NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
Jun 12, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #3,512 of 4,019
Quote:
Any comparisons with HiFiman 601, HSA Studio or iTouch 5G?

I compared it with the iTouch 4G and the Z walkman is substantially better in sound quality.  Can't say for the 5G.

Jun 12, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #3,513 of 4,019
I was having iTouch 4G and NWZ S760 at the same time a year ago. Apple has more details, but Walkman has more pleasant sounding + deeper soundstage and better instrumental separation. iPod has more power and loudness.
New iTouch is very similar to HSA Studio, it has a lot of details, but bad deepness in soundstage term. Sound is very good i was really surprised and impressed, lot of similarity to cd-players and that is great. Very clear and fast sound.

Jun 12, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #3,514 of 4,019
Does anybody know how this compares the the Cowon Z2 with regard to sound quality and maybe functionality as well? It looks pretty gorgeous but for a cheaper price you can get the acclaimed Cowon Z2 with a microSD slot so you can expand the memory with a cheap fast $15ish card.

Jun 12, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #3,515 of 4,019
Quote:
Does anybody knows how the Z compares to the X in terms of sound quality? For me the X is the best sounding Sony DAP ever. But I haven't listen to the Z yet.

Unfortunately - even with me being one of the biggest advocators of the X series, I have to concede defeat, and say that these days I only use the Z...

The vinyl-esque sound of the X is good (and I still maintain that the older S-Master - pre 'MX' is better), but overall, it loses out - especially as the batteries are all getting old / tired in those players now...

To put it in a clichéd analogy, the X series is to BMW as the Z series is to Ferrari, both do the same fundamental job, and the X is more of an all-purpose (soundwise) unit, but the Z offers a performance outside of what the X can... 

Jun 12, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #3,516 of 4,019
Thank You!
That did the trick. I didnt know you could swipe again to the left to the 'All Apps' screen.
Quote:
Go to Settings, scroll down to Apps, there you'll find a menu with Downloaded apps, running apps, and if you swipe to the left it will bring "All" apps menu out.

There is a list of all existing aplications on the device, look down for "Google Search", click it and it'll show several options, one of them being Stop, and the other being disable. Click both and it will disable the search widget.

Jun 12, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #3,517 of 4,019
I purchased the X when it was on clearance in Sony store. Compared to the ipod touch (at that time) it was inferior to me. Just because of the small screen leaving out the sound. Ever since then, I've barely used it even to listen to music. But with the newer walkman esp the Z, it out performs both X & ipod touch. Its not just the sound, but the size & vividness of the screen just makes me wish the batteries were replaceable. But at some point it will wither away. (from charge cycles)

Jun 13, 2013 at 3:06 AM Post #3,518 of 4,019
I want to put the old firmware 2.000! how do I do this? I downloaded, but I can not install!

Jun 13, 2013 at 6:04 AM Post #3,519 of 4,019
Quote:
I purchased the X when it was on clearance in Sony store. Compared to the ipod touch (at that time) it was inferior to me. Just because of the small screen leaving out the sound. Ever since then, I've barely used it even to listen to music. But with the newer walkman esp the Z, it out performs both X & ipod touch. Its not just the sound, but the size & vividness of the screen just makes me wish the batteries were replaceable. But at some point it will wither away. (from charge cycles)

There are pics of the innards of the Walkman Z linked from this thread http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68564 - doesn't look like battery replacement should be impossible - just need a battery with the right voltage, size, capacity.

Cheers,

Andy

Jun 13, 2013 at 7:27 AM Post #3,520 of 4,019
Guys do not listen to the opinions of owners Sony "Z" Japanese and European version of this **** is **** sound player!
I made a detailed comparison of their Japanese and European versions! Both players have crappy sound! and an increase in the volume of the distortion bass!
THIS IS THE BEST PLAYER A865!
:)

Jun 13, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #3,522 of 4,019
Quote:
Guys do not listen to the opinions of owners Sony "Z" Japanese and European version of this **** is **** sound player!
I made a detailed comparison of their Japanese and European versions! Both players have crappy sound! and an increase in the volume of the distortion bass!
THIS IS THE BEST PLAYER A865!
smily_headphones1.gif

All well and good, but - where it falls apart is if you want to play FLAC / AIFF etc :frowning2:

Jun 13, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #3,523 of 4,019
All well and good, but - where it falls apart is if you want to play FLAC / AIFF etc :frowning2:

- I tested it with flac and mp3 320, the result of one! sound ****! and if you add an amplifier E17 then turns increased ****!
- Money spent on the Japanese believe that went in the trash, except that received the extra 25 GB!
- The two-player detail compared to the latest firmware _V2_01_0000
- Another time, I think 1000 times before buying that ****! a great player, and the sound of a toilet!
- guys sorry for my posts, I'm just disappointed that the dermis and can not contain the emotions, I thought that I would be happy to buy the Japanese version as I have always believed that the European differ from the Japanese + also bought crystal case.

Jun 13, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #3,524 of 4,019
Quote:
- I tested it with flac and mp3 320, the result of one! sound ****! and if you add an amplifier E17 then turns increased ****!
- Money spent on the Japanese believe that went in the trash, except that received the extra 25 GB!
- The two-player detail compared to the latest firmware _V2_01_0000
- Another time, I think 1000 times before buying that ****! a great player, and the sound of a toilet!
- guys sorry for my posts, I'm just disappointed that the dermis and can not contain the emotions, I thought that I would be happy to buy the Japanese version as I have always believed that the European differ from the Japanese + also bought crystal case.

Funny how we all hear differenctly.  I have the A867 Japan (with an English menu) and I don't prefer the sound of Z1070 Japan version to it.  I rate the two units as being on par with one another while the F walkman being slightly better through my JH13pro CIEM.  Comparison was made using ATRAC Advanced Lossless on all player including FLAC on the Z1070 & F807. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back