New Swans M10 on my desk!
Mar 8, 2008 at 11:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

souperman

Headphoneus Supremus
I just recently got these Swans. I can't believe how nice of a sound I'm getting out of these. Acoustical guitar music is so liquidy smooth. The woofer must go on your desk or you won't feel or hear it. However, if it is on your desk, there is enough and more bass for my rap and daft punk
tongue.gif
, and you can adjust the bass from the back. Rock music sounds WONDERFUL with the bass turned to half. Tight and punchy, and not overwhelming like my creative's.. Anybody looking for a LOT of bass steer away, but if you are looking for perfect bass for music, and not window shattering bass, these are AWESOME.

DSCN1304.jpg

DSCN1306.jpg

DSCN1310.jpg

Sorry about the crappy pics.

Mar 8, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #3 of 26
only $119 shipped from The Audio Insider. They beat the hell out of similarly priced (or more) logitech, creative, or klipsch speakers. Although most of those have a bigger subwoofer to give you that earth shattering bass, but I prefer not to have that as I have housemates, as I would imagine most people who live in houses do
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 8, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #6 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
only $119 shipped from The Audio Insider. They beat the hell out of similarly priced (or more) logitech, creative, or klipsch speakers. Although most of those have a bigger subwoofer to give you that earth shattering bass, but I prefer not to have that as I have housemates, as I would imagine most people who live in houses do
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah I like that better. I'm not a huge bass man. Nice tight bass is great, enough to make me bounce.... not so much. Wow but thats a great price. I was thinking of Klipshes but they are quite expensive.

Mar 9, 2008 at 12:02 AM Post #7 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef Medeski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I like that better. I'm not a huge bass man. Nice tight bass is great, enough to make me bounce.... not so much. Wow but thats a great price. I was thinking of Klipshes but they are quite expensive.

I don't know if you will be able to find the Swans in Canada. The Audio Insider is the only place in the US you can purchase them new ATM.

Mar 9, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #8 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know if you will be able to find the Swans in Canada. The Audio Insider is the only place in the US you can purchase them new ATM.

Oh crap. Thanks. I guess I'll have to wait till I come down to the states. Wasn't planning on buying anytime soon anyways.

Mar 9, 2008 at 1:25 AM Post #9 of 26
Quote:

Oh crap. Thanks. I guess I'll have to wait till I come down to the states. Wasn't planning on buying anytime soon anyways.

They might ship to Canada you never know. They are out of stock a lot too, so it's best to get them while they are in stock
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 9, 2008 at 1:41 AM Post #10 of 26
Do you find the bass too low on the ground even with the bass knob turned up all the way? Also does it make much sound when the source is paused, like do you really need to turn it off when you are not playing something?

Mar 9, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #11 of 26
Quote:

Do you find the bass too low on the ground even with the bass knob turned up all the way? Also does it make much sound when the source is paused, like do you really need to turn it off when you are not playing something?

No you do not. There is no noise when the source is paused. It is well designed. The bass is a bit shy when you put it on the ground, since it is not a true SUBwoofer. It is a woofer. The only time I turn it off is when I go to sleep because the blue light around the volume knob stays lit.

Mar 9, 2008 at 3:03 AM Post #13 of 26
Quote:

Alright thanks. Yeah now I really want it. I hope Speakers don't spiral into a similar obsession as my headphones.

Well, right now I'm finding that my speakers are getting more usage. Headphones really don't cut it when compared to speakers in my opinion.

Mar 9, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #14 of 26
I never sorta tried to get nice speakers. Just naturally headphones were a better fit. I think for the money and the usage, headphones are a better deal. Cause not only are they generally cheaper for the sound quality, but you can use them in more than one place.
smily_headphones1.gif

But still I need a pair of speakers now cause my laptop speakers are no longer cutting it but don't want to spend too much. These seem nice. But I swear if I end up going down the same path with headphones, I just dont have the money.... lol...

Mar 9, 2008 at 3:18 AM Post #15 of 26
DAAAAAYYYYUM that's pretty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back