if this cable is wired correctly for SP1000.
16 Core MMCX Replacement Cable **** Replacement Headphone MMCX Cable Headphone Detachable Cable Upgraded Silver Plated Copper MMCX Cable 2.5mm Plug for Shure 846 215 LZ A4 earphone(MMCX 2.5)✪【16 Core Replacement Earphone Upgrade Cable, Amazing Sound Quality】Using this 16 core silver plated copper replacement cable provided a slight bump in resolution and a noticeable increase in clarity throughout with more extended vocals and clearer layering of instruments,the cable's separation did provide the impression of a larger soundscape.
  • ✪【Silver Plated Copper Braided Upgrade Earphone Cable】This 16 core Earphone replacement cable is made of silver plated copper cable, detailing and high-hats were enhanced. Soundstage space increased slightly and separation was greatly improved with better resolution of background details.
  • ✪【Suit for Earphone Model】 Our earphone upgrade audio is perfect for Shure 846 535 215 315 425 MAGAOSI K5 LZA4 A5 earphone.
  • ✪【Specification for Earphone Replacement Cable】 This is MMCX detachable cable. The Cable is about 47 inch long, 2.5mm audio jack suit for DAP, Pioneer XDP-30R, Shanling, AK hifi Music player and so on.
  • ✪【12 MONTHS WARRANTY】 Buy With Confidence. All of product from **** are original. You will get a 12 months warranty from the date of purchase if you order from ****. Any of your questions, please feel free to contact us firstly, we will surely give you a satisfied solution soon.

• Mention is made of AK players but I do not want to make a damaging mistake.Any help would be much appreciated.
Hi Srom, I purchased several months ago a 4 and 8 core cable from this brand.
No problem at all with my spkm.

Markus

Oct 21, 2019 at 4:43 AM Post #7,341 of 9,411
Yes...I have theAK t5p v2.
I was interested in the model Dekoni pads you have.
The standard beyerdynamic t5p pads fit. They are in the Dekoni web site:
"Dekoni’s DT78990 Pads fit:
Beyerdynamic DT770Pro and Premium, DT1770Pro, DT880Pro and Premium, DT990 Pro and Premium, DT1990, T1, Amiron, T5p, Custom One Series And many more"

Oct 21, 2019 at 7:06 AM Post #7,342 of 9,411
I am the biggest fan of my SPk1cu so I am not posting to just incite controversies. I was and am now in the camp that a software update CAN cause SQ change and I confirmed that today.....???....

I just upgraded to 1.31CM and SPk1cu just sounded horribly right after the update. I can't describe what it was but it sounded like listening to lifeless music on a 2 dimensional plane. I almost chucked the DAP against the wall. For about an hour of listening in frustration and disappointment, I tried to convince myself it was my brain. Then I powered SP1k off / on for the first time after upgrade and listened again. Immediately I heard the magic sound returned!!!!

Based on this experience, I am convinced that I heard a difference and do think it is possible to change SQ via a software update.
So if you powered on and off and all sounds fine then you have not really established firmware changes sound once update completed correctly.
You conclusion does not match your experience in that all sounds fine once update done.

Oct 21, 2019 at 10:11 PM Post #7,343 of 9,411
I tried out the The new Jerry Harvey EQ thats available on the AK site for the SP1000. I think it sounds good, I’m not a big EQ person i think that AK house sound is the best for daps. I also spent the 9 minutes watching his video and was an interesting watch. Has anyone else dropped this file on their players? Interested in what you all think.

Oct 21, 2019 at 10:43 PM Post #7,344 of 9,411
I tried out the The new Jerry Harvey EQ thats available on the AK site for the SP1000. I think it sounds good, I’m not a big EQ person i think that AK house sound is the best for daps. I also spent the 9 minutes watching his video and was an interesting watch. Has anyone else dropped this file on their players? Interested in what you all think.

The way I read it, it’s custom made for the Layla AION.

Oct 22, 2019 at 1:37 AM Post #7,346 of 9,411

Attachments

• DSC_3595 copie.jpg
    DSC_3595 copie.jpg
    609.9 KB · Views: 0
Oct 22, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #7,348 of 9,411
Jerry says it is for all versions of the Layla. It's not for other iems or cans. I tried it for fun, didn't do much for my EE Zeus, but then it wasn't made for it. The interview was very interesting, though.

Oct 22, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #7,349 of 9,411
Agreed, I understand it was made for Layla’s. I tried it for fun, I didn’t mind it. However when I switch between the EQ and the house sound, I know why I love the AK sound no EQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back