New Swans M10 on my desk!
Mar 9, 2008 at 5:00 AM Post #17 of 26
I'm curious. The volume control is on the sub, but any sensible subwoofer would want to be on the ground, and those two facts don't seem to get along. Am I missing something?

Mar 9, 2008 at 5:12 AM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm curious. The volume control is on the sub, but any sensible subwoofer would want to be on the ground, and those two facts don't seem to get along. Am I missing something?

As the previous posts have stated, it seems like the sub is designed to be more of a woofer than a subwoofer in terms of placement.

Mar 9, 2008 at 6:06 PM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As the previous posts have stated, it seems like the sub is designed to be more of a woofer than a subwoofer in terms of placement.

x2. read my post! It's a woofer, and not a subwoofer. It won't shake your house, so if that's what you are looking for, stay clear. It works perfectly for someone sharing an apartment with somebody else, and can never really turn the sub too loud, or for people who just love great sound
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 9, 2008 at 6:10 PM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2. read my post!

Yeah, my mistake. I posted after only having read the first page.

Mar 9, 2008 at 7:33 PM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, my mistake. I posted after only having read the first page.

No problem. It actually gives you pretty thumping bass at higher volumes. It's just that with most similarly priced speakers, the subwoofers are ALWAYS thumping, but if you turn it down, there is absolutely no more bass. This thing is always providing punchy bass regardless of volume. When you turn up the volume the bass thump comes out.

Mar 13, 2008 at 3:49 AM Post #24 of 26
I recently purchased these too (a week ago). I wasn't impressed before break-in but after about 40 hours I already love them to bits.

I think there's plenty of bass, more than enough for people who enjoy lots of bass too.

I wonder if buying a higher quality RCA to 3.5 cable would make the SQ better? Since I hear it comes with cheap ones that I'm currently forced to use.

Apr 26, 2008 at 2:34 AM Post #26 of 26
Souperman
This speakers sound better than you ex HFI-780 (layer separation, tonality, etc) and has the same energy that them for rock and faster music?
What is the wattage of the woofer?
Thanks for answer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back