NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
Jun 13, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #3,526 of 4,019
Quote:
Japanese version does not have an English menu! you have the European version, comrade!

I do.  I own a special unit with an English menu.  Don't get jealous of me now b/c mine also play Atrac Advanced Lossless and have a noise canceling, and line-in recording features.  I paid $$$$ for it from a guy who got it direct from the Sony Factory in Malaysia.  My A867 sounded identical to the US A865 that I have.  It is a gem...small and very powerful. Oh, I owned the A867 Euro, A867 Jap, and A865 US at the same time as well.  Now I only have the A867 Jap.

Jun 13, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #3,527 of 4,019
Quote:
So, the A867 Japan sounds as good as the Z?
confused_face_2.gif

They are comparable.  The A867 Japan or A865 US have less bass than the Z but as robust in the lowest octaves.  It has slightly darker sound and more laid back presentation.  It is depending on the system matching really.  The A86x units are also featured the  "S-Master Pro Mx" Digital amplifier engine like the Z10x0 & F80x series.

Jun 13, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #3,528 of 4,019
So, the A867 Japan sounds as good as the Z? :confused_face_2:

In version Z there is no sound at all! From my point of view, it is very large in size, and not for the music, he does, and for viewing movies, movies, youtube and toys. An analogue iple touch . , it's not the player.

Jun 13, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #3,529 of 4,019
Quote:
In version Z there is no sound at all! From my point of view, it is very large in size, and not for the music, he does, and for viewing movies, movies, youtube and toys. An analogue iple touch . , it's not the player.

"no sound at all!!!" = ??  You are one of the very few people who dislike the Z.  You may dislike its signature compared to the A but to call it bad is less than generous.  It is all about matching with your phones of choice.  I could see those who prefer more energetic sound and more bass output preferring the Z over both the F and the A.  Still, the three walkmans are on the same level of performance...just a side-step of one another.  For instance, I the Z & A are more alike than the F to Z & A.

Jun 13, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #3,530 of 4,019
"no sound at all!!!" = ??  You are one of the very few people who dislike the Z.  You may dislike its signature compared to the A but to call it bad is less than generous.  It is all about matching with your phones of choice.  I could see those who prefer more energetic sound and more bass output preferring the Z over both the F and the A.  Still, the three walkmans are on the same level of performance...just a side-step of one another.  For instance, I the Z & A are more alike than the F to Z & A.

I have no desire to argue with you! but as I said in my post above is not present in Z even acceptable sound! If you think otherwise then it's your problem!

Jun 13, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #3,531 of 4,019
Quote:
I have no desire to argue with you! but as I said in my post above is not present in Z even acceptable sound! If you think otherwise then it's your problem!

How can it be my problem when I like mine just fine.   
beerchug.gif

Seriously speaking, why do you dislike the sound of your Z as you never provided any explanation against the A865?

Jun 13, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #3,532 of 4,019
How can it be my problem when I like mine just fine.   
beerchug.gif

Seriously speaking, why do you dislike the sound of your Z as you never provided any explanation against the A865?

A865 have elastic bass and high volume, Z version and the Japanese and European space-occupying lesions has more bass, and on some tracks he croaks! and the volume of the sound is much less than a865, such as Z in the old 80's songs have to put the volume to the maximum! is that it generally is not enough!
I bought a player the size of a brick! but the sound of it as brick of a toilet!

Jun 13, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #3,534 of 4,019
  1. [img]http://cdn.head-fi.org/3/3f/100x100px-LS-3fdfc0aa_avatar-120-7.jpg[/img]
  1. OttoSaraLe
  2. badge_junior.v1371157702.png
  4. online
  1. 1 Post. Joined 6/2013

<<<<<<<< NO Sound through In-Built Speaker System. >>>>>>>>>>>
No sound in :  Music, Video, Games, FM Radio, "taps", Sound tip's etc...
((All sound "NO LISTEN  in through In-Built Speaker System.))
In EarPhones, ALL OK, I listen ALL Song's, very nice !! VERY GOOD !!!!!!
Thank God !!

One of the <<<THE BEST ITEM >> that the staff speaks very well on you-tube
and Reviews, in the Network... RAVE ABOUT and PRAISING the Item
 SPEAKER-OUT - But ... in my Player ((In Working)) only, Out-Earphones.

