NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
Feb 29, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #512 of 4,019

Quote:
I take it you loaded the gun with that question in hindsight... hindsight !!! what a marvelous word, who ever thought up that retrospective word should be castrated & drawn and thrown to the crows to devour their eyes.....

I'll give you an example of hindsight..... today I received a lovely pair of Audio-Technica ATH-ES55 headphones, they're very well made, have a nice design & feel to them.... plugging them into my PC (un DAC'ed, I like it raw & basic... not) and put on a Ryan Bingham CD & several others, first impressions were, nice detailed sound & punchy bass good value for the money, though there is a but.... now I only bought these cause they were 5-Star rated by What Hi-Fi and the reviews were good on the net in general. I'm a bit restricted with time so going round loads of shops listening to headphones is out, but here's the crux of the matter these headphones of some quality (for their price, remember I'm new to this) do not tick my boxes, they do in many areas but there's something lacking (think its the mids, not enough space, hard to pinpoint) so I've sold them for a bit less than what I paid for them (£10-$15)..... so I've now got a dose of upgraditis.

Think I may go for a bigger driver of the ATH-ES7 which should give me a wider stage.... your thoughts please

I've never heard the ES55's, but I would have at least given them a couple of more days to break in before I sold them.....lol.

Mar 1, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #513 of 4,019

Quote:
I've never heard the ES55's, but I would have at least given them a couple of more days to break in before I sold them.....lol.

they guy was standing in front of me loving them, I was unsure if I liked them, it was a perfect marraige.... sold

anyhow I bought the Audio-Technica ES7's now and these will have to suffice for a while

Mar 1, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #515 of 4,019

Quote:
Sony Z1000 vs SGS with Voodoo ? Only Soundquality-wise, im using a dt1350/V-moda m80.

I thought you were on about headphones... there actually is a Sony MDR-Z1000 headphone for £450.

(turns and faces the wall all shamefaced for three days for not knowing kit
confused_face.gif
)

Mar 1, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #516 of 4,019

Quote:
I thought you were on about headphones... there actually is a Sony MDR-Z1000 headphone for £450.

(turns and faces the wall all shamefaced for three days for not knowing kit
confused_face.gif
)

It would be better, henceforth, to use Z1000s to refer to the Z1040~Z1070 Walkman and Z1000 to refer to the headphone. Lol.

Mar 1, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #518 of 4,019
OK my Z-Series will be here Monday at the latest (maybe tomorrow
tongue_smile.gif
)..... given my novice ways, which is the best format to upload from CD for the Sony....

On this forum I've learnt about Wav's, Flac's, attract's, mp3 etc etc.... it's all a tad confusing so here's my requirements... best quality with most uploads.

Ok I may suffer a bit in quality but I would like to upload a fair amount of music tracks.... that said, how much music would I be able to load-up using lossless files, mines a 32gb WM-Z.

ps.... my clear case for the WM-Z arrived today from Japan..... what a wind-up Sony are, it's got a full sized card insert of the player in the case, think I may play around with it for a lil while to get a feel for it.... think air-guitar
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 2, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #521 of 4,019
I need someone to upload his Android ROM (US versions only, other version may have the EU volume cap), so I can flash my Japanese.
Please if anyone was able or known of such please inform me.....

Mar 2, 2012 at 8:28 AM Post #525 of 4,019

Quote:
Hi to all!
how does the zseries compare to the likes of the z2 and the sammies???

Please read the previous posts, and you will get an idea
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back