new Sony XB50 & XB70
Mar 3, 2014 at 5:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 69

radiohead14

Head-Fier
Mar 3, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #2 of 69
That's lame as the 70's price is $50 but such is the import game. Things that come here are just gonna be priced higher at least until they drop in the case of Sony. You do get faster delivery since it is closer and warranty w/less hassle if needed.

I thought I read the XB60EX is discontinued so maybe the 70 will follow here soon.

Mar 3, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #3 of 69
  That's lame as the 70's price is $50 but such is the import game. Things that come here are just gonna be priced higher at least until they drop in the case of Sony. You do get faster delivery since it is closer and warranty w/less hassle if needed.

I thought I read the XB60EX is discontinued so maybe the 70 will follow here soon.

converting the yen.. the XB70 is about $70: http://pur.store.sony.jp/Qnavi/Purchase/MDR-XB70/

the XB50 is $50 here tho.

EDIT: here are some reviews comparing it to the XB90.. but i just translated via google, so it's hard to understand...

http://review.kakaku.com/review/J0000011604/#tab

Mar 12, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #8 of 69
I just picked up a refurb pair of xb60ex earlier today, not sure if I got a good deal or not.  I'd be curious how the new ones fair against the older, especially considering how the new headphone models, at first at least, were not well received.  I haven't looked into those for awhile, so I'm not sure if opinions have increased or remained pretty much the same.

Mar 13, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #9 of 69
  I just picked up a refurb pair of xb60ex earlier today, not sure if I got a good deal or not.  I'd be curious how the new ones fair against the older, especially considering how the new headphone models, at first at least, were not well received.  I haven't looked into those for awhile, so I'm not sure if opinions have increased or remained pretty much the same.

yea curious as well, as i loved my XB90. i don't think anyone has tried these new XB's yet tho. never got to try the XB60, so i can't compare how it is to the XB90. how are you liking them so far?

Mar 13, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #12 of 69

yea curious as well, as i loved my XB90. i don't think anyone has tried these new XB's yet tho. never got to try the XB60, so i can't compare how it is to the XB90. how are you liking them so far?

I haven't really been able to give them a real try yet.  I wasn't getting a particularly good fit with any of the tips, so I went and picked up some comply for now, just about to sit down and give em a listen.  I wonder if they'll sound similar to my xb500.

On a more amusing note, where I got the xb60ex had some xb500 refurbs...  they wanted $200 for them, altho there was a sale going on, so would have been marked down a bit.

Well, about 20 mins in on listening to the xb60ex using Deadmau5 4x4=12 Continuous Mix...  I have to laugh, I can feel the inside of my ear vibrate.  I'm not using a good amp or anything, just Rockbox Clip Zip -> Fiio E6 with the bass boost on -> xb60ex.  So if you're wanting a micro-earthquake machine for your ears, I think this'll do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back