New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
Feb 9, 2019 at 8:38 AM Post #5,237 of 9,406
Hi,
Thanks for your answer. Can you point me to some tutorial or help document on how to do that? I installed musicbee in my PC but don't fully get how to make the SP1000 appear as a portable device.
Thanks again!

Congrats Musicbee is the best player and music manager on a PC.
Connect the SP1000 via USB.
On MB you should see it appearing under Device using MTP

Take a look at this video to understand how to.
Keep in mind that you have to manually chose on which drive you need the sync to be done.
Playlists transferred on the SD card need to be manually moved (cut & paste) under the file explorer on Windows to the SP1000 default playlist folder on the internal memory
This is a best working solution so far.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #5,238 of 9,406
Hello, it is possible to always make a quick charge on the sp1000 without damaging the battery in the long term, or it is advisable to carry out a normal charge from time to time?
Thank you
Really?
If so, we can ask for a new fw with optional ON/OFF fast charging function (as some flagship phones of samsung)
Hello, it is possible to always make a quick charge on the sp1000 without damaging the battery in the long term, or it is advisable to carry out a normal charge from time to time?
Thank you
If it is true that fast charging is harmful, we can ask for new fw with optinal ON/OFF fast charging function as like samsung does on their phones

Feb 9, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #5,239 of 9,406
20190209_233537.jpg
SmartSelect_20190210-005956_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20190210-010104_Google.jpg

Sorry off topic.

Pls any one have 2.5 balance cable of AK120,240,380,.... any model of AK that look like in the pic, can confirm for me ?
Pole with name "G" is linked to what pin of 3.5? (Only G? Or all RLG?).

Thanks in advance.

P.S : grounding is a thing I need to confirm for below diy :

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #5,240 of 9,406
Really?
If so, we can ask for a new fw with optional ON/OFF fast charging function (as some flagship phones of samsung)

If it is true that fast charging is harmful, we can ask for new fw with optinal ON/OFF fast charging function as like samsung does on their phones
What... are you serious? ..... I am only asking if is safe to make always quick charging using a quick charger or is more safe to make a charge with a normal charger sometimes, there's no need to have a on / off you want fast charging use quick charger you want normal use a regular charger

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #5,241 of 9,406
What... are you serious? ..... I am only asking if is safe to make always quick charging using a quick charger or is more safe to make a charge with a normal charger sometimes, there's no need to have a on / off you want fast charging use quick charger you want normal use a regular charger
Are you serious?
Idk if fast charging is a harmful too.
But on samsung phones have option to turn off fast charging. When set off, it will charge normal (slow) with any charger.

Feb 9, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #5,242 of 9,406
Back to reality. Fast charging has been ok'd for charging here by Jason several times. The only thing not to do is completely discharge your battery before recharging. Fast, slow, no big difference as long as you use appropriate chargers.

Feb 9, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #5,244 of 9,406

Sorry off topic.

Pls any one have 2.5 balance cable of AK120,240,380,.... any model of AK that look like in the pic, can confirm for me ?
Pole with name "G" is linked to what pin of 3.5? (Only G? Or all RLG?).

Thanks in advance.

P.S : grounding is a thing I need to confirm for below diy :
Hello
I am using pure silver 10 wire cable; 8 wire for 2.5mm balanced and 2 wire for 3.5mm for ground to connect sp1000 to mass kobo 424 which has a pentaconn input (R+R-L+L-G).

Please see the schematic diagram below

5ED79C90-6DD5-4F60-97EB-E5F63FA11A4A.jpeg

I hope this helps
Cheers

Feb 9, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #5,245 of 9,406
Hello
I am using pure silver 10 wire cable; 8 wire for 2.5mm balanced and 2 wire for 3.5mm for ground to connect sp1000 to mass kobo 424 which has a pentaconn input (R+R-L+L-G).

Please see the schematic diagram below

I hope this helps
Cheers
Thank you. I also though G wire is carried out by G pin of 3.5 for ak daps, so I welded correctly.
Your pin map pics is again confirmation

Feb 10, 2019 at 5:48 AM Post #5,247 of 9,406
Has anybody ever had problems with SPK and its battery? The battery of mine bloated and the backpanel felt almost off. The device has never left my home. And was lying around charged for more than a week now. With 30 minutes use per evening throughout the last days.

I have to admit that I am upset.

Just FYI. As stated earlier, the German distributor already answered during weekend. I sent my device in on Monday and yesterday I received a brand new SPK. Both, the distributor and the local service center did a great job. I am, although I was shocked to see that happen, a very impressed customer :)

Cheers

Feb 10, 2019 at 8:42 AM Post #5,248 of 9,406
Why you need grounding ? İ need a cable to connect SPK to an headphone amp - balanced/rca - and to a pre amp rca only

I connect spk to head amp also but I need grounding.
Try max vol on head amp, try volume zero on spk. Under that condition I can check grounding matter. When I stop spk and touch a key to metal body I can hear noise gennerated. So I connect ground of spk to ground of head amp.
But, even no ground, when I press play (volume =0) noise is zero. I think balance works when press play, even no ground.
For sure I still ground them.

Feb 10, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #5,249 of 9,406
Just FYI. As stated earlier, the German distributor already answered during weekend. I sent my device in on Monday and yesterday I received a brand new SPK. Both, the distributor and the local service center did a great job. I am, although I was shocked to see that happen, a very impressed customer :)

Cheers
All's well that ends well. :smile_phones:

Feb 13, 2019 at 12:57 AM Post #5,250 of 9,406
I got a blue SP1000M a couple of days and really enjoy it with my Abyss Diana first using their standard cable (3.5mm). I just made balanced cable with some old DIY interconnects I had left over and I am just amazed how much better balanced is sounding. Not subtle at all! In all the evaluations I see not much discussion about balanced vs. single ended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back