New: Sunrise Sw-Xcape Ver 2
Feb 10, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #61 of 179

Quote:
Quote:
I really like my Xcape V1's. I've been burning them in every night using a variety of burn in tracks I found at burninwave dot com website and they are sounding better and better every day.

As far as build quality, I think that anyone buying an Xcape or RE0 should expect to get average to below average build quality. If you take care of them they will last, but don't expect more than a year or two before something breaks. The changes to build quality in the V2 look nice, but I don't believe they make much of a difference because the main issues (L jack, Y split) only have cosmetic differences and structurally they are about the same as the V1.

For anyone interested in seeing an unboxing of the Xcape v1, I couldn't find one on youtube so I put one up. Just youtube Sunrise Audio SW-Xcape

Sigh... that was the main thing that concerned me... Why should I pay $100 for a pair of RE0 or SW-Xcape, if they will only last me as long as my M9's did (jack broke after year, sent away for warranty)

Oh and I was about to congratulate you for having the first video of the Xcape's on the internet, but:
"This video has been removed by the user.
Sorry about that."

I think some of you are very, very careless.
A case helps them last, which they don't come with but a generic one can be had for under $2USD shipped from fleabay.

Feb 10, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #63 of 179
Ordered a pair on Fischer Audio Externas. I wanted something for the gym and a little but for fun sounding.

Feb 11, 2011 at 9:12 AM Post #65 of 179
I've just found this link from google youtube.

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
I really like my Xcape V1's. I've been burning them in every night using a variety of burn in tracks I found at burninwave dot com website and they are sounding better and better every day.

As far as build quality, I think that anyone buying an Xcape or RE0 should expect to get average to below average build quality. If you take care of them they will last, but don't expect more than a year or two before something breaks. The changes to build quality in the V2 look nice, but I don't believe they make much of a difference because the main issues (L jack, Y split) only have cosmetic differences and structurally they are about the same as the V1.

For anyone interested in seeing an unboxing of the Xcape v1, I couldn't find one on youtube so I put one up. Just youtube Sunrise Audio SW-Xcape

Sigh... that was the main thing that concerned me... Why should I pay $100 for a pair of RE0 or SW-Xcape, if they will only last me as long as my M9's did (jack broke after year, sent away for warranty)

Oh and I was about to congratulate you for having the first video of the Xcape's on the internet, but:
"This video has been removed by the user.
Sorry about that."

I think some of you are very, very careless.
A case helps them last, which they don't come with but a generic one can be had for under $2USD shipped from fleabay.

Feb 12, 2011 at 11:40 AM Post #68 of 179
I just got Xcapes V2's.  I don't have any experience with the v1's or any other IEM's so I can't really review or compare. 

But the little clamshell case it comes with is very awesome!!! Though it does look a little like my girlfriend's compact for her makeup

PS:  I ordered from Budgen audio, had no issues at all.  Order processed 2/6, arrived 2/11

Feb 13, 2011 at 3:18 AM Post #69 of 179
I have to say, the loss of the the tapered sound tube is a significant drawback IMO.  That gave the V1 an isolation and comfort advantage over its competitors.  The new signature also reads like they are targeting the 262 sound.  Could be wrong.

Feb 13, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #70 of 179

Quote:
I have to say, the loss of the the tapered sound tube is a significant drawback IMO.  That gave the V1 an isolation and comfort advantage over its competitors.  The new signature also reads like they are targeting the 262 sound.  Could be wrong.

So would you you say the isolation in the V2 is poor?

Feb 13, 2011 at 2:40 PM Post #71 of 179
Well he hasn't gotten a chance at those but I agree and know were he's coming from. The previous housing was very very good comfort wise, also adding bass while retaining that clarity is not as great as it sounds. There's always compromises unless there's some innovation, V2  may be more of a sidestep than upgrade for some people. 

Feb 13, 2011 at 2:40 PM Post #72 of 179

Quote:
Quote:

So would you you say the isolation in the V2 is poor?

Haven't heard the V2, just commenting on the V1.  I can say though that the V2 couldn't possibly isolate better unless it is unvented or unported.

Feb 16, 2011 at 2:40 PM Post #74 of 179
Okay, for those of you as curious as I am, I received a PM response from ClieOS regarding the Sunrise Xcape V2.

Quote:
Xcape V1 and V2 do sound quite different, at least enough to be noticeable and I won't consider them to be the same sound signature.

I think I'm going to wait until extensive reviews are out, especially Joker's impressions, as we seem to have the same taste in headphones.

Feb 16, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #75 of 179
Received my V2 today. 
It was sent on the 5th to singpost. On the 7th, singpost posted it to Australia and today is the 17th, so 12 days in total. 

Box was a bit banged up but that's okay.
Right now I'm just glad I got it since the tracking didn't work on the Auspost site. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back