New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
Sep 15, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #1,563 of 9,409
Speaking of OTG, anyone get their SP1000 to work in DAC mode on an Android phone or tablet? I tried that on an iPad with CCK and it did not work at all.

Sep 16, 2017 at 12:44 AM Post #1,565 of 9,409
Usually you have to turn on the feature before you plugging it into your iPad :D, a bit tricky
On mine this option can only be turned ON after I plug it in to the ipad (using CCK).
Works flawlessly on Mac and PC but I cannot get it to work with iPad/iPhone.

How do you turn this option ON before plugging?
I'm obviously doing something wrong..

Sep 16, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #1,567 of 9,409
So got this pouch, top to bottom is perfect but the device is too thick to allow finger entry to controls. If you just want a cheap carry bag, though, it would work fine. Twelve bucks. Though it's not from the butt of a cow.
81Pgz5C+ibL.jpg

Sep 17, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #1,568 of 9,409
Oooh, that teal shade looks really good.

But, I think the Dignis cases look better. The Alcantara blue is to die for. :heart_eyes:

A 300 bucks (1200+ MYR!!) for a better leather case? Umm...yeah, I don't think I'll buy it even if I have the SP1000. I certainly don't think the original case provided by the unit itself is of any poor quality... Come on, AK...I thought more of you. :/
Well, the original leather case isn't bad at all. In fact, I don't see how it's different from these ones (from a non-leather aficionado's perspective, of course). Hmmm..

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #1,569 of 9,409
Well, the original leather case isn't bad at all. In fact, I don't see how it's different from these ones (from a non-leather aficionado's perspective, of course). Hmmm..

Exactly! The original leather case is already brilliant and it's so nice to touch! There really is no reason to blow another few hundred bucks just for a different colored and different leather feedback that only leather enthusiasts could learn to appreciate in its whole. I mean the whole point of SP1000 wasn't just the design but the meat of its core appeal is the sound performance and IMO, finally a brilliant UI that won't bug out on me like it did on older AK players from time to time.

Sep 17, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #1,570 of 9,409
The prices for some of these leather cases is so very out of line. Having done this professionally in the past for high end shops in New York, I know the material cost, labor and obviously the equipment needed. For these cases it is extremely simple. You have two dies for the cuts. They will cost you around 350 to 400 dollars. The die is used on a stamping machine and it takes about 2 seconds to make both cuts. You then sew the back piece, which is for looks only, edge the leather, have a form and glue it up. You can do quite a few in an hour, even one person. The main cost, the leather and that no where warrants the cost of some of these leather cases. Ridiculous.

Sep 17, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #1,571 of 9,409
Oooh, that teal shade looks really good.

But, I think the Dignis cases look better. The Alcantara blue is to die for. :heart_eyes:

I also dig (sorry, I had to..) most of all the Dignis cases.
But I cannot decide between Italian Navy and Italian Grey..

Sep 17, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #1,572 of 9,409
Does anybody know if the SP1000 compared to the AK380 now has a true line out function?

Sep 17, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #1,574 of 9,409
I also dig (sorry, I had to..) most of all the Dignis cases.
But I cannot decide between Italian Navy and Italian Grey..
Heh.

I'd go with the blue. I've seen the grey case in person - it doesn't have the same charm that the blue has, IMO. It looks a bit too dull for my tastes. But, that's just me. :)

Exactly! The original leather case is already brilliant and it's so nice to touch! There really is no reason to blow another few hundred bucks just for a different colored and different leather feedback that only leather enthusiasts could learn to appreciate in its whole. I mean the whole point of SP1000 wasn't just the design but the meat of its core appeal is the sound performance and IMO, finally a brilliant UI that won't bug out on me like it did on older AK players from time to time.
Yep. It is really expensive. For the price of the Cordovan case, you could snag yourself an extra DAP, like say, an AK Jr.

The Dignis Alcantara cases are a lot more economic, too - they cost about USD 130. And they look a lot better, IMO.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #1,575 of 9,409
Writing about Dignis.. as lons as I'm ordering the Alcantara, I might throw in a Borsa. :)

..does anybody know if the [BORSA] DAP POUCH - Medium Size fits the SP1000?

MP3-DAP%20POUCH_Content2.jpg

It looks to me that it might fit..

Sketch (8).png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back