New supraaural headphones from Thinksound: On1.
Nov 13, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #16 of 158

I look forward to hearing your review! Im pretty certain im gonna order a pair (when i have the extra funds) regardless of how the reviews are, unless they are across the board bad, which right now I see as impossible! From my experience with the tso1,fantasitc tso2 and a little with the ms01, if they are anything near the bang/buck value as those, ill be happy. I have owned a dozen or so of all sorts of $100-400 headphones (i know thats not many whatsoever compared to many of you guys) but after the tso2 I really dont feel the need to buy anymore in ears. Which is great. They just work so well with everything. They are the perfect on the go iem. I just love how lush and smooth they sound. Very fun and non fatiguing. I finally feel SATISFIED with a single pair. Which says a lot if you knew me. Also, its great how forgiving they are with lower bit rates, which I dont listen to much, but its nice to actually be able to do that. Lastly, you just cant beat there customer service. They have a lifelong customer in me thats fosho. 

Please post your thoughts on the On1 after you test drive them!!! 

ps.. to jupitreas, I just dont see the cheapness  that you do. Look pretty solid to me :/

Nov 13, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #19 of 158

Oh no!!!! Thats terrible. Hope you can track it down man! Good luck! 

Well, they just arrived today and I've had a chance to give them a brief pre- burn in listen, but I'm suspending any critical judgements until they've had at least an hour or two to burn in, which means after I get home from work tonight. The one thing that I will say is that both the bass and especially the soundstage are very, umm... large. So far they are sounding very much like the ms01 on performance enhancing drugs, which, too me, can only be a wonderful thing.

Nov 13, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #20 of 158
So you're thinking they have unnatural or enhanced bass?  I've been eyeballing these but waiting for a review, hoping for a neutral sound.  I enjoy my ts-02 b/c they're more neutral than my bass heavy ts-01, but they both kick ass on the Sennheiser's I had.  So I look forward to your feedback.

I echo the support of Thinksound.  Customer support is awesome.  Eco-friendly design is spot on as well.

Nov 13, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #21 of 158
  So you're thinking they have unnatural or enhanced bass?  I've been eyeballing these but waiting for a review, hoping for a neutral sound.  I enjoy my ts-02 b/c they're more neutral than my bass heavy ts-01, but they both kick ass on the Sennheiser's I had.  So I look forward to your feedback.

I echo the support of Thinksound.  Customer support is awesome.  Eco-friendly design is spot on as well.

The bass, from what I've been able to see so far seems to be very chameleonic (to borrow a term from David Mahler's Battle of the Flagships thread). It accommodates whatever the particular song seems to call for. My first listen was of a dubstep song (Bassnectar's Timestretch) which has a very huge, expansive sounding bassline, and the on1 without any burn in whatsoever immediately stepped up to the plate with it. Further listening with different genres presented the bass as being much more controlled and reigned in. If anything definitive can be said about the bass performance alone of this headphone, it's that it has phenomenal extension, and that's as far as I'm going for right now.

I've owned both the ts02 and the ms01 and I can tell you that the ms01 is a further evolution from the ts02 towards neutrality. It makes the ts02 sound dark and almost veiled by comparison. The on1 is showing itself to be very similar to the overall sound signature of the on1, but until it's had some burn in and I've had the opportunity to do some critical and comparative listening I'm not going to make any more definitive statements about its performance.

Nov 17, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #23 of 158
I have a pair already, yes. They are gorgeous and for less than a week of breaking them down, they are incredibly comfortable and musical . The bass goes down really low like a subwoofer and the preservation of a neutral midrange and super transient top end makes these headphones supremo.

Nov 17, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #24 of 158
I have a pair already, yes. They are gorgeous and for less than a week of breaking them down, they are incredibly comfortable and musical . The bass goes down really low like a subwoofer and the preservation of a neutral midrange and super transient top end makes these headphones supremo.

That's actually a pretty good synopsis of their sound signature. I've noticed over the past few days the mids have really evened out. The upper mids no longer sound forward to my ears which brings attention to the beautiful treble that I managed to overlook in my review.

Nov 20, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #25 of 158
Good to hear, I love my Rains. I have M50's that were a lot to me at $150 but selling those would get me close to halfway to a pair of these!

Nov 26, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #26 of 158
Listened to these, definitely worth the price.

Very smooth and clean treble,punchy bass and silky mids combined with a huge soundstage and comfy pads add up to a winner.

Not a fan of over ears but willing to make an exception for these.

Nov 29, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #27 of 158
Just note until Dec 2 you can use the promo code TAKE20  to get 20% off ($60)! 

Dec 7, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #28 of 158
So I have the On1 now. Been pumping FLACs through Nuforce and Audioengine D1 DACs. Initial problems w/ foam pads not being mounted adequately from the factory. Thinksound helped me out quickly w/ advice to simply screw them til they clicked, which worked. Thinksound is exemplary in this area as fans all know. On to the sound...bass is excellent. However, how they sit on your ears is imperative and I think more clamping force to get a proper seal would help the bass quite a bit. The earcups are a bit floppy, but it's not a problem once you get them snug against your ears. Regretfully, I admit to not loving the treble so much. I'm comparing them to my ESW9 and finding the On1 to be somewhat tinny or metallic when reproducing female voices and cymbals, in a variety of recordings. These things are bright. ESW9 seems warmer in this realm. I don't believe in "burn in" really, so I'm thinking slightly hot treble will just be the nature of the On1 unless they magically mellow out. I can live w/ it, but they won't replace my ESW9.

Dec 9, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #29 of 158
  So I have the On1 now. Been pumping FLACs through Nuforce and Audioengine D1 DACs. Initial problems w/ foam pads not being mounted adequately from the factory. Thinksound helped me out quickly w/ advice to simply screw them til they clicked, which worked. Thinksound is exemplary in this area as fans all know. On to the sound...bass is excellent. However, how they sit on your ears is imperative and I think more clamping force to get a proper seal would help the bass quite a bit. The earcups are a bit floppy, but it's not a problem once you get them snug against your ears. Regretfully, I admit to not loving the treble so much. I'm comparing them to my ESW9 and finding the On1 to be somewhat tinny or metallic when reproducing female voices and cymbals, in a variety of recordings. These things are bright. ESW9 seems warmer in this realm. I don't believe in "burn in" really, so I'm thinking slightly hot treble will just be the nature of the On1 unless they magically mellow out. I can live w/ it, but they won't replace my ESW9.

I've had mine for almost a month now and I can happily report to you that the treble does magically mellow out after about 24 hours.

Jan 3, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #30 of 158
I have them on my ears now. The sound is full, rich, and refined! Magnificent! The sound seem almost bigger than the body of the headphone itself. This is before any type of burn-in. Right now I'm fully impressed! More detailed and broader impressions to come. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back