NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
May 1, 2012 at 2:37 AM Post #1,516 of 4,019

Quote:
Do you bought the Walkman X from a store, brand new? Could provide a link, please?
Thank you in advance.
As for the Z Series, nice piece of kit.

I bought a nine month old one on ebay which has only 10cd's on it... hubby bought it for his wife but she hardly used it.... it was at £58 with five days to go, I offered £140 & we settled on £150, comes with leather case, unused headphones, car-kit, clear case etc so a bit of a bargain in truth.... aint come accross any new ones but there's a couple of nice X1060's on www.ebay.co.uk

Danny... cheers for that COYI

Thank you. Enjoy its sound reproduction.

May 1, 2012 at 7:33 AM Post #1,517 of 4,019
Hey guys, I'm faced with a bit of a confusing situation. I need good pair of over ear/on ear (like the Bose IE2s) to use with my Z series. I do require good noise isolation as well as sound quality. 

I've got a pair of M-Audios in ear IE30s but they're a bit of a pain when it comes to use. I love them but I use them more for monitoring/casual listening. 

I would like these over/on ears to be much more easy to use.

Could you guys give me a few suggestions? The reason I'm posting this here is because I would not want to invest into a pair of headphones and then suffer because they don't sound good with the Walkman.

Thanks in advance :)

May 1, 2012 at 7:58 AM Post #1,518 of 4,019
I haven't tried many, but I always liked my PX200-II.  Then I re-cabled and I like them even better now (not suggesting your buy then re-cable), but they do sound pretty good.  Always sounded like a closed mini-Grado to me.

May 1, 2012 at 8:41 AM Post #1,519 of 4,019

Quote:
Hey guys, I'm faced with a bit of a confusing situation. I need good pair of over ear/on ear (like the Bose IE2s) to use with my Z series. I do require good noise isolation as well as sound quality. 

I've got a pair of M-Audios in ear IE30s but they're a bit of a pain when it comes to use. I love them but I use them more for monitoring/casual listening. 

I would like these over/on ears to be much more easy to use.

Could you guys give me a few suggestions? The reason I'm posting this here is because I would not want to invest into a pair of headphones and then suffer because they don't sound good with the Walkman.

Thanks in advance :)

If you like bass somewhat maybe try out ATH- WS55 apparently sound like my CKS77 IEM´s just not quite as good, but if you dont mind IEM´s get the CKS77...amaing synergy with the walkman, if you go bck a page you will see my "rave" review with that pairing, WS55 are like the on ear versions i am led to belive, Dsnuts did a review saying they were his fav portable headphones he prefered them to his ATH.M50´s!, try to find it!

May 1, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #1,521 of 4,019
Quote:
danny93.... if you make my buy those damn ATH-CKS77... I'll be mad at you!

Haha...everyone should own a pair...I know what its like when people reccomend stuff and its a let down but i can assure they wont be, if you like bass you have to try em out, and if you have a ZO2 you quite literally NEED to try them haha 

There not for people who only want flat response or analytical sound...but for a fun bassy signiture where not only bass is good but mids are nice and full..and highs sparkle too, very detailed for a bassy IEM...people are saying there the D2000´s lil brother haha

People are much prefering them too the TF10´s...just saying 
tongue.gif

The seed is planted...now it just a matter of time 
biggrin.gif

May 1, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #1,522 of 4,019
...better than the TF10s huh?  Interesting... I really like the TF10 with comply tips and my custom cable.  If you say it's better... I'm almost itching to try it out.  Tell you what, ship me yours and I'll do a comparison... 
biggrin.gif

May 1, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #1,523 of 4,019
Quote:
...better than the TF10s huh?  Interesting... I really like the TF10 with comply tips and my custom cable.  If you say it's better... I'm almost itching to try it out.  Tell you what, ship me yours and I'll do a comparison... 
biggrin.gif

These are my only decent pair of IEM´s now...so I have an even better idea, you ship me your and I´ll do a comparrson haha 
beerchug.gif

Well i dont actually have the TF10´s but im just saying what other people have said to save you searching thorugh the CKS77 thread lol

PM Dsnuts he has both and could do a nice lil comparrison if you ask nicely, the CKS77´s will have more bass though, if thats a good or bad thing thats up to you to decide 
tongue.gif

May 1, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #1,524 of 4,019

Quote:
biggrin.gif

Well let me tell you the difference.  The TF10 is more closer to a reference style sound and has much detail but ultimately is kinda flat and imo a bit on the thin side sounding. Which some guys like.I know when you use them it won't be apparent but wait till you hear something like a CKS77. I own both. If you ask me which I prefer to use with my Z. .

Lol. Completely opposite ends so far as sound presentation goes. The TF10 are great for picking off detail and the bass isn't too shabby for BA iems but if we are talking about a completely engulfing sound then you are talking about the CKS77. You get surrounded by your music and not just hear them. If you go into your local electronics store or better yet own one.. If you turn on some desk top speakers a 2.0 set. Sure they sound good but how about the bass end? The CKS77 is as close to having a sub woofer with your 2.0.. You listen to the 2.1 next to those speakers and I guarantee the 2.1 will sound much fuller. Much more engaging.. Much more fun listening to music.

.Dannys not kidding when he says these sound like a 2.1.. They sound more like a 5.1 to me as the sound from these surrounds you..  One of the guys on the CKS77 thread was mentioning how he loved these as he also owns the FX700. Yes those would be $400 iems.  He loves these CKS77 and says they remind him of his full car stereo with subs. Yes they are that fun to listen to.. I have to agree with Danny. Everyone should try one out. These are just a blast to listen to your music with and with the Z.. You guys will be shocked how great they sound with the Z and I use no amp.

May 1, 2012 at 1:06 PM Post #1,525 of 4,019
Quote:
 Everyone should try one out. These are just a blast to listen to your music with and with the Z.. You guys will be shocked how great they sound with the Z and I use no amp.

Wait till you get  ZO2...I refuse to listen without it now!
Funny thing, I accidently plugged my CKS77 to the HP out not the ZO and I was like What happened 
confused.gif
...I thought there was something wrong with the seal as it sounded so much more thin...then realised the ZO was missing...ahhh 
biggrin.gif

May 1, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #1,526 of 4,019
Well, after I received my 4.A, I decided I wouldn't be using my TF10 much anyway.  So, I'm putting all my TF10 stuff up for sale and my D-Zero with iPod LODs (as I won't be using that much either)... when that stuff sells.... I'll grab the CKS77 and give it a listen.

May 1, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #1,527 of 4,019
Well, after I received my 4.A, I decided I wouldn't be using my TF10 much anyway.  So, I'm putting all my TF10 stuff up for sale and my D-Zero with iPod LODs (as I won't be using that much either)... when that stuff sells.... I'll grab the CKS77 and give it a listen.

Are you mad at me...:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back