New: Sunrise Sw-Xcape Ver 2
Feb 22, 2011 at 5:29 AM Post #107 of 179
That's why I am looking for confirmation. I have seen the vice virsa with m50's. Well what I was trying to say is the bass response is not that deep as it was used to be right out of the box.

Feb 22, 2011 at 5:57 AM Post #108 of 179

Quote:
That's why I am looking for confirmation. I have seen the vice virsa with m50's. Well what I was trying to say is the bass response is not that deep as it was used to be right out of the box.

maybe it was not properly burned in
a lot of factors come into play like using brown/pink/white noise and constant frequency sweeps
it highly affects the change of sound during the first 20 hours

Feb 22, 2011 at 6:06 AM Post #109 of 179
My burn in method for my previous 3 iem/cans was to let them play random music from my library and continuous pink noise for 5-6 hours followed by 1 hour breaks. This cycle goes for 100 hours.

Anyway, I am not saying bass response is worse now please don't get it wrong. It is actually better to my ears.

Feb 23, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #112 of 179
Ok i have been a head-fi lurker here but it's been so long since the version 2 is released that I have to sign up here hoping to expediete a review/ comparison review a little.

Just a heads up, if any of my Singaporean friends are looking, lendmeurears.com is having a loaner program for ppl in Singapore for V1 n V2!!! So someone please join! I wanna see more reviews!!!! :D

The link is here:
http://www.facebook.com/notes.php?id=122021407861298&notes_tab=app_2347471856

Feb 23, 2011 at 10:34 PM Post #113 of 179

I'm definitely noticing this too. I have about 55 hours of burn in so far using pink noise and shuffling songs on my iPod.

Quote:
It is amazing to see how the bass response has changed so far. But this change may not satisfy everyone since some are looking for more bass response in v2 while others wants it to stay as it was. Anyway, bass has lost a bit (actually more than a bit) of fullness and extension yet still controlled, detailed and now more balanced & smooth I would say.

Mar 2, 2011 at 2:24 AM Post #117 of 179
I just got these headphones yesterday.

At first they were tight and the bass was muffled.  I let them burn in for 24 hours now and they really have opened up.  The bass is excellent and I can hear more detail in my music versus the klipsch s4 and cx 500's.

Mar 3, 2011 at 7:43 AM Post #118 of 179
127 Hours of burn-in as I write this haha
etysmile.gif

23 more hours until I reach the recommended 150. Although to be honest, I'm pretty satisfied with how they sound already. So I'm not sure how much improvement can be made with another day's worth of burn-in. We'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back