New to the idea of an Amp
Feb 21, 2011 at 10:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

coasterguy

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone.  I am pretty new to the idea of an amp.  Infact, I just thought about this past week and now I am here trying to learn.  I am not Audiophile by any means but, I have tried many components out over the years.  I use an ipod classic and an iphone and and imac desktop computer.  I did invest in a set of JH audio custom IEM's last year as I tried so many ear buds and none of them ever fit my crazy ears correctly.  At home I just ordered a pair of the AKG-Q702 quincy jones headphones.  They should be here in the next few days.  I want to try them but I may end up getting something else if I do not like them.  Karaokeequipment.com com has them for SUPER CHEAP right now by the way.  So, I am thinking of investing in my first amp.  Not really to take with me but for here on my desktop for when I really want to listen to some tunes all to myself.  Any direction will be greatly appreciated.  I do not want to spend crazy money but, something decent that will make my music sound clean and warm.  I like the warmer sounding..  Good lows but clean hi's.  I do not care for an over emphasis on midrange.  
Thanks very much

Feb 22, 2011 at 4:45 PM Post #2 of 3
Things to consider when buying and amp.
1.  Space, size or portability
2.  power supply (dual mono, etc...)
3. volume attenuation
4. Sounds
5. number of inputs (selectors)
6. ability to drive speakers, headphones.

Feb 22, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks.  As I learn I will keep that in mind.  Can anyone link me to a basic amp that won't make me deaf.  One that will do what needs to be done for higher end phones to work with my computer.  (Imac)
Thanks again.
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back