New Teac HA-P50-B Portable DAC Amp
Jul 3, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #181 of 319
I am a new owner of this big small amp, so in these days I did play with my Xperia Z1C uploading files with different resolution and different players.
I bought also the Onkyo HR player from google play and the key (9€!!!).
i am using it with the standard cable that provides power from the dac to the mobile, I find it better than to discharge the mobile battery.
I am using it with my Fidelio X2, Sennheiser MM450X and Sennheiser MM70i and it is able to satisfy my ears also with this inear that I did never really appreciated.
Than, looking at the really limited user manual, I found that it can work with iPod nano 7th gen...so I did try to connect my old iPod nano 5th gen...and it works!
So how it can do it?
The 30 pin Apple connector has also analog line out, but the USB port on Teac is just USB!!

Edit: yes, it sounds with ipod mini, but its sound is terrible!
forget it, sorry

Jul 13, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #182 of 319
Received mine today.sound is stellar.through my senneisser memontum over ear.works great with my yamaha eph 100.for listening files 24/192 i use my ibasso dx50 and line out output.very nice.balanced sound.i have e question.is it possible to use the coaxial output'ibasso and use it like a sound server with the ha-p50?

Jul 14, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #184 of 319
Jul 14, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #185 of 319

That is an interesting one. Might do that next week.

Let me know how it goes! One of my buds was talking about selling me the HA-P50 for cheap, but I'm thinking I'd be willing to spend a bit more cash to get the one I really want.

(also considering the Pioneer XPA-700 - low price on that is about 348USD in Japan, which is only $49 more than the Oppo, though that XPA is more on the "boat anchor" end of the scale of portability)

Jul 14, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #186 of 319
  Let me know how it goes! One of my buds was talking about selling me the HA-P50 for cheap, but I'm thinking I'd be willing to spend a bit more cash to get the one I really want.

(also considering the Pioneer XPA-700 - low price on that is about 348USD in Japan, which is only $49 more than the Oppo, though that XPA is more on the "boat anchor" end of the scale of portability)

Nothing beats auditioning it yourself. Sound is so subjective. I personally love the HA-P50 a lot for its warmth and clean sound, but some folks I know don't agree with me. Best that you can go to a local store near you to audition them.

Jul 20, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #189 of 319
  I wonder if anyone has paired HA-P50-B with UE Triple Fi and how the sound is like. Went through the posts and no one has mentioned this.

I find the treble "tamed" and the bottom end more pronounced. The mids are a little cleaner, but as compared to the other more neutral headphones/earphones, the Triple Fi does not really change much, nor benefit sonically when paired with the HA-P50. 

Jul 20, 2015 at 11:59 PM Post #190 of 319
I wonder if anyone has paired HA-P50-B with UE Triple Fi and how the sound is like. Went through the posts and no one has mentioned this.
I just did that. The Triple fi's are noslouch on their own but i really enjoyed them with my ha-p50-b. Bigger bass and smooth mids. Treble that was not too over the top. When i plugged in without tHe teac, it was like "Hey, put that back" Pretty much as kleefurd said above.

Aug 19, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #192 of 319
There are, but they are harder to find. Alternatively there are adapters in the market that converts "regular" square heads into your "round heads" used on consumer units. 

Sep 2, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #193 of 319
Hi

I have a couple of questions about the HA-P50:

Does the headphone output also act as a line out (or is it strictly headphones only)?

Would the HA-P50 sound better than a Fiio E12?

Many thanks

Martin

Sep 3, 2015 at 2:01 AM Post #194 of 319
Headphone out is exactly that, a headphone out, sure you could connect it to an amp, but that is double amping, will still work though. Btw any product that says to use the headphone out as a line out means the product does not have a true line out and they are asking you to double amp the signal, it's not a proper line out.

I would personally pick P50 over E12 because that's the sound I prefer, it's really just a matter of taste and what features you want.

Sep 3, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #195 of 319
  Headphone out is exactly that, a headphone out, sure you could connect it to an amp, but that is double amping, will still work though. Btw any product that says to use the headphone out as a line out means the product does not have a true line out and they are asking you to double amp the signal, it's not a proper line out.

I would personally pick P50 over E12 because that's the sound I prefer, it's really just a matter of taste and what features you want.

Thanks - I suspected as much, but can live without line out.

I can pick up a lightly used P50 for about the same cost as a new E12, but won't be able to hear before I buy.

I think I'll take a chance on the Teac.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back