New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
Oct 17, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #1,861 of 9,406
I have an album art problem after upgrading to 1.06.
Before 1.06, when I play songs by choosing folder, the album art could show up correctly.
After 1.06, when I play the songs by choosing folder, the album art could not be shown.
However if I play the song by choosing artist and album, the album art could once again be shown.

I have tried reseting factory default and re-scan the media, the problem still exists.
Am I the only one having this problem?

Mine does the same. Folder>Music>Artis/Album have no album art, only a white folder icon. When you select an item to play and it goes to the main screen, then there is full album art. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a choice A&K made. The folder icon is very small.

Oct 17, 2017 at 8:53 AM Post #1,862 of 9,406
Yes, the Aukey charger should work great with the SP1000 for quick charging. We have a few in the office that we use. I'm not sure if that charger comes with a USB-C cable. If it does, either cable should be fine.

Jason- thanks, works perfectly. Didn't come with a cord (for that price I shouldn't be surprised) so I used the A&U one, charged very quickly.

Oct 17, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #1,863 of 9,406
I'm having a problem with album names, don't know if it's related to 1.06 as I just started doing this after the update.

Basically I have some albums I realized I want to name differently. Alright, I edit them on my PC and copy them to my SP1000, overwriting the existing tracks. Album name stays the same. I delete the tracks from my SP1000 and copy the edited ones from my PC. I still get the old album name. I perform a full rescan: still get that damn old album name, I can't get the new one to get displayed. Is there some sort of hidden caching which makes the old album names still getting used even if I modify the files?

Did you rename the folder or go in with a tagging editor and rename the tracks? If you only renamed the folder, go to Folders and see if it shows up correctly there. The device (for Albums) reads tags, not folders, so you would need to actually change the track names. If you re-tagged, no idea why it's not changing. You said you rescanned, that should do it.

Oct 17, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #1,864 of 9,406
I have an album art problem after upgrading to 1.06.
Before 1.06, when I play songs by choosing folder, the album art could show up correctly.
After 1.06, when I play the songs by choosing folder, the album art could not be shown.
However if I play the song by choosing artist and album, the album art could once again be shown.

I have tried reseting factory default and re-scan the media, the problem still exists.
Am I the only one having this problem?

Mine has no such problems. Are your album art just in the folders as folder.jpg or are they embedded within the metadata of the music files?

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #1,865 of 9,406
Maybe I'm confused here. When I go into Folders, no album art. When I choose a song/artist to play and then play it, album art shows. Is hkpm saying when he plays anything from Folder it doesn't show art on the main screen? That's not an issue I have. I'd try a hard reset or a rescan and see if that shakes things up.

Oh, and my art is all embedded.

Oct 17, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #1,866 of 9,406
Mine has no such problems. Are your album art just in the folders as folder.jpg or are they embedded within the metadata of the music files?

Maybe I'm confused here. When I go into Folders, no album art. When I choose a song/artist to play and then play it, album art shows. Is hkpm saying when he plays anything from Folder it doesn't show art on the main screen? That's not an issue I have. I'd try a hard reset or a rescan and see if that shakes things up.

Oh, and my art is all embedded.

The album art is as cover.jpg, they are not embedded to the song file.

I should be more specific, yes, the album art was not shown on the main screen (as the song was playing) if I chose the song to play through folder view.
If I chose the same song to play through album or artist view, the album art could be shown correctly on main screen when the song was playing, and even for the next song in the same album.
This problem didn't occur before I updated to 1.06.
I have tried reseting it and rescanning for numerous times but in vain.

Is there a way to downgrade it to 1.05?

Oct 17, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #1,867 of 9,406
I've never seen a way to downgrade firmware on an A&K.

How are your cover .jpegs named? That can affect whether they show up. As I said, mine show up when I choose a song/artist via Folder view. So it sounds like something in the way you have tagged/set up your files is preventing yours from doing likewise. At least since the update. You might want to take an album and embed the art and then see if it will play correctly from Folder. If so, at least you've narrowed down the issue.

Oct 17, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #1,868 of 9,406

I should be more specific, yes, the album art was not shown on the main screen (as the song was playing) if I chose the song to play through folder view.
If I chose the same song to play through album or artist view, the album art could be shown correctly on main screen when the song was playing, and even for the next song in the same album.

Probably the only solution for now is to write to AK's support if they are able to provide you with the older firmware or if they will correct this bug in a later firmware.

Oct 17, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #1,869 of 9,406
Did you rename the folder or go in with a tagging editor and rename the tracks? If you only renamed the folder, go to Folders and see if it shows up correctly there. The device (for Albums) reads tags, not folders, so you would need to actually change the track names. If you re-tagged, no idea why it's not changing. You said you rescanned, that should do it.

I renamed the tag in the tracks with dbpoweramp's module. Album name is correct in Windows, but as soon as I get these files into my SP1000 I still see the old album name.

Oct 17, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #1,870 of 9,406

The issue is not with album arts, but with album name displayed in album view.

Oct 17, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #1,871 of 9,406

Thank you for posting. The album art should display correctly if embedded in the ID3 tag. As to why it is not displaying if a jpeg of the cover art is in the same folder, I am not sure. I will pass this onto our software development team for further research.

Unfortunately, there is no way to downgrade the firmware.

Last edited:
Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Oct 17, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #1,872 of 9,406
I'm having a problem with album names, don't know if it's related to 1.06 as I just started doing this after the update.

Basically I have some albums I realized I want to name differently. Alright, I edit them on my PC and copy them to my SP1000, overwriting the existing tracks. Album name stays the same. I delete the tracks from my SP1000 and copy the edited ones from my PC. I still get the old album name. I perform a full rescan: still get that damn old album name, I can't get the new one to get displayed. Is there some sort of hidden caching which makes the old album names still getting used even if I modify the files?
How did you edit the album names? Did you edit ID3 tags? Simply renaming the folders or files will not work as the DAP reads ID3 tags attached to individual files.
You can edit ID3 tags using a variety of freeware. Just google "ID3 tag editor".

Oct 17, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #1,873 of 9,406
How did you edit the album names? Did you edit ID3 tags? Simply renaming the folders or files will not work as the DAP reads ID3 tags attached to individual files.
You can edit ID3 tags using a variety of freeware. Just google "ID3 tag editor".

Yep, I did edit the ID3 tags.

Appunti Windows-1.jpg

Oct 17, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #1,874 of 9,406
Hi there,

i own a Cowon Plenue 2 which sounds great..
i'm now considering to buy a SP1000 mainly because the system and the player (GUI) seem stronger than the P2.
can you please confirm you have a DLNA which makes the player able to read a DLNA playlist broadcasted on the local network ?
I'm using Musicbee which can act as a Upnp server and i want to make sure i can read the PL over DLNA with the SP1000 (Flac library is on the network disk , not local (SD card)

Regards

Oct 17, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #1,875 of 9,406
Yep, I did edit the ID3 tags.
I see. It's puzzling.
Have you tested the same files on different software like Audirvana or Roon?
If the edited tags are properly recognized and displayed on these software, there may be a bug or two in the SP1000 software.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back