New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
Apr 22, 2019 at 8:52 PM Post #6,002 of 9,406
Please ask about disabling buttons in settings along with volume knob.

Not sure if there is strength in numbers, but I would second that request (SP1000M user here).

Even in the case they are very, very easily activated. And their behavior is unpredictable for me... it seems to skip to a random track in the album.

Agree with my fellow A&K owners, so another vote for the SP1K and SP1KM

Apr 22, 2019 at 10:52 PM Post #6,003 of 9,406
From Danacable => Lazuli adapter from 4-pin XLR to 2.5mm balanced

SP1000cu + Utopia + Nirvana = Utter Perfection.....

Attachments

• IMG_1045.jpeg
    IMG_1045.jpeg
    784.1 KB · Views: 0
Apr 23, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #6,004 of 9,406
I've never had an issue with the side buttons, on any of the three AKs I've had. In fact, I've only read here before of complaints re them being too hard to activate in a case (which I have never had an issue with as well). In fact, they are one of the best things about the AKs in terms of user access to the controls. Not saying you aren't having issues, but that this is the first I've heard about it.

Apr 23, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #6,005 of 9,406
I've never had an issue with the side buttons, on any of the three AKs I've had. In fact, I've only read here before of complaints re them being too hard to activate in a case (which I have never had an issue with as well). In fact, they are one of the best things about the AKs in terms of user access to the controls. Not saying you aren't having issues, but that this is the first I've heard about it.
When its in my pocket the buttons get pressed. When I reach in to grab the unit, more often than not, the buttons get pressed, there should be a way to disable them.

Apr 23, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #6,009 of 9,406
My device has been randomly resetting every so often (multiple times in an hour) when playing audio directly from the device. Things seem to be fine with DAC. Has anyone dealt with this?
There could be a few different things causing this issue with the most likely cause being a corrupt file or corrupt microSD card. I would suggest trying the following, even if you have before:

1. Do a manual media scan to clear the database and reindex all of your files. This tends to fix 95% of playback issues. Settings -> System Reset -> Initialize media scan. If you have playlists created, make sure the clear playlists is unchecked. A media scan will take up to 15 minutes depending on how many files you have in internal and external memory.

2. If you have a microSD card inserted and manual media scan did not fix the issue, try removing the card and see if you are still having issues. If you are not, the card may have become corrupt. Would recommend reformatting card as FAT32, which can be done from the player itself - Settings -> System Information -> Erase SD card. Please note, all files will be deleted from the card, but not internal memory.

3. Perform Factory Reset - will clear all files and settings. Files will need to be reloaded. Settings -> System Reset -> Factory data reset

Last edited:
Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Apr 23, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #6,010 of 9,406
Please ask about disabling buttons in settings along with volume knob.
Volume knob can be disabled when the screen is off.
But those side buttons still get me on occasion. I'm learning how to use them when I want to skip songs when listening in bed, but on the go they constantly skip to the next track or pause when reaching in my pocket to grab the sp1000. I have a softer blue leather case which allows me to press buttons on accident all the time.

Apr 24, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #6,012 of 9,406
@JasonNYC

Hey man, so I did the system setting reset and my Wifi connection still gives me a wrong password error.

Also, this is another question that is unrelated, and is to all: Could someone explain what "Enable software decoding for MQA"
"Enable sw decode for MQA..." = unfold MQA code to original sample rate and bit depth when passing digital to ext dac

Apr 24, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #6,014 of 9,406
"Enable sw decode for MQA..." = unfold MQA code to original sample rate and bit depth when passing digital to ext dac
I really think it refers to what the USB port puts out to an external DAC. In this case it will only do the first unfold which means it will be 96khz max. The full decode (and playback rate to the original) is only done when playing through the SP1000 DAC. If using the Tidal app then only MASTER will be displayed. If using a remote app to stream to the SP1000 (like mConnect) then the full decode rate and blue or green dot will be shown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back