NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
May 12, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #3,407 of 4,019
one thing i want to ask you guys,since i am saving up for a pmp and a headphone and amp (tentative)
does z1070 need amp to drive the sennheiser amperior ?
ipod touch paired with amp vs z1070 with amp will have any difference in sound quality?

i am newbie in the world of music
it would be my first costly purchase

May 12, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #3,408 of 4,019
Quote:
one thing i want to ask you guys,since i am saving up for a pmp and a headphone and amp (tentative)
does z1070 need amp to drive the sennheiser amperior ?
ipod touch paired with amp vs z1070 with amp will have any difference in sound quality?

i am newbie in the world of music
it would be my first costly purchase

Depends on your ears. For me the Walkman has a fuller and warmer output compared to the iPod. The Amperiors do require an amp. I'd suggest you go for HD 25-1 II and pair them with an amp.

May 12, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #3,409 of 4,019
hd 25 -1- ii cost same as amperior in my country

I would like to have a bassier output but base should not oveshadow the vocals and other sounds.

Can u suugest some decent amp for amperior

one last query does all the pmp sound same if paired with amp (since the internal dac is bypassed) ?

May 12, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #3,410 of 4,019
Quote:
hd 25 -1- ii cost same as amperior in my country

I would like to have a bassier output but base should not oveshadow the vocals and other sounds.

Can u suugest some decent amp for amperior

one last query does all the pmp sound same if paired with amp (since the internal dac is bypassed) ?

Moving a little off-topic, are we?

May 12, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #3,411 of 4,019
Still talking Z as I see it. I have a Z-1070 and it drives the HD25-1 II very well. I did try the Amperiors but I found them too warm and lacking clarity of the HD25 and the bass too much mid bass boom. But that is purely personal I guess.

However the Z does not drive my 300ohm HD600s well at all and I think anything over about 100-130 ohms would not be suitable for the Z-1070.

May 15, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #3,413 of 4,019
*I think to sell your music player, and buy the Japanese version, but I want to ask again, are you sure that the Japanese version will sound better and louder than my old x1050?
*if anyone of you that has put the update on the Japanese version, please tell us what has changed in the sound?

May 15, 2013 at 3:39 AM Post #3,414 of 4,019
Quote:
*I think to sell your music player, and buy the Japanese version, but I want to ask again, are you sure that the Japanese version will sound better and louder than my old x1050?
*if anyone of you that has put the update on the Japanese version, please tell us what has changed in the sound?

Dude, just close your eyes and GO for it!!!

May 15, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #3,415 of 4,019
A couple of weeks ago, I got a 32GB Z-1060 from the trading forum of Head-Fi and I absolutely love it - it has replaced my CF-modded iRiver H120 - optical-out - Fiio E17 DAC combo for all my listening sessions.

I have a lot of music and I would like to get a 64GB version (I'd also like to try the ATRAC encoding that the Japanese models can use) - but I have a question; there is also a 64GB version of the F-series players (the NW-F807) - does it sound the same as the Z-1070?

The F-series seems to have a couple of advantages - it is a little smaller and the imported ones on ebay etc seem a bit cheaper the the Z-1070 but I would hate to miss-out on the brilliant sound my Z model has.

I've also placed this question in the F-series thread

I would appreciate any input.

Cheers,

Andy

May 15, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #3,416 of 4,019
Quote:
A couple of weeks ago, I got a 32GB Z-1060 from the trading forum of Head-Fi and I absolutely love it - it has replaced my CF-modded iRiver H120 - optical-out - Fiio E17 DAC combo for all my listening sessions.

I have a lot of music and I would like to get a 64GB version (I'd also like to try the ATRAC encoding that the Japanese models can use) - but I have a question; there is also a 64GB version of the F-series players (the NW-F807) - does it sound the same as the Z-1070?

The F-series seems to have a couple of advantages - it is a little smaller and the imported ones on ebay etc seem a bit cheaper the the Z-1070 but I would hate to miss-out on the brilliant sound my Z model has.

I've also placed this question in the F-series thread

I would appreciate any input.

Cheers,

Andy

The F has more soundstage and a flatter frequency spectrum. It has a bit tighter bass also.
The Z's sound signature is however, more "enjoyable" because of a warm touch to it.

May 15, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #3,419 of 4,019
Quote:
I hope the F has better viewing angles, if the Z's build quality was not so great I'd have thought mine was a knock off.

Well, my F is the special version so it has excellent build quality.  The Z paint starts to chip around top & bottom corners on mine.  I love my F.

May 16, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #3,420 of 4,019
Quote:

Well, my F is the special version so it has excellent build quality.  The Z paint starts to chip around top & bottom corners on mine.  I love my F.

Other way around for me. Can't think of another small handheld device than my red Z with a similar feel of premium build quality and classy looks. Also the screen might not be top of it's class but it is definitely very good and movies look fantastic with excellent contrast and black levels. No chips on mine after more than a year of use...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back