new Sony XB50 & XB70
May 6, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #31 of 69
ok.. decided to just get the XB50, as they're $27 here with my work discount. i must say, they're really good for the price. does remind me a bit of my XB90.. differences being less clarity, a bit more bloat, and if you have a less than stellar track quality.. lets the hiss through more. but for the price i paid.. def worth it. it's also surprisingly comfortable. i commute here in NYC a lot, and my Sennheiser IE80 is not ideal for a lot of walking and subway rides, so these XB50s will be my commute IEM for now.

Jun 10, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #37 of 69
Do the 50's and 90's have metal too?

I must admit I still am interested in the 90's as they look cool, are only in Japan and have that huge 16mm driver, also I only have my xba30 which is dynamic so I am curious to hear how a HQ dynamic sounds as I never had one.

Jun 10, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #38 of 69
Do the 50's and 90's have metal too?

I must admit I still am interested in the 90's as they look cool, are only in Japan and have that huge 16mm driver, also I only have my xba30 which is dynamic so I am curious to hear how a HQ dynamic sounds as I never had one.

The 50s are plastic, but look metal. I think the 90s look pretty awesome :) don't know much about them though. might be worth getting over the 70s for the exclusivity lol.

Jun 10, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #39 of 69
Yup I made my choice, the 90's are next, 16mm, cool looking exclusive and nothing but good things said about them.

I also want the ex600 but I am not sure about them just yet, I really wish I could find a pair to sample.

Jun 11, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #41 of 69

Apparently the XB70 are the best sounding of the three. Similar signature to the XB90, but a smoother overall with tighter bass. But, thats just what I've read so take it with a grain of salt :p

Hmmmm i dunno.

I tried them and personally feel XB50 and 70 are far inferior to the XB90 in terms of clarity and extensions.

I'm a little disappointed as I thought they were meant to be updates to the very well-received XB90.

Jun 11, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #44 of 69
When the xb600 came out, there was similar disappointment vs the xb500.

Well sometimes it's about an honest change in sound character departing from the previous, which makes some of us unable to accept the unexpected result.
Other times it's simply a step back in terms of sound quality.

Methinks there is a need to be prudent in deciding between the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back