New to Good Headphones, Help Appreciated
Oct 29, 2012 at 3:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Johnsonr520

Head-Fier
The most I have experienced headphone wise was my sennheiser hd 202's. I am an avid guitar play and a rock/metal enthusiast. I want a headphone that I can use to first off listen to my music which is mostly all metal and rock, and also plug into my amp for high  gain stuff and recording. I was looking at the Shure SHR-440, would this fit my needs? I can go over $100 but I really would rather save some of the money I have so prefer to stay under that. Also i really like having the cable on one side and not 10 feet. Tat was my issue with the hd-202. I really like the SHR-440 because the cord is one side and removable.

Oct 29, 2012 at 3:46 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
The most I have experienced headphone wise was my sennheiser hd 202's. I am an avid guitar play and a rock/metal enthusiast. I want a headphone that I can use to first off listen to my music which is mostly all metal and rock, and also plug into my amp for high  gain stuff and recording. I was looking at the Shure SHR-440, would this fit my needs? I can go over $100 but I really would rather save some of the money I have so prefer to stay under that. Also i really like having the cable on one side and not 10 feet. Tat was my issue with the hd-202. I really like the SHR-440 because the cord is one side and removable.

if you need isolation the srh440 would be ok since it is quite detailed and is closed back, if open however i would also suggest a grado sr60i, it has more bass than the srh440 but is still fairly neutral, the grados would probably sound more fun but the srh440 will be more crisp and detailed

but for recording purposes i would say the shure is still one of the best choices around

Oct 29, 2012 at 3:52 AM Post #3 of 3
Actually I forgot to add I prefer closed. I just like the isolation from them, I can record without bothering anyone and I like the feel of it. But one of my main concerns is how will the shr-440s handle extremely high gain from my amp, such as thrash metal rhythm playing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back