New to Head Fi. Looking for Good IEM's
Dec 31, 2008 at 6:10 AM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by arekieh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
?? I had the Bose Triport In-Ears. I just bought the vibes so too late. Just wondering if i made a good choice.

quite frankly, I hope you post your conclusions on the matter after your vibes arrive.

There is a bandwagon mentality on head-fi which has propagated a community bias in favor of some brands and against certain others. A handful of us actually like the Bose IE as a sub-$100 bud. It doesn't isolate and it isn't detailed, but it is very comfortable and has ample bass-a major benefit which is seriously lacking in many "highly recommended" and far more expensive in-ear options.

Trust your ears over the opinions of anonymous Internet posters, many of whom have never actually heard the products they so love to denegrate.

Dec 31, 2008 at 2:42 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by radiohead7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is a very opinionated war against 4 IEM brands
Shure 530 (mids are great highs are ok bass is more than the triplefi and less tha the westone they fit ok)
Westone 3 (too much bass)
UE Triple Fi 10 (least bass do not fit right best highs)
Steinheiser IE8 (do not know much about these)

wait.
Westone 3 too much bass?

i think you are meaning IE8..... or se530... but not W3, really!

Dec 31, 2008 at 3:53 PM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by arekieh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...my music isnt the greatest quality to begin with, and i wouldnt call myself an audiophile. i Just wanted some good quality headphones with decent sound...

The quality of those music files will likely be worsened once you listen to them with a better set of earphones. If you're cool with that then great. I know most people will complain about the earphones themselves not living up to expectations but in reality those music files really need to be re-ripped to a better bitrate and/or format. Something to consider once you head into the world of "audiophilism".
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 31, 2008 at 6:12 PM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Signal2Noise /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The quality of those music files will likely be worsened once you listen to them with a better set of earphones. If you're cool with that then great. I know most people will complain about the earphones themselves not living up to expectations but in reality those music files really need to be re-ripped to a better bitrate and/or format. Something to consider once you head into the world of "audiophilism".
smily_headphones1.gif

Is there any other ways to improve the quality? I dont have any of my musiic on cd's

Jan 1, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #23 of 25
Your local library can be an excellent source from which to borrow and re-rip if you are looking to switch to lossless files. Ours has an online catalog, allowing you to place holds and borrow multiple albums at a time
smile_phones.gif

Jan 1, 2009 at 6:44 AM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by skeptic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your local library can be an excellent source from which to borrow and re-rip if you are looking to switch to lossless files. Ours has an online catalog, allowing you to place holds and borrow multiple albums at a time
smile_phones.gif

Didnt even know libraries had music but ur right they do
smily_headphones1.gif
thanks
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome to head fi and sorry about your wallet.
You should try to listen to different headphones before you make your purchases.

My wallet? Meaning u think i wasted my money? lol
frown.gif
. Where am i supposed to try them out. I dont think retail stores like Best buy or futureshop allow u too. and i dont know any hardcore audiphiles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back