Tap the  (Menu) button with the Home screen displayed, then tap [
Settings] - [ Sound]    All OK, no problem (((( tried that)) This Topic
(((is no sucessul: )))

To adjust the volume by the settings menu  (( tried that)) This Topic (((is
no sucessul: )))
Settings] - [ Sound] - [Volume].  (( tried that)) This Topic (((is no
sucessul: )))

Drag the slider to adjust the individual volumes, then tap [OK].    All OK,
no problem  (( tried that)) This Topic (((is no sucessul: )))

You can reset your "WALKMAN" if operations become unstable.
Press the RESET button with the end of a pin or other narrow object.
Note
To reset your "WALKMAN" safely, make sure that a song or a video is not
being played before pressing the RESET button. (( tried that)) This Topic
(((is no sucessul: )))

Initializing
Delete data such as Google account information and downloaded applications,
and reset your "WALKMAN" to factory default.
Settings] - [ Privacy] - [Factory data reset] - [Reset device].
To delete music and photos transferred to your "WALKMAN," tap [Erase USB
storage] and put a check in the checkbox.
Tap [Erase everything].
Your "WALKMAN" restarts automatically after being initialized.
==========  (( tried that)) This Topic (((is no sucessul: ))) ============

I've already set all the sound settings of the player.
I only have sound (great) with headphones or earphones.

My Sony Walkman NWZ-Z1060, have
(default - Original) Version of Android 2.3.4 - Kernel
2.6.36.3-walkman@build05 #1
FIRMWARE is : Build nº 1.00.0009.
E      NWZ-Z1060/BC3
Fab: 2012-04
P-17051516-8
SO1-6601303-5
POS BAR CODE
POS UTILISATEUR
Sony Corporation China - KCC-CMI-SOK-NWZ-Z1000
(No use in Japan, for tourist)

====> I use Button ((Reset)) does not solve the problem ...

Today I realized UPDATE the latest available firmware = Version: 2.01 ...

After firmware upgrade (Everything went fine, no errors, = In UpDate = OK)
was:
[size=11pt]2.01.0009[/size]
[size=11pt]Modelo:[/size]
[size=11pt]NWZ-Z1000Series[/size]
[size=11pt]Versão do Android:[/size]
[size=11pt]4.04[/size]
[size=11pt]Versão Kernel:[/size]
[size=11pt]2.6.39.4[/size]
[size=11pt]release@build06 # 1[/size]
[size=11pt]Versão WM-PORT[/size]
[size=11pt]1.2[/size]
[size=11pt]Número de compilação[/size]
[size=11pt]2.01.0009[/size]

[size=11pt]Número de série[/size]
[size=11pt]6601303[/size]

====> The result of the update ==>> <<<<<<<< NO Sound through In-Built Speaker System. >>>>>>>>>>>
Anyone have any ideas?
Does the Cable In the NWZ, the Flat-Cable of the Speaker?

confused_face_2.gif

Thank you.
Otto Moreira
Brazil - South America
My personal e-mail is => ottomoreira@terra.com.br

Jun 14, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #3,536 of 4,019
Quote:

Funnily, obscurely - I agree - I personally do not rate the headphone out of the Z - never have (as my earlier posts in this thread will attest) - Yes, I have an EU player, but - the crippling isn't as bad as it could be...

However, running through the line out, and - with a subtle bit of EQ'ing (and I mean subtle!!) on Neutron MP, it sounds more than good...

I still maintain that S-Master MX is not as good as the original S-Master, however - I am in the minority here, which I accept ;o)

Jun 14, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #3,537 of 4,019
Guys do not listen to the opinions of owners Sony "Z" Japanese and European version of this **** is **** sound player!
I made a detailed comparison of their Japanese and European versions! Both players have crappy sound! and an increase in the volume of the distortion bass!
THIS IS THE BEST PLAYER A865!
:)

Kvud, I've read your follow up posts since this one, and it appears that English is not your first language so I will excuse you a little. But as a happy owner of a Japanese version of the Z I found your post somewhat offensive. You are perfectly entitled to a differing view but to implore readers to ignore me and my fellow devotees of the Z suggests my opinion doesn't count. Not only that but your use of bold letters shouts it out as well. Please reconsider how you post.

And for the record I don't agree with your opinion about the Z and find it not only a great DAP with very good sound and adequate volume with both its supplied earphones but most of my higher quality ones but with its added Android features makes a practical and enjoyable device. EG its FM radio is nice but the ability to add Internet Radio and streaming services like Rhapsody and Pandora just adds icing on an already sweet cake.

Jun 14, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #3,538 of 4,019
Kvud, I've read your follow up posts since this one, and it appears that English is not your first language so I will excuse you a little

-the translator does not have words like me to tell you how much this ****!
-this great player can not even give me an acceptable sound!
-I tested the digital output of the amplifier fiio E17. the result is negative.
-I'll be looking in the direction of "F" but I think that is a whole as well as "F": С ума:
-the bad thing is that Sony started releasing their Walkman on android! This player is "Z" disappointed me very much!: С ума:

Jun 14, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #3,539 of 4,019
-the translator does not have words like me to tell you how much this ****!
-this great player can not even give me an acceptable sound!
-I tested the digital output of the amplifier fiio E17. the result is negative.
-I'll be looking in the direction of "F" but I think that is a whole as well as "F": С ума:
-the bad thing is that Sony started releasing their Walkman on android! This player is "Z" disappointed me very much!: С ума:

Dear sir, I have a suggestion for you:
-Go bang your head in the wall rather than the keyboard.

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back