NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
Mar 4, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #541 of 4,019

Quote:
 You can download a trial version!

I know. I should try it out.
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 4, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #542 of 4,019

Quote:
How is the interface of the winamp player compared to the walkman interface?  Does the sound quality change any between the 2 players? 

There are pros and cons to both interfaces. It seems like the Sony interface forgot some of my album cover images that appeared on Media Go (Sony's software). They just seemed to disappear for some reason. But the missing images appear on Winamp. However, I like Sony's Sense technology that analyzes songs and groups them by mood. That is kinda helpful if u don't know what u want to listen to, but are in a particular mood. Overall, I found Winamp's aesthetic value more pleasing as it , but it lacks the equalizer unless you upgrade to pro. I also found out you can playback FLAC in Winamp pro so I am assuming I cannot playback FLAC in the free version of Winamp (but got it working in andless, so no big deal). I think both the players sound the same though from what I can tell, but then again if you want to mess with the equalization you have to go Pro for Winamp, while the Sony player has the 5 band should you need it. In short, I would use both depending on what you want. Can't hurt to download it and see if you prefer one over the other.

Mar 5, 2012 at 4:44 AM Post #543 of 4,019

Quote:
If you buy from anywhere outside of the Eurozone no Walkman has a volume cap, hence my buying from Canada.

You can use white-rabbit(?) in Japan links are in thread, you can also use NYBox in USA, both will charge you a fee (see my NYBox quote in thread, too expensive for me).

My advice is to use one of the sellers on ebay.com (not .co.uk) and see if they'd mark your customs-form as a present & value of $50... I've done this with my new headphones twice now from Japan.... they always send 'signed for' delivery that is 'tracked'

hope that helps

thanks for replying. i did see a couple on ebay.com but even the cheapest 32gb worked out at £317

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-Walkman-Z-Series-NW-Z1060-32GB-Black-NEW-Android-2-3-Bluetooth-FedEx?item=280827554249&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6783476833296232947

which is the best part of £50 higher than the cheapest uk models i have seen
confused_face.gif

are the japanese models actually made in japan? it might be worth paying over the odds for if they are. what about the non japanese models, where are they made?

Mar 5, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #545 of 4,019

Quote:

thanks for replying. i did see a couple on ebay.com but even the cheapest 32gb worked out at £317

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-Walkman-Z-Series-NW-Z1060-32GB-Black-NEW-Android-2-3-Bluetooth-FedEx?item=280827554249&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6783476833296232947

which is the best part of £50 higher than the cheapest uk models i have seen
confused_face.gif

are the japanese models actually made in japan? it might be worth paying over the odds for if they are. what about the non japanese models, where are they made?

Neh, I have the Z-1070 (Japanese version) and it is made in China! One day we will be having our children imported from China, seriously not joking!

Mar 5, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #547 of 4,019

Quote:
I am getting mine next week. Eu-Version.

Please let us know what you think of the volume.

Quote:

If your buying in Europe there is a UK Seller selling the Z-Series 32gb on Ebay for £275.... dealt with these people last week as they can get the Sony Leather-Cases for Z-Series, I daresay if you phone the guy direct (BOB - 01786 832246), he will offer you a bit more off a Z-Series as you won't have to go through ebay.... he confirmed Euro volume cap, if its like past Walkmans you 'will not' be able to disable cap through settings, countries etc, you'll have to import one to beat volume cap.... interestingly, sellers on Ebay.com from Japan have slashed their prices on 16/32gb models, so expect a price tumble on the 64gb... you may be able to do a deal over customs-charges if you ask (in UK make sure its stated under £30-$50)

ebay link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-NWZ-Z1060-Android-Powered-Walkman-MP3-Player-12-MONTH-WARRANTY-/280835328240?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_PortableAudio_MP3Players&hash=item41631708f0

He can get the Sony Z-Series Leather cases for £32

Leather case: http://www.sony.co.uk/product/awa-cases-straps-and-armbands/ckl-nwz1000

Thanks for this information, very helpful OK-Guy.

Quote:
Try PriceJapan, you can get them to quote for you.  I got a 64gb version posted to Australia for about 42,000 yen.

Good to see he has them listed now, in white too !

Quote:
Neh, I have the Z-1070 (Japanese version) and it is made in China! One day we will be having our children imported from China, seriously not joking!

I like the turbo charged levitating cat (this comment will not make any sense to the reader if you change your profile picture, hence this second comment
biggrin.gif
)

Mar 6, 2012 at 3:01 AM Post #548 of 4,019

Quote:
Please let us know what you think of the volume.

Thanks for this information, very helpful OK-Guy.

Good to see he has them listed now, in white too !

I like the turbo charged levitating cat (this comment will not make any sense to the reader if you change your profile picture, hence this second comment
biggrin.gif
)

Thanks , and thanks
blink.gif

Mar 6, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #549 of 4,019
Hi Guys,I'm in the search for a new Sony Player to replace my X series. I'm looking at the new A864s and ofcourse the Z series. I probably wont go for the Z series because of its size, since ı use Galaxy Note for my Daily calling and computing pleasure, I cant have another big device in my bag...So if there is no differance between the Sqs of A864 and Z series, I will probably go for the A model. So is there a huge differenca in the Sq of both walkmans? Should I go for the Z series despite its size?Thanks a lot. 

Well, couldn't wait and pulled the trigger on A865, for its portability and for me not needing another android device…hope its an improvement over the X series...:)

Mar 6, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #551 of 4,019

Quote:

Can anyone who owns the iPhone 4S compare it against the NWZ-Z10** sound quality ? thanks... all these great products to try and the iPad 3 comes out tomorrow too ! 
confused_face_2.gif

think you'll find that no Apple product will compete with the Sony sound quality wise... even before the WM-Z Sony's were far superior SQ wise.

In most reviews by reviewers that lean towards Apple (devout followers), the review centers around what the device can do and not about the SQ or as a music player which is a tad pathetic as as Sony states clearly this is a Walkman (not a tablet, consol, phone etc) and as such is a music player first and foremost..... if you require it for other functions I'd suggest sticking to Apple or the like.

Mar 6, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #552 of 4,019

Quote:
Well, couldn't wait and pulled the trigger on A865, for its portability and for me not needing another android device…hope its an improvement over the X series...
smily_headphones1.gif

If you're in UK you'll find out pretty quickly that the volume levels are pityfully low because of Euro Cap, you'll have to amp it for a decent volume level... SQ wise I found it excellent (sent mine back after 2day because of cap)

Mar 6, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #553 of 4,019
I contacted Price Japan for a quote on the Z1070. I also asked if I would be able to change the language to English and their answer is: probably not!
I'm not really fluent in Japanese! 
Did anyone buy its device through Price Japan? Could you confirm that it's impossible to change language settings?

Thanks! 

Mar 6, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #554 of 4,019

Quote:
I contacted Price Japan for a quote on the Z1070. I also asked if I would be able to change the language to English and their answer is: probably not!
Did anyone buy its device through Price Japan? Could you confirm that it's impossible to change language settings?

Thanks! 

You can set the Z-Series to English (Japanese version)... quite a few have done it... see within the tread, first poster actually bought his from Japan & changed settings to English.... hope that helps.

Mar 6, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #555 of 4,019

Quote:

Thanks! 

Yes you can!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back