New to fullsized Cans. Some advice on laptop/computer use?
Nov 26, 2010 at 12:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

artistofdivine

New Head-Fier
I'm thinking about saving up some money for an investment in headphones for stationary use with a laptop/PC. I've already got a few decent IEMs for portable use but i'm curious of the soundstage and other improvements present in full-sized cans. So would i need to get a new sound card for decent sound or would i be fine with just plugging in the headphones and go straight to listening? I can't quite figure out how to realize the sound card i have, but if someone could tell me how to figure it out on a windows xp laptop i've be glad to tell you. But as far as i know i think it's just the basic soundcard that the laptop comes with (its a school laptop). I'm not quite sure what soundcard is on the PC but i believe it might be a little better. And could someone give me suggestions on some good cans between 50 - 100$? And would full sized cans in this price range be better sounding than IEMs in that price range? Would the SQ be in league with the RE0? (not that i'm all that big on hi-fi sounding stuff, i like warm, pleasurable IEMs like my UM2s, though i do want something different sounding, i don't want all my headphones having similar sound signatures). Thank You!

Nov 26, 2010 at 1:33 PM Post #2 of 2
I think you should go for Grado SR60.
Great sounding headphone for the price.
But SR60s are open headphone so they will not block the noise like IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back