NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
May 4, 2013 at 3:56 AM Post #3,316 of 4,019
I received a 32gb European Z1060 this week in a great transaction with Didier from this forum - I love it, the sound really is amazing.

If anyone has a problem with MP3s transfered by drag and drop losing its cover artwork and/or track order - I have an answer; just reset the ID3 tag version to 2.2 and all will be well - it worked 100% for me.

Cheers,

Andy

May 4, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #3,317 of 4,019
I installed PowerAm and when I play with the equalizer, then lift the bottom of the frequency of the sound is distorted!

May 4, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #3,321 of 4,019
older versions of the Sony is the best that Sony has released a series of F and Z is a weak source for complete listening experience.

May 5, 2013 at 6:59 AM Post #3,322 of 4,019
The only thing that I like about this player, watch movies! for music it does not fit!

May 6, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #3,323 of 4,019
Think a few people here will disagree Kvud
wink_face.gif

I myself have the Sony X,A,F and Z series and prefer the Z sound signature over all of them! 

May 6, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #3,327 of 4,019
I dont use flac on sources like Sony cause they sound fine with 320kbps mp3.

Is there any dramitic variance in sound after the update? I dont want to spoil what I have and get frustrated saying 'I shouldnt have done that'.

I dont use internet or anyother components.Just the stock media player.

May 6, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #3,328 of 4,019
Quote:
Did you revert to it or tried it on a friend's Z? (please say you reverted to it somehow)Ebay-ed the updated ICS Z and bought another one to get back to

Ebay-ed the updated ICS Z and got another Jap Z to get back to the sound sig I much preferred on Gingerbread. I even tend to believe Sony optimized the sound for GB when the Z was originally designed and somehow wasn't able/didn't want to spend the resources to achieve the same when ICS came out but did make the update available for marketing reasons.Consumers tend to want the latest/newest even if it might be not as good as the old in certain ways!

All said however choice of headphones has an enormous effect as well and I'm happy now with my Jap Z on GB with ATH-CKS77 headphones. Warm analogue sounding with a tube amp like effect to it! And ofcourse people have different taste in sound so some might prefer the more analytical, bright sound which the Z got after the ICS update...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back