NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
Feb 5, 2013 at 8:53 AM Post #3,091 of 4,019
No idea about what the future will bring, but I agree that it doesn't look too promising, given that, for instance, the Z was out in the US for less than a year (even if the F seems to be a shrunk Z). I wouldn't make the jump to a phone, even if Sony merged the Walkman and Experia lines. I don't want to be stuck with bill for features I don't need and much prefer to have a dedicated DAP. If they stop selling Walkman, I'll look out for other, less mainstream, stuff (perhaps Cowon). 

Still, the F and E series are being sold in the Sony Store (US). They haven't been taken down (e.g., http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=8198552921644871536&N=4294940721).

Let's keep out fingers crossed that Sony doesn't pull the plug on the DAP Walkman. Apple sells millions more, but they seem to keep investing on new stuff (iPod Touch 5, etc.).

Cheers,

Feb 6, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #3,092 of 4,019
hi i got problem playing games on my Walkman Z when im playing games like temple run 2 and subway surfer it will lag for random moment which bugging me cant really play well because it will hit u random lag. my android version is ics

Feb 6, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #3,093 of 4,019
had no problem with subway but did have abit prob with tr2.
if your subway did lag, u need to check if the app is in "device" or "usb storage"
*juz be sure that all ur apps is at "device"
for tr2, its the walkman problem. nothing you can do about it... the game requires more powerful system/smartphone like s2/s3/ip5

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #3,094 of 4,019
I somehow doubt it as the Z run games that are a  lot more demanding than Temple Run very smoothly. I would probably blame poor coding but it must be quite hard to develop games that run well on so many different hardware. And It is unlikely to have been optimized for Tegra.

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #3,097 of 4,019
I just tried it and same thing happens. Maybe an update will fix it and feature Tegra optimisations. Like many apps it was first developed for iPhone and then ported to android so might need ironing out.
size]

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #3,098 of 4,019
Quote:
Not planning on getting a case and film? 

I do notice that the player actually is pretty good for not screatching up too easy, the gritty feel backside really helps.  But the screen I always protect, i managed to find pack of 6 quality ones for $2 shipped.   Ships from Germany so will be at least 3 weeks but if you can wait i think this is a bargain.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350705188710

I bought the screen protector from them and it takes several weeks to be delivered.  Be on a look out for a small letter envelope in the mail.  

Feb 8, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #3,100 of 4,019
Im hating commuting with the Z1050, the thing is just too bloody big!  I miss the X1000 compact size, i could do without the large screen to have increased portability.  Taking it out of pockets is a nousense, it just seems so much larger than my iphone 4.  I have to have a dedicated pocket just for this cause its so big haha.

This is why I kinda wish I had a set of cans too cause I always feel uncomfortable pushing my IEMs in a pocket cause dust can get inside or the wire might get squished.  Whereas cans you can just wear around your neck.

Feb 11, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #3,104 of 4,019
Yeah, I noticed the same. It was a pretty good deal and they're out of stock now. Does this mean that Sony is pulling the plug on the 16 gb F? I hope not.

BTW, I'd really like to have a Z-compatible speaker dock. I am only aware of japanese Sony docks, available only as very expensive imports. Has anyone tried the RDP-NWX500? I'd very much appreciate some comments or advice on the topic; it's gonna help make a good spending decision. Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back